Thumbbass

Stuff you've thought of but it's too dull for conversation

4 hours ago, Herman said:

I have a seething hatred for the song "Mustang Sally" now thanks to pub cover bands.🤬😀

Oh God yeah, I thought I was the only one who thought that!. The crowd back chanting of “Ride Sally, ride!” with the band stopping as a way of inviting them is utterly horrible, even worse than DJs in nightclubs playing “Living on a Prayer”, then turning the music off briefly after “We’re halfway there” so the dance floor lot can shout back “We’re living on a prayer!”, before the DJ turns the volume back up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Sex on Fire. A great band truly tarnished by this shoite song. Cue 30 and 40 somethings rushing to the dance floor in some kind of weird ritual.

They released “Be Somebody” soon after and that song is brilliant, but since that was after “Sex on Fire”, it still left a sour taste in my mouth knowing it was the same band who did that certain other song.

As for “Mustang Sally”, Wilson Pickett was an unpleasant human being, yet he was hailed by pub bands everywhere as a legend when he died.

Edited by KernowCanary

Speaking of Mustang Sally and this may be controversial but I thought The Commitments was an insufferable load of old b*llocks. 😱🤣

Apples

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Speaking of Mustang Sally and this may be controversial but I thought The Commitments was an insufferable load of old b*llocks. 😱🤣

Apples

I actually agree there, I don’t get the fuss at all.

• Like 1

On 02/01/2022 at 22:10, Daz Sparks said:

Yes, rowdy ****s! And me being the grizzled old miserablist  that I am, had been in bed an hour when I was awoken from my (most enjoyable) slumber.

On the plus side I did need a p*ss, so when I did get back in bed I slept through till 7:30, bonus!

That’s most nights when you get to a certain age 😉

Literal music videos were sadly a trend that didn't last long enough. These were music videos where, instead of the song in question, a new set of lyrics was written to the same song that described exactly what was happening in the music video.

On 18/12/2021 at 12:41, Herman said:

Vibration pads!! Marvelous. I am heading to B and Q too. Cheers. 👍

Maybe not B and Q then.😐 Looking for something else on their website and was told it was aisle 39. Looked in the shop. There's 36 aisles. Ho hum, that's why everyone shops online.

Mrs Frank asked for some vibration pads but I’m sure you can’t get them from B&Q 

• Haha 1

I wish Buffalax had done more of these. This was in Tamil, and he did subtitles that were what he THOUGHT the song sounded like in English.

This song led to some quite hilarious subtitles.  

I’d been put off this thread by the title, but it’s actually quite interesting.

So… why does the start of You Can’t Hurry Love by Phil Collins sound almost identical to Lust for Life by Iggy Pop? My wife and I were lured onto a dance floor many years ago by it and we both loathe Phil Collins. When we realised, we were left in a kind of embarrassed dancing/not dancing state until we just slunk away. 

• Haha 4

You can judge by the replies that this is a bit of a disaster zone of a poll.😀 I'll point out one of the most obvious mistakes. Southern Ireland is not a country and it doesn't have one big homogeneous accent.

14 hours ago, Herman said:

You can judge by the replies that this is a bit of a disaster zone of a poll.😀 I'll point out one of the most obvious mistakes. Southern Ireland is not a country and it doesn't have one big homogeneous accent.

Only seems to  feature 12 accents

No Nottingham 😟

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Only seems to  feature 12 accents

No Nottingham 😟

Thank you! East Midlands has a definite unique accent. Rarely heard outside the region though “me dook” (=my duck). The best example:

• Like 1

The all time classic Norfolk rant. I've said it before but proper Norfolk is hard to replicate so I assume this bloke is 100% genuine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Herman said:

The all time classic Norfolk rant. I've said it before but proper Norfolk is hard to replicate so I assume this bloke is 100% genuine.

That's classic that is 🤣🤣

Why dont you get stronger pins with picture hooks, I,ve got loads of wall hooks, a large pile of bent pins and a stack of pictures waiting to be hung. Looks like it will be drill and plugs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Why dont you get stronger pins with picture hooks, I,ve got loads of wall hooks, a large pile of bent pins and a stack of pictures waiting to be hung. Looks like it will be drill and plugs.

1000 times YES! So frustrating. ☹️

8 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Thank you! East Midlands has a definite unique accent. Rarely heard outside the region though “me dook” (=my duck). The best example:

Andrew Fearn has the best job in the music industry 

Press a button, crack a tin open, receive applause 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At about 5pm yesterday an Amazon driver with several deliveries in my street dropped them off, err, "randomly" outside people's front doors.  I'm not sure anyone got what they should have had.  The street is dimly lit and there's a mixture of flats and houses so the numbering isn't always obvious.  So there we were, wandering about in the semi-dark, playing pass the parcel. 

It was quite neighbourly - "If you find no.16 give us a shout".  After an hour or so I was about to give up but then found mine tucked inside the front gate at no.3 (I live at 41). The parcel was soggy, and strangely was covered with small black slugs, but the contents were ok.  I didn't think we got slugs at this time of year, is it a sign of climate change?  Get your slug pellets now!

Edited by benchwarmer

1 hour ago, benchwarmer said:

At about 5pm yesterday an Amazon driver with several deliveries in my street dropped them off, err, "randomly" outside people's front doors.  I'm not sure anyone got what they should have had.  The street is dimly lit and there's a mixture of flats and houses so the numbering isn't always obvious.  So there we were, wandering about in the semi-dark, playing pass the parcel. 

It was quite neighbourly - "If you find no.16 give us a shout".  After an hour or so I was about to give up but then found mine tucked inside the front gate at no.3 (I live at 41). The parcel was soggy, and strangely was covered with small black slugs, but the contents were ok.  I didn't think we got slugs at this time of year, is it a sign of climate change?  Get your slug pellets now!

I got one of those Ring devices for the front door so I am now lucky enough to watch the postie walk away with my parcel as well as get the red card.

1 hour ago, benchwarmer said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SlugKil-Slug-Pellets-650g-Protection/dp/B08CY4S3SF/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2MC3H2FBMNXLQ&keywords=slug+pellets&qid=1641739748&sprefix=slug%2Caps%2C386&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A1PW51DPKD441Z&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFOMUZIV1JCQUFLRU8mZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA4MjY3MzQyUFVYSkVVWlRKUVIyJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAzNzU4ODAzUFc1OURZMEdUSkU4JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Don't forget to leave the special instructions for the delivery driver. 😀

• Haha 1

Why the scum MSM think we care about “Kate’s” 40th Birthday photos. Just what makes them think we have to like these people!?.

Edited by KernowCanary

6 hours ago, KernowCanary said:

Why the scum MSM think we care about “Kate’s” 40th Birthday photos. Just what makes them think we have to like these people!?.

Meghan will be fummin'

15 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Why do some footballers pull up one leg of their shorts ? 

Kit makers will be cashing in with a new range of shorts with one leg shorter than the other. 😀

• Like 1

What would happen if Stevie Wonder and Andrea Bocelli decided to have a car-parking competition?