2clubbanker

Cameron Carter-vickers get him now please

He was Immense at Luton last season he was the reason why we stayed up he is only 22 years old. Tottenham will let him go the only reason he doesn’t come back to Luton is the spuds wanted to sell him instead of loaning him out again they only want 2 million. 

He was on loan at Stoke first went back to spurs and then to my home town club Luton he was brilliant I wish Luton could get him but the 2million is to much for Luton to pay. Why should we get that lad on loan from arsenal and pay a loan fee when we can get CCV for about the price we pay arsenal to loan a player.

All very neat apart from the fact you haven't got an effing clue what his wages are. 

Is he cheap if spuds pay him 30k a week? 

And to answer you question yes he did he has lots of experience in the championship he is only 22years old and a full USA International. It’s a no brainier someone as he fits all the boxes 

15 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

All very neat apart from the fact you haven't got an effing clue what his wages are. 

Is he cheap if spuds pay him 30k a week? 

With respect, we're backing ourselves into a corner here. If you'd have told the fans after last season's CB injury crisis that we'd have LESS CBs after the transfer window you'd have been lynched. If the club doesn't get anyone in they'll be hell to pay. Tettey at CB is NOT the solution. It wasn't last season, it certainly isn't now!

• Like 2

I think he is in about 20k a week much more than the 6K wage cap at Luton but remember james bree was on about the same at Aston Villa but took a wage cut to make the move back to Luton 

"On 19 January 2018, Ipswich Town signed Carter-Vickers on loan until the end of the season. He made his Ipswich Town debut away to Bolton Wanderers on 20 January 2018. Carter-Vickers played 17 times for the Tractor Boys as they finished in a mid-table position of 12th."

Yes has played at the Portaloo.

Did well there apparently.

Anybody got any   ITFc friends to get the lowdown? Anybody? Anybody? Anybody?

3 hours ago, 2clubbanker said:

I think he is in about 20k a week much more than the 6K wage cap at Luton but remember james bree was on about the same at Aston Villa but took a wage cut to make the move back to Luton 

That's probably less than Klose was on.

And how would getting a 22 year old on a permanent deal go down with the likes of Famewo and Omobamidele, who are the next in line for stepping up? I think a loan for the Arsenal guy is much more likely.

I have seen him play. Immensely strong, just about good enough on the ball, but relatively short for a central defender. He is a fearsome opponent and although we all know the dangers of too few good aerial markers, I quite like him and wouldn't write him off.

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

And how would getting a 22 year old on a permanent deal go down with the likes of Famewo and Omobamidele, who are the next in line for stepping up? I think a loan for the Arsenal guy is much more likely.

I doubt it would bother them too much. If we stay in the Championship, Gibson's loan wouldn't become permanent and someone else may depart too. If we go up, then I doubt they'd be ready for the Premier League anyway.

4 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I doubt it would bother them too much. If we stay in the Championship, Gibson's loan wouldn't become permanent and someone else may depart too. If we go up, then I doubt they'd be ready for the Premier League anyway.

I'm not sure us signing permanently signing Gibson is dependent upon promotion. I suspect that it was a loan with a view to permanent as they knew we would lose players for good money and be in a better position to purchase him at a later date.

I think it was inevitable that at least two of the three most linked to defenders were going to go for good money. A loan was insurance. He wants regular football and I think Dyche is happy to get rid. 

20 minutes ago, chicken said:

I'm not sure us signing permanently signing Gibson is dependent upon promotion. I suspect that it was a loan with a view to permanent as they knew we would lose players for good money and be in a better position to purchase him at a later date.

I think it was inevitable that at least two of the three most linked to defenders were going to go for good money. A loan was insurance. He wants regular football and I think Dyche is happy to get rid. 

If I'm not mistaken, we have an obligation to buy Gibson if we go up, but I'm not sure if we have an option otherwise. I think it's a moot point anyway, as I doubt we'd be prepared to spend several million on him if we're stuck in the Championship.

35 minutes ago, wooster said:

Just seen this:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-tottenham-accept-7-figure-bid-for-international/

Tottenham have accepted a bid from Bournemouth for Cameron Carter-Vickers and he has been given the green light to discuss personal terms, 

1 less team in for Saliba then... sadly it'll probably be Watford that get him. Saliba was on their radar before and they have the advantage of being nearer Arsenal so they can keep tabs on him better and he can settle into London life better

52 minutes ago, 2clubbanker said:

The Bournemouth link is old he is still at Tottenham 

Yep, looks like agent talk. The Sun had him leaving for Swansea two days ago?

15 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

If I'm not mistaken, we have an obligation to buy Gibson if we go up, but I'm not sure if we have an option otherwise. I think it's a moot point anyway, as I doubt we'd be prepared to spend several million on him if we're stuck in the Championship.

I think it depends. I think the obligation to buy at that point reflected on us being unsure of where other players would be. No point spending £8million on a CB who'd not played in two years and when we may have ended up with four other CB's on the books too. At least a loan gives us a bit of a wage break with him.

A lot will depend upon the wishes of the player and things like wages etc. But with Klose and Godfrey now gone, perhaps it'll depend upon how he performs. If he can stay clear of injuries for a season he'll have been better than Klose, and he is our record in terms of fee for a defender at a rumoured £7.5-8million.

On 07/10/2020 at 17:59, Pugin said:

I have seen him play. Immensely strong, just about good enough on the ball, but relatively short for a central defender. He is a fearsome opponent and although we all know the dangers of too few good aerial markers, I quite like him and wouldn't write him off.

Our man Cameron  Carter-Vickers in glorious action against Timmy 🙂

20201010_094350.jpg

• Like 1