Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

8 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

But in fairness to him everything he has said recently has now been repeated by Paddy Davitt. And he has often said he just says what he is told - right or wrong. I believe in what he says. 

Regarding Rashica, he said he had been told something about a big money signing and wanted to check it saying he'd have an update by 4.30pm. However in the meantime the club announced the signing. Hardly a sign his info was inaccurate.

I agree, I believe what he says. 

He also rubbished the clearly incorrect claim that Kensell left the club back in May for new challenges.

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Is he any good, or just like most 'ITK' accounts and good at putting the dots together and making sensible guesses? Did this account know about Rashica for example? 

Rashica is the first tweet above I think. They have been quoted by several people on here and Twitter in the past and been accurate. It was Gary Gowers who retweeted them. From what I saw before, definitely not just a typical ITK account.

6 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

O/T - Just seen McGinn linked with Liverpool. Obviously Grealish is mooted with a Man City move to. Oh the irony for Emi if these two would move on. Ok it would be for a lot of money but they are the main crux of Villa’s team. 

I do like McGinn. Wish we'd have snagged him from Hibs before Villa. Would be interesting to see if he can step up. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

O/T - Just seen McGinn linked with Liverpool. Obviously Grealish is mooted with a Man City move to. Oh the irony for Emi if these two would move on. Ok it would be for a lot of money but they are the main crux of Villa’s team. 

Villa would miss mcginn far more than they would graelish.

• Like 1

Flynn Clarke signs up...

Interesting one this, the Peterborough owner has kind of mentioned him without saying his name a few times. Big gamble for the lad, gone from real chance of first team football at Championship level to our under 23s realistically. I'm sure he'll be on a fair whack more money with us but it'll be a tough gig for him to break into our first team.

I suspect he'll be loaned out after we see what he's all about preseason

11 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I’m tempted to work my way down the list of staff at the club, but you’ve been great at a rumour or two that’s come good every window for a while now, so let’s not rock the boat 😉. Thanks! 👍

My lips have been sealed for 10 plus years !! ha good to see the Transfers are all coming together as planned 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ha ha Steven Gerrard will be confident because he can offer football at the ‘highest possible level’. Yes Steven, you can offer a whopping 6 Champions League group games, wow!

Just now, Alex Moss said:

Ha ha Steven Gerrard will be confident because he can offer football at the ‘highest possible level’. Yes Steven, you can offer a whopping 6 Champions League group games, wow!

Like i have said OUR signings have already been sounded out and some agreed for a while

Like leeds coming in for Gunn 

it was Confirmed by the man himself talks had been going on for ages 

just Media talk 

we have a Transfer plan which has been going on for months these signings are not thought of and made within a week 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Like i have said OUR signings have already been sounded out and some agreed for a while

just Media talk 

we have a Transfer plan which has been going on for months these signings are not thought of and made within a week 

I trust you buddy, have witnessed myself that what you say has been very reliable over the last 10 years or so! And I sense a real confidence and conviction in what you’re saying there, so that’s good enough for me 👍

I’m still very confident on Gilmour. He’ll be a yellow next week. We’re building quite a side for sure, good times!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now being linked with Longstaff from Newcastle which is a bit baffling. I thought we were going to be looking for bigger players this time round. Gilmour is a great player but he's not exactly huge and from what I remember of Longstaff he's quite small. And he can't even get in the Newcastle team 

12 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's still not let me follow him 😢

Really good news if true, time will tell

Does he know who you are??? A legend on the PinkUn!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Even that's not guaranteed is it? I think they have to qualify

29 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Even that's not guaranteed is it? I think they have to qualify

Not sure, but if people up there really think a handful of games in the Champions League group stages is a step up from a full season in the Premier League, then they must be crazy!

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Not sure, but if people up there really think a handful of games in the Champions League group stages is a step up from a full season in the Premier League, then they must be crazy!

There is a huge amount of pressure at Rangers though - the need to win every game is pretty intense as is the media attention. Can see why Chelsea might like those aspects of Rangers, as well as Gerrard being manager etc. I believe Gilmour is a Rangers fan also, so that of course plays into it.

I think Norwich is the most likely destination, but the sudden amount of noise around the deal does suggest that someone might be trying to draw out some alternatives.

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

There is a huge amount of pressure at Rangers though - the need to win every game is pretty intense as is the media attention. Can see why Chelsea might like those aspects of Rangers, as well as Gerrard being manager etc. I believe Gilmour is a Rangers fan also, so that of course plays into it.

I think Norwich is the most likely destination, but the sudden amount of noise around the deal does suggest that someone might be trying to draw out some alternatives.

Gerrard to Spurs I’m seeing. 

4 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Gerrard to Spurs I’m seeing. 

I'd love to see that. But I'm sure more funny memes are far more likely than that. 

6 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

All fair points, Bethnal, but you’d have to imagine from Chelsea’s point of view they’d want him playing against teams of a far higher standard than what the Scottish league can offer every week or so?

I think the deal gets done. Only a gut feeling of course, but I’d like to think this is not a new development as Norfolkingood has intimated. Be interesting to see the general consensus on the Wolves message board.

2 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

just Media talk 

I am really surprised that after all of this time and how many transfer windows, that people still don't grasp that Webber's approach is to have a list of targets by Christmas if not before, to be scrutinised and then worked on before the summer transfer window is even close.

