A brace for the man today as Paderborn lead 7.3 but unfortunately too late for the play offs. Confidence and nearing 20 goals for the season, I wonder how much he is worth now. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Paderborn aren't pushing for the play-offs, they're bang in mid-table.

I did think he was unlucky in many ways - he was a victim of not starting very well, and Pukki did. With our system only really having one striker, he was never going to get past Pukki with the form he showed.

Nice to see him do well at Paderborn though. He always struck me as a conscientious, professional, low-maintenance guy who tried his best for the team.

image.thumb.png.e6ad70fcd54deb44ad4de74fced52731.png

Had a quick look at Srbeny's stats on kicker as they're renowned in Germany for being decent at marking player performances on the German system from 1 = incredible to 6 = indefensible.

Srbeny's average for the season is 3.31. interestingly, Sebastian Schonlau, a defender who has been linked with us before, is batting slightly better and is Paderborn's best defender (and is leaving at the end of the season on a free).

It looks like Srbeny's found a club and a role, as well as his level.

image.thumb.png.6cc9fcc0d0230871dd628a633cfd0a66.png

40 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I did think he was unlucky in many ways - he was a victim of not starting very well, and Pukki did. With our system only really having one striker, he was never going to get past Pukki with the form he showed.

Very similar to Hugill in many ways. They are/were never going to usurp Pukki as the main man, and are/were judged on brief cameos when they never have/had enough time on the pitch to get some proper form and rhythm. They then get/got criticised for poor goalscoring records, even though their goals-per-minute records aren't/weren't actually they bad.

• Like 4

I've always rated Srbeny, I've always thought he should be in the Stipermann role as more of a second striker than out and out number 9. He's got good technique and can win headers, his finishing is iffy and he hasn't got great positioning in the box so I think that role would suit him better. 

Bundesliga 2 is very different to the Championship though, technically it's similar but most teams play possession football and it lacks pace and intensity so it's hard to judge how a players scoring over there would do over here. He's never a Premier League player though

• Like 1

Clearly a good player on a technical level who would score goals in the right team. He would be decent in the Championship but of course we are looking for more than decent at Championship level now.

Good luck to him though. 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

sloughbottom

You wouldn't let it lie.🤣🤣🤣

7 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Very similar to Hugill in many ways. They are/were never going to usurp Pukki as the main man, and are/were judged on brief cameos when they never have/had enough time on the pitch to get some proper form and rhythm. They then get/got criticised for poor goalscoring records, even though their goals-per-minute records aren't/weren't actually they bad.

But he ent scored enough ghouls

11 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

But he ent scored enough ghouls

Martin Peters scored ghouls by ghosting in at the far post. 

I thought that Dennis was beginning to find his feet in the end and looked quite useful on occasions.

He was useless at first and stretched our faith in Farke's judgement to a degree; in a similar way that Hugill has, on and off.

Whether or not the extra expense of replacing him with Jordan Hugill was justified, we will never know.

I'm hoping that Idah will do a Cantwell and "Summer" well. His brief showing on Saturday gave some hope.

Edited by BroadstairsR

5 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I thought that Dennis was beginning to find his feet in the end and looked quite useful on occasions.

He was useless at first and stretched our faith in Farke's judgement to a degree; in a similar way that Hugill has, on and off.

Whether or not the extra expense of replacing him with Jordan Hugill was justified, we will never know.

I'm hoping that Idah will do a Cantwell and "Summer" well. His brief showing on Saturday gave some hope.

They were saying on the pinkun q&a or something similar the other day that farke, Webber etc think he has it in him to just accelerate into a excellent player a bit like Cantwell did.

A lot people seem to think he will go out on loan, I'm not convinced. With Hernandez and Placheta the only other 2 forward players we have who have pace, and there's plenty of doubts over them then it wouldn't suprise me to see Idah stay here.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

They were saying on the pinkun q&a or something similar the other day that farke, Webber etc think he has it in him to just accelerate into a excellent player a bit like Cantwell did.

A lot people seem to think he will go out on loan, I'm not convinced. With Hernandez and Placheta the only other 2 forward players we have who have pace, and there's plenty of doubts over them then it wouldn't suprise me to see Idah stay here.

Confused.com.

9 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What is there to be confused about?

The thread title shows this is about Srbeny and  Paderborn and has drifted well off topic.

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The thread title shows this is about Srbeny and  Paderborn and has drifted well off topic.

Quick, call the police.

Someone on the internet has aggressively changed the topic from a former Norwich striker towards a current Norwich striker.

Unacceptable.

• Haha 1

Just now, kirku said:

Quick, call the police.

Someone on the internet has aggressively changed the topic from a former Norwich striker towards a current Norwich striker.

Unacceptable.

I was asked a question by TVB and i answered if that is ok with you.

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I was asked a question by TVB and i answered if that is ok with you.

No, your answer was off topic. Please start a new thread in future.

You could title it "Answer to TVB's question posted in the Srbeny thread that I couldn't answer because it was off topic and I'd already moaned about people talking about Idah"

That should avoid any future confusion 👍

Edited by kirku
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, kirku said:

No, your answer was off topic. Please start a new thread in future

Who do you think Tillo is.... Cambridgeo?

On 10/05/2021 at 09:49, Move Klose said:

Many people in the professional game rate Idah very highly. They know more than we do.