lake district canary

Let's be clear on our situation.....

2 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Jesus Christ that is mental when you consider we scored 6 in one match the other night 

Bournemouth are a Championship side and played a less than full strength team.  We’ve lost 13 Premier League matches in a row.

3 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Bournemouth are a Championship side and played a less than full strength team.  We’ve lost 13 Premier League matches in a row.

We've lost 3 games....the others were in a different season , with a diffrent set of players

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I can't help but question the character of those who wave the white flag after these three games. 

And question the naivety of those who have blind faith?

5 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Wow, why don't we all just give up hey? I'm no fan of the Premier League, and VAR and all that comes with it, but we were unlucky yesterday and more than matched a team with top 4 aspirations. So "weakened" were they that they brought on one £25m substitute in the first half and another one in the second.

Leicester scored two decent goals we perhaps could have defended better, but to give up on this team so quickly when Farke hasn't even got his squad sorted out yet is mindbogglingly defeatist. Stop listening to the pundits and the journalists - they know very little about anyone outside the top 6 and in particular they know almost nothing about Norwich City. People in the game itself know what we are doing and how well we are doing it.

We have bought and loaned in good players; players collectively better than what we had. Our squad is stronger than ever before. Clearly, our midfield still needs attention and it is getting it. I still think we were not quite at it physically because of the disrupted pre-season and our two centre backs (Hanley in particular) looked absolutely shattered. They will get up to speed. Williams will settle down. Rashica will be a top player; so will Tzolis, and both Sargent and Idah looked strong and powerful when they came on.

I have no doubt that a rejuvenated Arsenal will turn us over because that's the way of the world, but the four games after that is when we can pick up points. If we are still on 0 after the first 8, we might have a problem, but we don't have one yet. 

'might' have a problem! Blimey - if that horror scenario were to unfold then Herr Farke should be shown the door very smartly. Won't happen of course (him being shown the door I mean). You're right about those next four games but we need three wins from those to get back to approx. a point a game which (normally) just about keeps you up.  

Just now, CDMullins said:

You first...

Well I must be naive because I'm well up for the fight. We're back in the stadium, got lots of new quality signings, why wouldn't anyone be up for it?

And you?

I think we will go down, confidence and a good start are vital ... what we saw yesterday was abysmal defending and no creativity.... Not singling out any one in particular,  it's just not good enough.

Hope DF can work wonders and turn it around, but I'm afraid I can't see it happening.  Yet miracle's have happened,  fingers crossed

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Well I must be naive because I'm well up for the fight. We're back in the stadium, got lots of new quality signings, why wouldn't anyone be up for it?

And you?

Clearly your questioning my character, I'm a realist.

9 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Clearly your questioning my character, I'm a realist.

A realist....

That wasn't on the options.

Does a realist have hope for 35 games or roll over after just three?

Just now, nutty nigel said:

A realist....

That wasn't on the options.

Does a realist have hope for 35 games or roll over after just three?

In the same way I hope I win the lottery and Michelle Keegan leaves Mark Wright for me, I hope.

4 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

In the same way I hope I win the lottery and Michelle Keegan leaves Mark Wright for me, I hope.

So do you think you'll be a lottery winner with Michelle Keegan before City are safe from relegation?

Edited by nutty nigel

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So do you think you'll be a lottery winner with Michelle Keegan before City are safe from relegation?

I'm realistic about the proposition of any one of the three above.

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We've lost 3 games....the others were in a different season , with a diffrent set of players

Thank you.👍

It's not been a great start but that stat that is starting to appear regularly is bloody ridiculous.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

I can't help but question the character of those who wave the white flag after these three games. 

Yes, I'm incredibly thankful Farke, Webber and the players have a bit more about them than the bloody PinkUn forum. Only a few mind.

17 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Wow, why don't we all just give up hey? I'm no fan of the Premier League, and VAR and all that comes with it, but we were unlucky yesterday and more than matched a team with top 4 aspirations. So "weakened" were they that they brought on one £25m substitute in the first half and another one in the second.

Leicester scored two decent goals we perhaps could have defended better, but to give up on this team so quickly when Farke hasn't even got his squad sorted out yet is mindbogglingly defeatist. Stop listening to the pundits and the journalists - they know very little about anyone outside the top 6 and in particular they know almost nothing about Norwich City. People in the game itself know what we are doing and how well we are doing it.

We have bought and loaned in good players; players collectively better than what we had. Our squad is stronger than ever before. Clearly, our midfield still needs attention and it is getting it. I still think we were not quite at it physically because of the disrupted pre-season and our two centre backs (Hanley in particular) looked absolutely shattered. They will get up to speed. Williams will settle down. Rashica will be a top player; so will Tzolis, and both Sargent and Idah looked strong and powerful when they came on.

I have no doubt that a rejuvenated Arsenal will turn us over because that's the way of the world, but the four games after that is when we can pick up points. If we are still on 0 after the first 8, we might have a problem, but we don't have one yet. 

Such a good post that it doesn't need any more to be said, but...

Lees-Melou and Pukki were both shattered after about 55 minutes, one because he is post-COVID and the other because he is getting up to the speed of this level. L-M is likely to step down with new arrival(s).

We have seemingly strengthened since Saturday with the arrival of Normann.

We need to strengthen in central defence - Omabamidele is getting close to being a first choice and we seem to be in pursuit of another (better) player.

Our distribution from the back will improve greatly if and when Gunn takes over from Tim Krul.

So, why the misery? We are giving it a good shot this time, as promised.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CDMullins said:

@Uncle Fred Will have something to say about this post and i don't mean the bit about the lottery. 😂

By the way CD put me down for being a realist as well as opposed to the It Will Be Alright On The Night brigade.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

@Uncle Fred Will have something to say about this post and i don't mean the bit about the lottery. 😂

By the way CD put me down for being a realist as well as opposed to the It Will Be Alright On The Night brigade.

Dissapointed you haven't posted a picture of Ms Keegan, Tilly! 

Watched the old gold yesterday, wasn’t aware that they hadn’t got a point prior to the game. I’m not an avid premiership fan, only support us. I was at the Orient on Saturday, my local club. Adama was v good, Wolves made United look listless and fragile. United got the result via the type of error that happens. If I was a Wolves fan I’d be very pleased with that type of performance. In the cold Light of day, nil points, but like us everything to play for. 

17 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I've been reviewing, the situation... 

I think it was a poor choice of words.

What I meant to say was that those waving the white flag after these three games aren't being realistic.

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

What I meant to say was that those waving the white flag after these three games aren't being realistic.

No chance of see you waving the white flag as both your hands are happy clapping.

On 29/08/2021 at 16:06, LaUnionCanary said:

No Chris Martin please.

What a man, a,choice of  careers,  footballer or singer,  he should have chosen just one.