Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Newcastles injury crisis

11 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

As a wing-back allegedly.

Also Everton played a defensive midfielder as a right back - not sure it did them much good.

We know he was played out of position but Everton fans seem to think our club ( so mr Webber ) have robbed them. 
Funny old game.

40 minutes ago, Well b back said:

We know he was played out of position but Everton fans seem to think our club ( so mr Webber ) have robbed them. 
Funny old game.

If the Everton fans think we charged them too much for Godfrey then they complain to their club for putting the bid in. We had no need to sell and wanted to keep all our talent for this season, so were never going to let him go cheaply

Edited by HazzaJet

It's only fair given how much we paid for Naismith. Anyway they didn't buy him as right back.

43 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

If the Everton fans think we charged them too much for Godfrey then they complain to their club for putting the bid in. We had no need to sell and wanted to keep all our talent for this season, so were never going to let him go cheaply

You have summed it up lovely, we say he was a talent, they call him a duffer ( think that’s Scouse for Naismith as Surfer points out ). 
Football fans are wonderful things.

It’s funny, really liked and like Ben Godfrey, but last season we were arguably at our most solid and sound at the back during the spell Hanley and Zimbo played together. It was noticeable in that spell of games that there was less panic, flapping, and pressurised balls being played back to TK. We’ve now won 3 on the spin since Hanley came back in. Granted, it must be factored in that we have another Ben playing at the back now too, and perhaps he’s also made a big difference. But I do think Grant is quite underrated, and certainly as good a CB as you will find in the Championship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

its so bad that Jacob Murphy is getting a game! 😀

And Jacob Murphy - who has been Newcastle's best player according to the Radio 5 commentary - pops up with a vital equaliser. 🙂😉 

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

And Jacob Murphy - who has been Newcastle's best player according to the Radio 5 commentary - pops up with a vital equaliser. 🙂😉 

I'm not the official 'motivation coach' for Newcastle but after today I'm expecting to be given a full time role.

😀

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

I'm not the official 'motivation coach' for Newcastle but after today I'm expecting to be given a full time role.

😀

Fair play for coming back, most would have avoided the message board, let alone this thread for a couple of days.

• Thanks 1

Wound Geordie mates up at the time by suggesting they bought the wrong Murphy (not true of course, they're both good lads) and guiltily hated it when it went wrong for Jacob. So absolutely delighted for him today and hope Brucie now gives him a run in the team. 

2 hours ago, Van wink said:

Murphy had a really good game, Ex Norwich wingbacks for the Toon Army today.

A load of City rejects on display today.

Forster. Ruddy.

Bertrand.

Godfrey.

Lewis.

Redmond.

Murphy.

Maddison.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

A load of City rejects on display today.

Forster. Ruddy.

Bertrand.

Godfrey.

Lewis.

Redmond.

Murphy.

Maddison.

Some of those ' rejects ' added getting on for £100 million to the coffers so i assume that word was tongue in cheek Herman ? 🤔

• Haha 1

I don't often watch MOTD, but to see Lewis and Godfrey in action was too much not to miss.

How Ancelotti could do that to Godfrey I don't know for his first match with Everton.  Godfrey is versatile as we all know, but playing right back was barmy. From the highlights it looked as if Godfrey had two free players to cover on his side of the pitch and was receiving no or very little help from those around him. 

Lewis looks the real deal though and seemed to play well, but the highlight was that goal by Jacob - great to see him in action and doing well - and a little bit surprising that the more senior players around him allowed him to take that free kick. Great goal.

Murphy earned his place in the side and practiced free kicks in training so👏👏👏.

Lewis and Murphy having a City connection can only be a plus for their futures at Newcastle during good and  bad times.