cambridgeshire canary

*SEMI OFFICIAL MATCH THREAD*

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

Not a bad looking team that.

I mean, Mclean at number 10 I'm not sure about.. But seeing Sørensen in the middle, Quintilla back (to cross them straight to Hugills head) and Mumba, along with the pace of Placheta..? Not got many complaints. Interesting seeing Cantwell start, but fair if Onel is not fully fit yet, although I presume he will come on to replace cantwell at some point.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

MUMBA NUMBER FIVE!!!!!

Tettey, Sørensen and McLean - well, that's a midfield with some degree of physicality. Definitely hoping Sørensen looks the part in his best position, and he looks like he can hit a ball from deep and go box-to-box with Kenny. Omobamidele must have tweaked something to not even be on the bench.

Good to see a few fringe players and returnees getting game time.

Just now, Herman said:

That is a bad photo of Zimmerman.😀

Sørensen probably agrees. Both look like serial killers. Barden seems to have borrowed McGovern's barber for the day too.

Nice to see Sorensen in his natural position. I hope he will be as good there as I think he will be. 

Excited to see Mumba play again.

Interesting that Todd is out on the right 🤔

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Sørensen probably agrees. Both look like serial killers. Barden seems to have borrowed McGovern's barber for the day too.

🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Nice to see Sorensen in his natural position. I hope he will be as good there as I think he will be. 

Excited to see Mumba play again.

Interesting that Todd is out on the right 🤔

Sørensen and Tetty in the middle with Zimmerman behind them is a hell of a strong wall, will be interesting seeing how they gell together.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

Where's young Martin?

Got a cold / symptoms. They're testing for Covid.

In terms of who is fit, who isn’t, who needs game time and who needs resting that’s the perfect team really. Want to go through obviously but not overly fussed if we don’t tbh.

3 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

In terms of who is fit, who isn’t, who needs game time and who needs resting that’s the perfect team really. Want to go through obviously but not overly fussed if we don’t tbh.

Exactly. Would be nice to go through to give the reserves another match, but que sera, sera is pretty much my view of this.

It's good for Barden - Can really make claim to Krul's understudy as although another mature experienced keeper is good until one arrives it's Bardens shirt to keep!

at least Quintilla looks pleased to be playing - unlike the other miserable looking bunch

otherwise looking forward to seeing Mumba, Sorensen in the middle and 'Who he 'starting a game

🎶 Wembley, Wembley, Wembley 🎶

Its a pretty decent 'weakened lineup'. We are building a very broadly competent squad, I may have to eat my words but I predict a city win. 

Liking the look of this team alot. 

Hugill, who will be eager to prove himself.

Placheta and Quintilla on the left, Mumba and Cantwell on the right - so much pace and desire there.

Maclean for experience in the middle, Sorensen getting his reward to play in his best position alongside the evergreen Tettey.

A new partnership of CBs, not played together before (and imo could turn out to be our best pairing)

A young goalkeeper that looks very comfortable with his kicking and distribution.

Lovin' it.

9-0

🤩

Edited by lake district canary

9 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Its a pretty decent 'weakened lineup'. We are building a very broadly competent squad, I may have to eat my words but I predict a city win. 

As I said it's worth noting that Cov are playing a mostly full strength regular lineup, and they clearly are in it to win it. Will be a tough one IMO

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

As I said it's worth noting that Cov are playing a mostly full strength regular lineup, and they clearly are in it to win it. Will be a tough one IMO

Not disagreeing Cambridgo,  can still see us winning though. 

I'm just pleased that we are being sensible as a squad and avoiding the dreaded virus as much as possible. 

An exciting lineup and brilliant to be able to see particularly Mumba, Placheta and Quintilla back in action. 

I think we will have a very good result today and I would love to see Hugill prove some doubters wrong.

1 minute ago, paul moy said:

I'm just pleased that we are being sensible as a squad and avoiding the dreaded virus as much as possible. 

An exciting lineup and brilliant to be able to see particularly Mumba, Placheta and Quintilla back in action. 

I think we will have a very good result today and I would love to see Hugill prove some doubters wrong.

Hoping that Xavis fantastic crosses will be a treat for Hugill.

• Like 1

A team that many championship sides would  be happy to turn out in the league.

Edited by horsefly

Its difficult to appraise Hugill. He doesn't look to be the same type of player as Teemu. So he isn't a replacement but an alternative.

And even if he score a hat trick today, he is out next match.