Sign in to follow this  
mannings bandy legs

Mathius Normann

Can I just put out there that despite all the gloom and negativity, I thought Normann had a great debut and displayed all the attibrutes that we have been missing. Keep the faith. Once these players really gel and get to know each others game we will improve. BELIEVE!!!!!!πŸ”°πŸ”°πŸ”°

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Can I just put out there that despite all the gloom and negativity, I thought Normann had a great debut and displayed all the attibrutes that we have been missing. Keep the faith. Once these players really gel and get to know each others game we will improve. BELIEVE!!!!!!πŸ”°πŸ”°πŸ”°

Displayed all the attributes we have been missing, have you seen theΒ 2nd goal? He was left standing like a 90 year old women. Did you then see absolutely no effort to get back andΒ stop the cross. Absolute embarrassment Β 

• Like 1

Yeah, I agree. I'd say he was our man of match today and it was a real surprise when he came off. He certainly doesn't shy away from a challenge and seems technically sound as well.

I'm not sure about his 'long' throws though; we're not a side which is likely to win much in the air anyway and his three long throw attempts weren't even close to the six yard box. Back to the drawing board, methinks.

Set up Pukki's goal. Then undid his good work by failing to track the runner for Watford's second goal.

But it's only his first game in a new team, so you would expect it will take time to bed in.

4 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Displayed all the attributes we have been missing, have you seen theΒ 2nd goal? He was left standing like a 90 year old women. Did you then see absolutely no effort to get back andΒ stop the cross. Absolute embarrassment Β 

Farke stated that he was running on empty by then. No excuse I agree,but no worse than McLean getting knocked of the ball like a weakling not long after and offering nothing in return!!!!!!

It was an okay debut but by no means amazing. Jury still out but not writing him off either. Let's see how he goes but needs to be better than today for the rest of the season if we have any chance.Β 

I thought overall it was an encouraging debut - and his assist for Pukki was Buendiaesque.

However, he clearly started tiring during the second half and was obviously at fault for their second goal - considering it was his first Premier League game and first start for us that was understandable - hopefully more to come from him when he is fully up to speed.Β 

• Like 1

Agreed a mostly positive performance, seems to offer something very different to the other CMs. Good range of passing but also super physical andΒ aggressive. AdmittedlyΒ poor for their second goal, also must say he looks like he could be liable to aΒ sillyΒ red card - certainly expect him to get a hatful of yellows this season at least…

Overall a promising start and I’m lookingΒ forward to seeing more of MeganΒ Rapinoe in the coming weeks πŸ‘

20 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

But it's only his first game in a new team, so you would expect it will take time to bed in.

Why has Farke used this perfectly winnable home game as a game for bedding in new players?Β 

Bloody disaster. I'd possibly have started Normann today, but not with the new centre back as well.Β 

In the meantime we will wait till he is up to speed and hope we can pick up a point or two.Ya right.
No he didn't have a great debut and neither did Kabak.The only one to come out with any credit was Williams and he was only the best of a bad bunch.
Norwich made a big thing about their recruitment this time.How they had waited,Β tracked and bided their time to secure the players they wanted.The press played their part and built the hype around these relatively unknown gems that we had plucked from obscurity.
Did they deliver.Did they hell
That was so disappointingΒ 

10 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Why has Farke used this perfectly winnable home game as a game for bedding in new players?Β 

Bloody disaster. I'd possibly have started Normann today, but not with the new centre back as well.Β 

Theres not really a good game to bed players in during a survival dog fight.

13 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Agreed a mostly positive performance, seems to offer something very different to the other CMs. Good range of passing but also super physical andΒ aggressive. AdmittedlyΒ poor for their second goal, also must say he looks like he could be liable to aΒ sillyΒ red card - certainly expect him to get a hatful of yellows this season at least…

Overall a promising start and I’m lookingΒ forward to seeing more of MeganΒ Rapinoe in the coming weeks πŸ‘

Well, if he does get stupid reds, at least we will have replaced Emi on one front.

