Giannoulis

Rupp

Lees-Melou

Gilmour

Dowell

Idah

Subs: Gunn (GK), Tomkinson, Sorensen, McLean, Adshead, Pukki

Edited by Bill

Shame Rashica’s still out, but I’m sure he’ll be ready for Liverpool, the bigger concern for me being Big Grant (has there ever been a Small Grant? 😂) doesn’t get a pre season game ahead of Liverpool. Not surprised re Todd, might be a knock but I’m expecting him to leave now so need to protect his value in fairness. Hugill could be Covid too but with the expected imminent arrival of Sargent, he might be preparing for life in the Championship I would hazard a guess.

Looks like Tomkinson and Adshead will be part of the squad

not sure if Tomkinson is seen as an out and out central defender, or whether he could play right back

with Adshead it is easier to be part of thee midfield,

though whether either of them are up to PL standards is yet to be seen

Just now, Bill said:

Looks like Tomkinson and Adshead will be part of the squad

not sure if Tomkinson is seen as an out and out central defender, or whether he could play right back

with Adshead it is easier to be part of thee midfield,

though whether either of them are up to PL standards is yet to be seen

Cheers for respecting our old friend Lapps on this thread, Bill 👍. That Tomkinson looks a big old unit, got shoulders like Joan Collins, interesting to see both him and the wonderfully gifted Dan Adshead involved - ones for this season, or filling in for those missing due to Covid etc? 

So three at the back for our final pre season game, that’s interesting he’s chosen that despite Hanley being missing, be really surprised now if we don’t line up with a back 3 for those initial tough run of games.

9 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Jeez that squad looks worrying.

Are Hernandez and Placheta Covid?

6 still isolating then

Hanley, Placheta, Hugill, Onel, Rachica, Mumba  

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Cheers for respecting our old friend Lapps on this thread, Bill 👍. That Tomkinson looks a big old unit, got shoulders like Joan Collins, interesting to see both him and the wonderfully gifted Dan Adshead involved - ones for this season, or filling in for those missing due to Covid etc? 

The idea is that it is a permanent feature ie that will be the subject title for the match day thread (changing the other team, name  though 😉)

Not sure what a 'unit' is, but Tomkinson seems to have stepped up quickly.  I would have thought a loan into the Championship might be the thought there, given he will get more experience there than the U23s, which tend to be less physical - as I cannot see him displacing the current four (plus another signing ?)

We don't play in the League Cup until 24/25 Aug so it is either in at the deep end or wait till then for a first team competitive game

Just now, Diane said:

6 still isolating then

Hanley, Placheta, Hugill, Onel, Rachica, Mumba  

Yep, that’s quite a lot to come back, Diane - the plus I take from that is that at least none of those can get a season ending injury today! Always fear this happening in these ‘friendlies’, so fingers crossed everyone else comes through ok today 🙏

Todd apparently has an ankle ligament problem so will miss Liverpool, that is certainly a big blow as he would obviously cause them some problems! Tzolis might have to get off the plane wearing shin pads and boots!

3 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Is the match viewable anywhere? Can’t see it on Norwich official site 

nope, as it falls under the ruling of no live games that start between 3-5pm

15 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

On Tuesday it looked like Tomkinson was played on the RH side of a back 3

the question though

does he sit on the bench, or go out on a loan

with Hanley, and a possible other CB would he even make the bench ?

1 minute ago, Bill said:

The idea is that it is a permanent feature ie that will be the subject title for the match day thread (changing the other team, name  though 😉)

Not sure what a 'unit' is, but Tomkinson seems to have stepped up quickly.  I would have thought a loan into the Championship might be the thought there, given he will get more experience there than the U23s, which tend to be less physical - as I cannot see him displacing the current four (plus another signing ?)

We don't play in the League Cup until 24/25 Aug so it is either in at the deep end or wait till then for a first team competitive game

‘Unit’ is a term used for a big well built person, Bill 😉. I would imagine he’s only been drafted in due to the Covid issues, but you never know with Farke, and I’d be interested to see if he gets 45mins or so today, late substitute against Gillingham however. My prediction is that Adshead will come on in the second half and give Farke some food for thought. Is he strong enough for that level yet? I do not know. Is he technically good enough for that level yet? 100% yes - he’s got it alright.

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

nope, as it falls under the ruling of no live games that start between 3-5pm

Oh, even though it kicks off at 2pm?

And btw, yes, the Official Lapps Thread is a really nice touch, Bill 👏. Can’t ‘like’ it though because our message board is about as much use as a sponge canoe today 😂

3 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Oh, even though it kicks off at 2pm?

the rule applies to GMT, not BST 😏

Glad that Zim and Oma are getting more minutes, if it’s going to have to be one of those two playing in the 3 then today will be a great test for them. Frustrating though to see so many key players still not able to get minutes. 

There are unofficial sources streaming games at this time but unfortunately we aren't one of them.

Some interesting friendlies today; Brentford v Valencia, Palace v Watford, Villa v Sevilla.

Leicester v Man City later.

7 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

And btw, yes, the Official Lapps Thread is a really nice touch, Bill 👏. Can’t ‘like’ it though because our message board is about as much use as a sponge canoe today 😂

The Pinkun forum is powered by a very finely balanced mechanism, which can be rather temperamental

https://londonhistorians.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/testinggolfdrivers.jpg

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

There are unofficial sources streaming games at this time but unfortunately we aren't one of them.

Some interesting friendlies today; Brentford v Valencia, Palace v Watford, Villa v Sevilla.

Leicester v Man City later.

Villa v Sevilla has been called off due to Villa having a massive sulk because they were forced to sell their best player.

Actually it's due to Covid. 😀