vlad666

Cantwell omitted from squad

22 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Phil Hay saying this morning the Todd to Leeds thing is nowhere near as likely as some outlets are reporting. Could it be we see him against Derby at the weekend?

I hope so. 

25 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I hope so. 

I do too, Thirsty. I’m definitely in the camp that would much rather Todd and Emi stay. I’ve been disappointed by the news that has been filtering out recently, but I’m sure their grubby agents are not helping matters whatsoever. Sounds like TC’s is almost begging Leeds to sign him. I do think Todd would end up the more unhappy of the two if he’s still here come the end of the window. He’s had to put up with a lot of abuse about petty things such as his hair style etc and coupled with his agents desire to make his next big bit of wonga, then I can see them forcing something through. With Emi, I think that’s not quite the case, but of course, it’s just my opinion and I could be incredibly wide of the mark. 

Cantwell was the pawn to unsettle Michael Cuisance at Bayern, who is desparate to go to Leeds. It seems to have worked. I would be surprised if he ends up there now tbh.

With 2 weeks left of the window we might see some 'come and get me' performances out of Todd but his career here is over - too much hate thrown his way, especially on here.

I just can't see Farke doing a U-turn anyway and it makes last week's action pretty pointless.

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Cantwell was the pawn to unsettle Michael Cuisance at Bayern, who is desparate to go to Leeds. It seems to have worked. I would be surprised if he ends up there now tbh.

With 2 weeks left of the window we might see some 'come and get me' performances out of Todd but his career here is over - too much hate thrown his way, especially on here.

I just can't see Farke doing a U-turn anyway and it makes last week's action pretty pointless.

Yep, I expect Todd has been on the end of some considerable abuse on his social media since Sunday in particular. I would imagine if he was ultimately ok staying prior to this, then he surely won’t be now. Shame when the trolls win and ruin it for the majority of City supporters that actually value his contributions for us on the pitch (where it matters). Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but for those that think hounding one of our best talents out of Carrow Rd is ok, then they can have no complaints if we miss out on promotion at the end of the season. Brutal reality is that their actions will have more than contributed to that. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Yep, I expect Todd has been on the end of some considerable abuse on his social media since Sunday in particular. I would imagine if he was ultimately ok staying prior to this, then he surely won’t be now. Shame when the trolls win and ruin it for the majority of City supporters that actually value his contributions for us on the pitch (where it matters). Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but for those that think hounding one of our best talents out of Carrow Rd is ok, then they can have no complaints if we miss out on promotion at the end of the season. Brutal reality is that their actions will have more than contributed to that. 

If he didn't want to be attacked on social media he shouldn't have behaved so badly that Farke was forced to drop him for Sunday's game. It hardly counts as trolling to criticise  a player who arguably cost us a draw or even perhaps a win on Sunday precisely because it was his fault he wasn't there on the pitch, contributing.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

If he didn't want to be attacked on social media he shouldn't have behaved so badly that Farke was forced to drop him for Sunday's game. It hardly counts as trolling to criticise  a player who arguably cost us a draw or even perhaps a win on Sunday precisely because it was his fault he wasn't there on the pitch, contributing.

Hear what you’re saying, Purple, and I don’t know the ins and outs of the situation, other than what Daniel has said, but the trolling of Todd has gone on for a long time when it most certainly wasn’t something any decent human being would do. All this nonsense about his latest hair styles etc. Why should that matter to anyone but him? Couldn’t give a flying dogs d1ck myself, he’s a young lad and he cares about his image, that is no different to 99% of most young people, though very few of those kids do not have financial reasons for building a commercial image. So I get his self promotion. And it doesn’t bother me in the slightest. If Sunday’s trolling was perhaps certainly more understandable, I should have made my point clearer that Todd has been on the receiving end of abuse far longer than before Sunday’s shenanigans. It is an odd way to treat one of our own, and says a lot about someone if they derive pleasure from it. And not in a good way.

Ahhh, the old 'dont attack me on social media' theme. 

