Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Fred

More Fool me

Having spent some money this season i had a glimmer of hope that we may be competitive 

I have just got back from the game and to be frank we are no better than the last time we were in the premier league, In fact we seem to have spunked a load of cash on a load of modern day Naismith’s

Not since the Fulham game where we were relegated have I seen a more disheartening performance

There is absolutely no hope of us staying up this season and Webber must hide his head in shame 

Edited by Uncle Fred

We haven't started yet.  Once we do get going, we will see much more good front play. Advice to the op - the match has finished and gone - get over it as soon as you can and look forward to better things.

I have been watching football for over 40 years there is absolutely no possibility of this squad staying in the league it’s simply not possible they are way way off the pace 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ah good to see Fred back we all missed you are your hope, dreams and optimism

Who exactly missed Uncle Fred as since i also got back from Manchester and having read this forum i get the impression everyone on the forum had seen the game ?

• Haha 1

I know it is still early days, however it is slightly concerning that we don’t seem at this point to be any better than we were last time

52 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I have been watching football for over 40 years there is absolutely no possibility of this squad staying in the league it’s simply not possible they are way way off the pace 

I guess the only person pleased with our poor performances is Mrs Fred, she's safe for another week at least, or do cup games count Uncle?

7 hours ago, Sideshow Tim said:

Attention seeking again I see! What did you actually expect from the first 2 games? 

Doh, kicking myself for rising to it! 

I expected some bite and effort and signs of giving it a go. All were absent 

9 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ah good to see Fred back we all missed you are your hope, dreams and optimism

Says the person who created a click bait thread for people to moan on.

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

We haven't started yet.  Once we do get going, we will see much more good front play. Advice to the op - the match has finished and gone - get over it as soon as you can and look forward to better things.

You are right LDC, we can look forward to better things as it’s very difficult to imagine we could be worse than yesterday’s appalling effort.

After 2 games we have set a new club record

worst start in terms it points and goal difference in club history

that is how bad we are, there is no hiding this one absolutely terrible 

It appears to me that a lot of posters saw these first two games as free hits so i must assume that the corresponding return fixtures later in the season will be regarded in the same manner and that is before we face Chelsea the European Champions..That surely means we are having only a 32 game season in which to muster enough points to survive ?

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It appears to me that a lot of posters saw these first two games as free hits so i must assume that the corresponding return fixtures later in the season will be regarded in the same manner and that is before we face Chelsea the European Champions..That surely means we are having only a 32 game season in which to muster enough points to survive ?

Are the clashes with Arsenal, Spurs and Leicester free hits too though???

Ffs you miserable bunch , life is a free hit, its only footy, man up, move on. Wallowing in your own excrement is not a good look.

13 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

I know it is still early days, however it is slightly concerning that we don’t seem at this point to be any better than we were last time

Do you remember a bloke called Emi Buendia? He was the little one who got us promoted last season. What did you think was going to happen when he left? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Do you remember a bloke called Emi Buendia? He was the little one who got us promoted last season. What did you think was going to happen when he left? 

What an odd thing to say.

Hmm let me think, oh yes that’s the guy we sold for £30 million right? We’ve since spent around £50 million. 

So yes, actually, I did expect an improvement. 

Especially as we have more experience now from before - both the manager and some of the players. We knew defence last year was an issue and therefore we improved that during the Championship. 

Losing Emi doesn’t explain our lack of being able to play simple passes to each other!

Losing Emi doesn’t explain our inability to defend. 

Can’t believe you are singling me out for being concerned, when you only need to read the articles on the main Pinkun page to see that experienced journalists are also expressing concerns. 

Weird…

21 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Having spent some money this season i had a glimmer of hope that we may be competitive 

I have just got back from the game and to be frank we are no better than the last time we were in the premier league, In fact we seem to have spunked a load of cash on a load of modern day Naismith’s

Not since the Fulham game where we were relegated have I seen a more disheartening performance

There is absolutely no hope of us staying up this season and Webber must hide his head in shame 

There is not a chance in hell you go and watch the games 

2 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

He’s a super fan, and funny in real life too 😜🙄

11 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

What an odd thing to say.

Hmm let me think, oh yes that’s the guy we sold for £30 million right? We’ve since spent around £50 million. 

So yes, actually, I did expect an improvement. 

Especially as we have more experience now from before - both the manager and some of the players. We knew defence last year was an issue and therefore we improved that during the Championship. 

Losing Emi doesn’t explain our lack of being able to play simple passes to each other!

Losing Emi doesn’t explain our inability to defend. 

Can’t believe you are singling me out for being concerned, when you only need to read the articles on the main Pinkun page to see that experienced journalists are also expressing concerns. 

Weird…

To help it is worth noting we were playing a team who have just spent 3 times what we got for Emi on one player. Every single one of their team is worth a great deal of money, but hey-ho we lost. Man City and Chelsea are not typical teams, that’s why they contested the Champions League final. Get a fcuking grip!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

👀

29 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I know for a fact you find me amusing 

35 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

I think you will find him in the photo of the Norwich fans inside the Etihad yesterday that was published somewhere.

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I think you will find him in the photo of the Norwich fans inside the Etihad yesterday that was published somewhere.

I’m not buying it John 

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Definitive proof there.🤨

Well i know where he is in that photo.