Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Pukki injury 🥴

I find it some somewhat odd how keen people are to see a player that at his best scored 29 goals in this league replaced by a player who at their best got half that. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

I find it some somewhat odd how keen people are to see a player that at his best scored 29 goals in this league replaced by a player who at their best got half that. 

Beacause he heads balls into a net. While we have a player who is crossing balls into empty space to players who cant head it.

I see where your coming from , but lets face it Pukki has not been at his best since that broken toe at Leicester, and who is to say Hughill wont get close to that 29 if he plays more regularly.   

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Beacause he heads balls into a net. While we have a player who is crossing balls into empty space to players who cant head it.

I get that but also opposition managers aren't morons.  Take Derby for example, Phillip Cocu was a world class player who read the game well and has won 3 Dutch titles as a manager.  Had Hugill started Saturday do you think Derby would still have played so narrow, congested the middle of the pitch and allowed as many crosses to come from wide areas?

Edited by seanthecanary

10 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Simple solution here:

PLAY BOTH

I think that seems viable but when was the last time Farke started with two strikers on the pitch?  That's not sarcasm by the way, I am genuinely interested in if anyone knows🙂

17 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Muscular injury in his thigh I believe.

According to the Pinkun front page he had an injection prior to the game, which makes Farkes decision to keep leaving out Hugill even more bizarre. Surprised he stepped up to take the penalty if he had a numb leg.

2 hours ago, seanthecanary said:

I get that but also opposition managers aren't morons.  Take Derby for example, Phillip Cocu was a world class player who read the game well and has won 3 Dutch titles as a manager.  Had Hugill started Saturday do you think Derby would still have played so narrow, congested the middle of the pitch and allowed as many crosses to come from wide areas?

Exactly that. So far every team has been about stopping us rather than enforcing their own play and style onto us. If we play a Hugill they're going to be less concerned about balls in behind and Pukkis excellent movement and more about closing down and stopping crosses into the box.

9 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

According to the Pinkun front page he had an injection prior to the game, which makes Farkes decision to keep leaving out Hugill even more bizarre. Surprised he stepped up to take the penalty if he had a numb leg.

I think to be fair that it’s quite normal for players to play on with some form of niggle or suchlike, so nothing too unusual there, Pants. Just a bad slip for the penalty in my opinion, but who knows. Modern football boots really are crap, and aren’t fit for purpose.

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Or alternatively we could ask the guy making the crosses to keep them low and quick instead...

9 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

Or alternatively we could ask the guy making the crosses to keep them low and quick instead...

That's the feeling I had as well. The complaint seems to be that Farke should have read the situation sooner and brought Hugill on earlier. I can understand that to point but as you've said, maybe some question has to be asked as to why Quintillia kept putting in high crosses to a smaller forward playing against 3, 6ft+ Centre Backs. The Hugill suggestion makes sense in a way but that play suits just Quintillia and Hugill and negates the way the rest of players are comfortable with playing. 

33 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Ah, the old 'injured' on transfer deadline day claim...

Blimey, my first thought was "has he really still not sorted that toe out" 

This hadn't even crossed my mind, but you could be right there! 

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Modern football boots really are crap, and aren’t fit for purpose.

Keep seeing people say this, but if they are so crap why don't we see players just walking out in the old school ones?

These were my boots in 1999.... 

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/1998-nike-tiempo-750-football-boots-in-box-kids-sg-1.html

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Perhaps he hasn't actually ever stopped getting injections into his toe since originally injuring it earlier this year, which would be a huge cause for concern as that was a long time ago now. 

I'm assuming the infection has been caused by the injection itself? 

On 05/10/2020 at 20:12, TeemuVanBasten said:

Perhaps he hasn't actually ever stopped getting injections into his toe since originally injuring it earlier this year, which would be a huge cause for concern as that was a long time ago now. 

I'm assuming the infection has been caused by the injection itself? 

Sepsis is a huge killer in the UK often acquired after operations. It does concern me that a player is not allowed time to recover fully from an injury and pain killers used to allow him to play as a short term measure.

On 05/10/2020 at 20:11, TeemuVanBasten said:

Keep seeing people say this, but if they are so crap why don't we see players just walking out in the old school ones?

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/1998-nike-tiempo-750-football-boots-in-box-kids-sg-1.html

Had the same pair. And if an opponent had anything other than black boots they got snapped pretty quickly... Winger with yellow boots? Definitely going to be three times quicker than me and pulling out tricks that make me look stupid. Put a stop to that nice and early!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Had the same pair. And if an opponent had anything other than black boots they got snapped pretty quickly... Winger with yellow boots? Definitely going to be three times quicker than me and pulling out tricks that make me look stupid. Put a stop to that nice and early!

Ha, I had both the studded and the mouldies.

You had to be a real flair player to get away with colourful boots in those days. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Ha, I had both the studded and the mouldies.

You had to be a real flair player to get away with colourful boots in those days. 

I had a pair of the white Alan Ball Stylo? ( think that was the brand) when I was a kid. I really believed they made me a better player.

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

I had a pair of the white Alan Ball Stylo? ( think that was the brand) when I was a kid. I really believed they made me a better player.

I went crazy a few years later and upgraded from the above to the black Nike total 90s but with red trimming instead of white. Did try a few 40 yard belters but I was still carp!

Tactics =

Loads of high quality crosses into the box = Tudgill as a robust No9 - with Idah as back up

Loads of slick passing in the final 3rd with an on form No10 = Pukki (but no back up)

3 strikers up front as a totally desperate measure - just Play Station tactics from Farke

Even the old 3 CB's ofd Derby knew what Farke would do - just 100% predicable, & useless Coach (don't get me on defending set pieces over 3 seasons of abject failure)

Not sure what Farke is trying to do anymore - he just plays on the transfer market problems as an excuse

Everyone as a fan of NCFC knew our best young players would be at risk of bids this season, after Farke's total & utter failure to get any of our players motivated post lockdown in the Prem

After lockdown we were a total embarrassment - Farke was 100% at fault

5 competitive matches now within the Championship -  Farke is still a failure & needs to be sacked asap

4 hours ago, Aggy said:

Had the same pair until I upgraded to some Adidas Predators.

• Like 1

On 05/10/2020 at 20:11, TeemuVanBasten said:

Good. Nice, plain, and black. Hides blood stains when belting 234 colours of ****e out of fancy dans wearing stupid colours like .. well, anything that's not black.

As for Pukki, old injuries may trigger new ones, especially in the leg. Let him rest it out fully. Idah and Hugill are surely absolutely champing at the bit to get out there.

12 hours ago, Aggy said:

That's the spirit. I play wing-back nowadays in vets football as compared to the average O35 player I'm pretty fit and fast, but at open age I wasn't the quickest, so they put me at full back. I nearly bust one of our dugouts once with a particularly hefty slide tackle...

Well, the opposition winger nearly broke the dugout. I just sent him careering into the side panel.

• Haha 1