We have evidence in the likes of Rupp who was brought in a bit earlier than planned - something I think we saw the fruit of when he was regularly starting last season.

After the last PL summer transfers and such a small budget, one would hope that they are working very hard to ensure the signings are more likely to deliver this time. The advantage of signing players now is that they can get them over here even if just for a couple of days a week to get their home lives sorted, and bedded down ready for a stress free pre-season.

• Like 1

Interesting that Man City have signed 2 players from Fluminese in Brazil for an apparent £9mil and £4.5mil respectively. You would imagine that if Man City have bought them then they should be of a certain quality. Those price tags should certainly be within our range I feel - it just goes to show that there’s real value to be had out in South America, and why I’m quite excited we now have a base out there ourselves. I still fancy us to sign a South American this window actually, another bit of flair up top would be the guess.

Not sure I’m feeling so confident about getting Gilmour now after these direct quotes from Thomas Tuchel today...

’We need 4 strong midfielders’

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2021/06/24/thomas-tuchel-billy-gilmour-future/

I’m getting the feeling Chelsea themselves maybe having a change of heart on sending him out on loan, perhaps due to that performance against England.

Edited by Alex Moss

17 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Not sure I’m feeling so confident about getting Gilmour now after these direct quotes from Thomas Tuchel today...

I’m getting the feeling Chelsea themselves maybe having a change of heart on sending him out on loan, perhaps due to that performance against England.

The Tuchel quotes in that article are quite old and are from before Gilmour was even called up to the Scotland squad.

It seems that Gilmour is pushing for a loan so he can get regular minutes rather than being 4th choice again, I suspect Chelsea like having him around as he's homegrown etc, but they also have Ruben Loftus-Cheek who could be 4th choice should Gilmour go. There is also the rumour that they are in the market for another midfielder. Gilmour is seen as a longterm replacement for Jorginho, but not ready to step up for them just yet. 

24 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I think you should try not to read into every quote. Relax. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't I'm sure there's a plan B.

5 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

So he knew it was Rashica signing before the official announcement though? Or did he just say 'someone will be signing' (or words to that effect?)

Norwich pretty much always announcing signings at 4pm - 5pm so saying - "The club will announce a new signing at 4:30pm today" is a pretty safe bet when everyone was expecting Gunn to sign that day. It is the fine details that mark the difference between an educated guesser and a real 'ITK' and real 'ITKs' don't tend to last long as clubs are generally pretty good at shutting them down after a while.

I think he’s pretty decent. But each to their own

I thought I’d read somewhere in one article possibly in the Athletic that Gilmour himself was keen on coming to us but I can’t find it now. 

@TheGunnShowYou commented on another thread you want to see a striker come in, I thought Rashica represents that winger / forward hybrid Farke wanted? My worry with him is he's unproven in the Prem and our back up options in Hernandez and Placheta might not be good enough. In that view do you think we need another out and out striker? I did wonder yesterday whether Pukki and Idah (Hugill out?) would be enough.

Edited by Danke bitte
Forgotten words is all it ever waaaasss

11 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

@TheGunnShowYou commented on another thread you want to see a striker come in, I thought Rashica represents that winger / forward hybrid Farke wanted? My worry with him is he's unproven in the Prem and our back up options in Hernandez and Placheta might not be good enough. In that view do you think we need another out and out striker? I did wonder yesterday whether Pukki and Idah (Hugill out?) would be enough.

If it's the thread I'm thinking of, I said a number 10/striker so not a winger/forward hybrid, merely I'd prefer either another number 10 or another striker but not one of each in an ideal world. Depends on how good Rashica looks as a striker as well as what progress Idah and Placheta make in pre-season. Personally, I'd be more concerned about getting in a centre-half and a defensive midfielder. That, to some extent, also depends on the progress Sorensen makes in pre-season.

I've also said in other threads that I think Placheta will be a very good counter weapon for us and he's looked decent when playing for Poland. Playing on the front foot against massed defences isn't a scenario where express train pace generally does very well. However, that's what we've faced consistently in the Championship, so not that surprising that there's been a decided lack of end product from him. That's when you need creative players who can operate in packed spaces and pick passes, hence Buendia's stats and status as the top player in the Championship, not to mention winning the Barry Butler with us.

Hernandez was our best player during Project Restart, so pace on the counter is definitely a weapon we can use in the Premier League. Wouldn't completely sleep on him either as he could cause some mischief off the bench. If Farke thinks it's better to keep Idah in the building then I would say we only need one more attacking player - either a 10 or a striker, but that depends on how Rashica handles it in those positions.

My focus now would be the defence and defensive midfield bearing in mind we sorted out the reserve goalie position. If we do indeed get Ajer and Gilmour, I'd be pleased although my preference would be Adarabioyo, who's more aggressive and imposing with this size than Ajer, not to mention already has experience of the league. But I'd be hoping Sorensen's knocking on the door. From what the Athletic wrote last season when he made his debut at Brentford, he was very much impressing in pre-season until a two-week call-up with Denmark U21s and he got no game time, and ended up undercooked on his return. Chuck in a couple of nigglers and Skipp's excellent form and he didn't really get a chance in his preferred position.

We do need some strengthening, but we shouldn't overdo it. Only so much bedding in you can do in pre-season, no matter how early you get your transfer targets in.

• Like 1