12 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

In the meantime we will wait till he is up to speed and hope we can pick up a point or two.Ya right.
No he didn't have a great debut and neither did Kabak.The only one to come out with any credit was Williams and he was only the best of a bad bunch.
Norwich made a big thing about their recruitment this time.How they had waited,Β tracked and bided their time to secure the players they wanted.The press played their part and built the hype around these relatively unknown gems that we had plucked from obscurity.
Did they deliver.Did they hell
That was so disappointingΒ 

You do realise that if they're actually going to play for us then sooner or later they have to make their debut don't you?Β 

Daniel was backing Stuart Webber today by playing Rashica, Normann and Kabak and using Tsoltis from the bench. A lot of the club's money has been sunk into those players. In my estimation, Normann and Kabak showed more than enough to suggest they can add to the team.Β 

But there was quite a high price to pay in that Kieron Dowell must be wondering what's happening, and Todd Cantwell must feel devastated to be sidelined when he is clearly our mainspring for quality in the final third of theΒ pitch. Equally, Giannoulis can feel hard done by. (Williams is more streetwise, butΒ Giannoulis probably has greater potential). Lukas Rupp cannot be happy.Β 

Strange days, indeed. The hardest thing is to say 'give the new players adequate game time and then judge them'. But that is what we need to do. There will be blood on Daniel's carpet while that happens but that was probably inevitable one way or the other. It might take three League games for this process to play out and after that it die needs to have been cast, and an effective side needs to have been found. Failing that, we are going only one way and it ain't up.

Β 

Β 

He was good in the first half and got progressively worse as the match wore on, making a calamitous error for the second goal before getting substituted. If that's a positive then it really shows the depths of the despair we're experiencing.

I see a potentially good player, but he's not even close to being able to replace Skipp.

23 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I see a potentially good player, but he's not even close to being able to replace Skipp.

Too harsh. You’re basing this on one game and Skipps performances in the championship.

Overall a decent showing from Normann and the understanding of the league and team around him will be much better for it. Looks strong, not afraid to get stuck in and good on the ball. The second goal was really poor and blindingly obvious before the ball was passed that he was about 10 yards away from where he should be but I’m sure he doesn’t need to be told and hopefully, as Farke said it was down to tiring to an extent.

Has a better passing game than Skipp, just needs that awareness defensively. But far far too early to judge and the positives outweigh the negatives.

Β 

On Skipp, I realise someΒ fans will simply make him a messiah the more we struggle andΒ he is yet another example of a player being portrayed as better than they are the longer they’re not in the team. But he’s not overly rated by the Spurs fans I listen to (though partially due to being in the wrong position) and they wouldn’t be surprised if he isn’t in the team much longer. He’s one of theirs though so isn’t being too heavily criticised as yet.

He was fantastic…in the championship. The arguments for us missingΒ him (and comparisons with Normann) should be based on his performances in the PL, which so far have been ok to meh. Time will tell.

Had a great game today until he went off with a niggle. I hope it was just cramp.

He had a few decent long-range attempts. He can take a corner and it goes passed the 1st man (this is progress!) and has a sense of urgency. I really think we have a player here and hope he can start to manage 90mins.

Just now, NFN FC said:

Had a great game today until he went off with a niggle. I hope it was just cramp.

He had a few decent long-range attempts. He can take a corner and it goes passed the 1st man (this is progress!) and has a sense of urgency. I really think we have a player here and hope he can start to manage 90mins.

This is how low we’ve sunk. A player has a couple of ok games. And we are sing from the rafters about it.Β 

1 minute ago, NFN FC said:

I'm not "singing from the rafters". Just should be noted he was decent.

One of the few positives, made even more cruel by his injury.

• Like 1

Think this season is importertent for him.

This season is a stepping stone for him so he can geth a long time contract in Uk, france, germany ore italy.

He Will NOT stay for Next season (if he havnet canged personalety from his time at BodΓΈ/Glimt)