Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

Just now, Bill said:

I think you answered your own question

The consensus is that he would join to add experience and as a mentor, not be first choice

Whose consensus? I don’t see any consensus on that.

You’re the only one who said his ar*e will be warming the bench.

2 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Cahill signing on a free would be huge in terms of experience, and being released means you can focus on salary

oh dear

slowly

if he wanted £30,000 a week at Palace without any signing on fee

why would he want less with us ?

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Do you actually understand anything at all about transfers?  Your comment suggests not.

Nail Head on the hit !

1 minute ago, Bill said:

oh dear

slowly

You really are showing yourself to be a bit of a fool.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Evidence please , not a journo quote that YOU would normally dismiss.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

oh dear

slowly

Bill, oh dear! I didn't say he'd want less here, but if he's been released, so signing on fee, which means, hypthetically, NCFC could focus on his salary. Anything wrong with that????????????????????????????????????????

Do NCFC pay players £30k a week. I have no idea on what our salary structure is

Just now, Samwam27 said:

Bill, oh dear! I didn't say he'd want less here, but if he's been released, so signing on fee, which means, hypthetically, NCFC could focus on his salary. Anything wrong with that????????????????????????????????????????

I think we do, when in the Premier league, I'm sure Bilious knows  better though.

There is also the small matter of Cahills pride, as a player he may well fancy a year with us, playing a 1st team role, albeit on our wages rather than staying where he is, for less  money than he currently  gets, it's not always  about money.

• Like 1

Presume there was more to it, he was probably going to be clear back up there and only offered 1 year. We could offer 2 and he'd be a clear challenger to Hanley for the first 11

1 minute ago, Samwam27 said:

jeez 🤪

it's not me that has stated that he wanted £30,000

I was merely pointing out that if that was his demand then it is likely he would want the same here - the signing on fee has absolutely nothing to do with it, just as any transfer fee hasn't

so on the basis of him not being a regular we would be paying 330,000 a week for someone to warm the bench

it really is not that difficult, how ever much the usual suspects/numpties try to spin it

Just now, Samwam27 said:

no signing on fee I meant

Even a fee of a million plus wages, say 30k as its been mentioned  makes 2.5 mill  for the  year.....is that a good deal for us? Not sure but not knocking it either. 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

it's not always  about money.

It is very often that players at his age want a final move which offers a route into coaching too. JT at Villa played for a year and then was assistant to Smith for 3 years and is now looking for a manager job. I suspect that is what Cahill is after so it is quite plausible that a team could get him in on a low wage and without big signing on fees etc. It isn't like he needs the money.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone enjoy these threads that degenerate into arguments between posters? So tedious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Even a fee of a million plus wages, say 30k as its been mentioned  makes 2.5 mill  for the  year.....is that a good deal for us? Not sure but not knocking it either. 

Norwich paid about that for Fahrmann on loan for a year. 

Fulham apparently paid about £3m in a loan fee and £50k a week to Lookman for his loan last season.

£2.5m for a years service isn’t astronomical. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaFan said:

It is very often that players at his age want a final move which offers a route into coaching too. JT at Villa played for a year and then was assistant to Smith for 3 years and is now looking for a manager job. I suspect that is what Cahill is after so it is quite plausible that a team could get him in on a low wage and without big signing on fees etc. It isn't like he needs the money.

It takes a Villain to instil some logic, rather than just hurl insults or put downs, into the discussion. NB.

Well said, Sir!

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Man Utd want 5m loan fee for Axel Tuanzebe but that covers wages too. That is a bit of a bargain imo. I had a season and a half of watching Tuanzebe on loan at Villa and he is an excellent player. I am really hoping that we sign him on loan and then buy him next summer as he will only have 12 months left on his contract then

3 minutes ago, VillaFan said:

Then why not take a lower salary at Palace, and stay there, or have a club lined up and move once his contract ended at Palace

He did neither

Might not have fancied it at Palace. They didn't even know who the manager was going to be since Hodgson went into retirement.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

It takes a Villain to instil some logic, rather than just hurl insults or put downs, into the discussion. NB.

Well said, Sir!

Blimey Bedstains has found his login

They are all popping up now 😋😋

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Then why not take a lower salary at Palace, and stay there, or have a club lined up and move once his contract ended at Palace

Perhaps Palace did not offer him a coaching role. They just employed a new manager and new backroom staff so I am guessing they didn't want to make more changes to the coaching setup

"Bedstains?"

What adult couldn't possibly be embarrassed by that crass and immature stupidity?

Is Horsey pissed? 

Edited by BroadstairsR

6 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Norwich paid about that for Fahrmann on loan for a year. 

Fulham apparently paid about £3m in a loan fee and £50k a week to Lookman for his loan last season.

Glad to hear it, I dont normaly get involved in the' what a players worth' discussions' ....as I have no idea of the complexities of deals. 

A lot of people putting a lot of thought, time and energy into the idea that Cahill would be someone we would be after. 

No chance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

He did neither

So? were they  his only options? Short answer....no.  Stop now Bilios, this is gonna end up geting you stressed.

• Thanks 1

Villa will decide between either Cantwell or Thomas Lemar if/when Grealish goes 

Edited by WSM

Cahill is 36 in a few months, with three separate injuries last autumn that kept him out for nearly 5 months

At that age the risk of injury is greatly increased

Whatever money we spent on wages would be better spent on players like Sorensen, Mumba or a loanee like Skipp

Not some old has been sat on the bench with a blanket over his knees

.....................................much like some on here, I suspect 😏

3669AC5A-14AF-48D7-8DBC-C745806FDCF2.jpeg

Sorry for two posts - having some tech trouble

Edited by WSM

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

Cahill is 36 in a few months, with three separate injuries last autumn that kept him out for nearly 5 months

At that age the risk of injury is greatly increased

Whatever money we spent on wages would be better spent on players like Sorensen, Mumba or a loanee like Skipp

Not some old has been sat on the bench with a blanket over his knees

.....................................much like some on here, I suspect 😏

No need for that last comment, is it any wonder you attract so much ire............

9 minutes ago, WSM said:

Villa will decide between either Cantwell or Thomas Lemar if/when Grealish goes 

I would have thought Lemar would want a bigger club to Villa. I would be very happy to take 100m from City for Grealish and add Lemar to our team. Unfortunately I can't see us being able to get him.