Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

No 3pm kick-offs next Saturday

22 minutes ago, kirku said:

Now we've got to the real meat of the matter, are roast dinners overrated?

A bad roast is horrible, but a properly done roast is on of the best things in the world. You can keep all your fancy French cookery if I can get a perfectly done roast potato. 

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

A bad roast is horrible, but a properly done roast is on of the best things in the world. You can keep all your fancy French cookery if I can get a perfectly done roast potato. 

Easy to do badly, a chore to do well. About sums it up for me.

As for French potatoes, you can't beat dauphinoise with a nice rib of beef..

3 minutes ago, kirku said:

Easy to do badly, a chore to do well. About sums it up for me.

As for French potatoes, you can't beat dauphinoise with a nice rib of beef..

Dauphinoise are much more fiddly than a roast!

To be honest I quite like cooking a roast- it can be quite nice in the kitchen on a Sunday, 5live on for the football or whatever music I choose while I cook. I'm also OK to cut a couple of corners to make it less of a chore too- shop bought gravy and frozen Yorkshire are fine with me.

The @ECB_cricket confirm that next Saturday all nine County Championship matches will pause between 14:50 & 16:10 to coincide with the funeral of the Duke of Edinburgh. The ECB are also asking all recreational cricket clubs to pause play between 1500 and 1600. Although not football related, good that the arrangements have been called early. 

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

To be honest I quite like cooking a roast- it can be quite nice in the kitchen on a Sunday, 5live on for the football or whatever music I choose while I cook. I'm also OK to cut a couple of corners to make it less of a chore too- shop bought gravy and frozen Yorkshire are fine with me.

I'm definitely on the frozen yorkie train. Always wondered about bought in gravy..

Fennel in a cream sauce, lovely touch with some pork

42 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

It tastes much better if someone has cooked it for you.🍴🍽

Disagree. Always tastes good when you cook it yourself, and I find I’m much more inclined to eat my own cooking even if it has gone pretty badly wrong too.

Kinda like smelling your own farts versus smelling someone else’s. 

18 minutes ago, king canary said:

Homemade Yorkshire’s are an absolute staple for me. None of that piddly aunt bessies nonsense. 

53 minutes ago, kirku said:

Now we've got to the real meat of the matter, are roast dinners overrated?

Why do you hate our country?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Why do you hate our country?

You are making 2 ridiculous assumptions there -

My roast is the same as your roast.

I hate my roast.

I've read some rubbish over the last 48 hours but you just won the Aunt Bessie medal.

Edited by kirku
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

It tastes much better if someone has cooked it for you.🍴🍽

A fry-up is always better cooked by someone else. I'm not a bad cook but I can never get it as good as a greasy spoon.

4 hours ago, king canary said:

Whereas I'm sure you would have been a brave resistance fighter, as evidenced by your dedication to posting memes you found on 4chan.

That doesn’t make any sense. The two don’t correlate at all. With comedic talent like that you’d get a series on BBC 3.

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

A fry-up is always better cooked by someone else. I'm not a bad cook but I can never get it as good as a greasy spoon.

Oh ive missed going out for a breakfast, thanks for the reminder! 

25 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Homemade Yorkshire’s are an absolute staple for me. None of that piddly aunt bessies nonsense. 

Tesco finest I'll have you know...

42 minutes ago, Canary73 said:

The @ECB_cricket confirm that next Saturday all nine County Championship matches will pause between 14:50 & 16:10 to coincide with the funeral of the Duke of Edinburgh. The ECB are also asking all recreational cricket clubs to pause play between 1500 and 1600. Although not football related, good that the arrangements have been called early. 

I assume they will do away with the 40 minute lunch, and have a 20 minute break at 1:00pm?

I  would guess scheduled hours of play will be something like:

11:00 - 13:00

13:20 - 14:50

16:10 - 18:40

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

That doesn’t make any sense. The two don’t correlate at all. With comedic talent like that you’d get a series on BBC 3.

Yes whereas your reference to Stalins funeral was of course based on flawless logic and correlation. 

I'm sure you'll get a column on Brietbart where you can rage about my bbc3 show.

Just because I know you're all concerned, the roast was spot on, the potatoes perfection (I agree that dauphinoise are much more fiddly than a roastie). 

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

👍👍👍

7 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Hilltop cafe in Rackheath do a nice brekky 

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yes whereas your reference to Stalins funeral was of course based on flawless logic and correlation. 

I'm sure you'll get a column on Brietbart where you can rage about my bbc3 show.

I don’t know what Brietbart is and I, along with everyone else, don’t watch BBC comedy.

28 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Just because I know you're all concerned, the roast was spot on, the potatoes perfection (I agree that dauphinoise are much more fiddly than a roastie). 

But are they better? That's the crux

I must say one or two on here are really showing their true colours and it is not nice to see.   Plainly thinking they are filling their boots but all they are showing is their twisted views and lack of understanding of past times, how a generation that grew up in the 1920s/30s had a very different perspective on things - and in that you can include those that were poor as well as those that were rich. 

That people seem so vindictive is a reflection of them, not the Duke, who lived his life according to what he knew from his upbringing and which included giving up his career and being a dutiful support for the head of state for the rest of his life. You can point at all sorts of things that he did that were wrong, but if you do that, you should also recognise the good things he did too. 

One thing for sure is that one sided incipid and derisory comments about him do nothing but show you up. 

For what it's worth I agree all the arrangements seem a bit ott, but then, these general steps that have been put in place have presumably been sorted out months, if not years in advance and we should just accept it and move on. He was an important person in the history of the UK and the monarchy and that ought to be recognised.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Hilltop cafe in Rackheath do a nice brekky 

That an invite FF? 🙄😍

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

You’re paying ! 

Always love the bit on Fiirst Dates when the bill arrives.  

23 minutes ago, kirku said:

But are they better? That's the crux

Roasted for me, although dauphinoise are OK I suppose. 

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Roasted for me, although dauphinoise are OK I suppose. 

Dauphinoise = Emi

Roasties = Tettey

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I must say one or two on here are really showing their true colours and it is not nice to see.   Plainly thinking they are filling their boots but all they are showing is their twisted views and lack of understanding of past times, how a generation that grew up in the 1920s/30s had a very different perspective on things - and in that you can include those that were poor as well as those that were rich. 

That people seem so vindictive is a reflection of them, not the Duke, who lived his life according to what he knew from his upbringing and which included giving up his career and being a dutiful support for the head of state for the rest of his life. You can point at all sorts of things that he did that were wrong, but if you do that, you should also recognise the good things he did too. 

One thing for sure is that one sided incipid and derisory comments about him do nothing but show you up. 

For what it's worth I agree all the arrangements seem a bit ott, but then, these general steps that have been put in place have presumably been sorted out months, if not years in advance and we should just accept it and move on. He was an important person in the history of the UK and the monarchy and that ought to be recognised.

Don't you like roast dinners?

18 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Don't you like roast dinners?

Does he hate our country as well?