Whilst trolling and the like is out of order, i do feel if you have a twitter / snapchat / Ticktok etc account and post things that youre happy to accept positive responses to, then im afraid you have to be open the negatives too. Thats life im afraid, you cannot just partake of the good stuff, then moan when something bad comes along. you have to deal with them both in equal measure. 

The sooner celebrities/  footballers get this the better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Ahhh, the old 'dont attack me on social media' theme. 

Whilst trolling and the like is out of order, i do feel if you have a twitter / snapchat / Ticktok etc account and post things that youre happy to accept positive responses to, then im afraid you have to be open the negatives too. Thats life im afraid, you cannot just partake of the good stuff, then moan when something bad comes along. you have to deal with them both in equal measure. 

The sooner celebrities/  footballers get this the better. 

But just because those people are out there, doesn’t make it acceptable. I’m not talking about constructive criticism, I’m talking about personal unpleasant stuff - there’s a big difference. I fail to see what makes it ok. No one should have to tolerate online abuse unless of course they are a hateful themselves. He’s a Norwich City player!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Hear what you’re saying, Purple, and I don’t know the ins and outs of the situation, other than what Daniel has said, but the trolling of Todd has gone on for a long time when it most certainly wasn’t something any decent human being would do. All this nonsense about his latest hair styles etc. Why should that matter to anyone but him? Couldn’t give a flying dogs d1ck myself, he’s a young lad and he cares about his image, that is no different to 99% of most young people, though very few of those kids do not have financial reasons for building a commercial image. So I get his self promotion. And it doesn’t bother me in the slightest. If Sunday’s trolling was perhaps certainly more understandable, I should have made my point clearer that Todd has been on the receiving end of abuse far longer than before Sunday’s shenanigans. It is an odd way to treat one of our own, and says a lot about someone if they derive pleasure from it. And not in a good way.

I take the point that the abuse predated Sunday but (speaking as someone who doesn't do the social media and finds it all a bit bizarre and often downright unhealthy!) he cannot really complain about the very recent stuff.

9 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

But just because those people are out there, doesn’t make it acceptable. I’m not talking about constructive criticism, I’m talking about personal unpleasant stuff - there’s a big difference. I fail to see what makes it ok. No one should have to tolerate online abuse unless of course they are a hateful themselves. He’s a Norwich City player!

Exactly see what you mean AM, ive not seen whats been said specifically as I dont have tick tock, or follow Todd on the socials I do have, and im not interested in his personal life / postings. All i want to see is every NCFC player be dedicated to our club put in 100% effort when we play. The rest is just noise.

Its totally not acceptable to post something that is a personal dig at them, totally agree, but with these accounts, they cannot be immune from negative comments. Sometimes people just need to toughen up. There is a pandemic on, and people are losing their jobs / homes / families / health /  lives etc, so Todd's (or anyone elses) latest haircut etc is irrelevant in the real world in my view.

Footballers are just a different bread, and nothing has shown that more that this pandemic (Bar Marcus Rashford)   

34 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Is there not a difference between criticism and abuse? Criticism is warranted, abuse is not - certainly not in this scenario anyway.

Take this forum as an example, Cantwell has been flat-out abused in several different ways; plenty of references to his hair, laziness and attitude problems.. Branston Pickle even called him Cuntwell? Buendia not so much at all. In fact I don't think I've seen a single post abusing him.

Both players behaving the same, yet different outcomes with the fans.

I'm sure Cantwell will be following social media and may even be aware how much worse the reaction has been to his behaviour than Buendia's. Not sure why he'd want to stay knowing this. It seems plenty of our fans have made their true feelings known.

11 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I take the point that the abuse predated Sunday but (speaking as someone who doesn't do the social media and finds it all a bit bizarre and often downright unhealthy!) he cannot really complain about the very recent stuff.

I guess that really is my point though ultimately, Purple - the long term abuse predating Sunday. I can understand some high emotions then, of course, and he set himself up for that, but I would imagine that‘s maybe where he may feel there’s no return as it’s not an isolated incident. 

10 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Is there not a difference between criticism and abuse? Criticism is warranted, abuse is not - certainly not in this scenario anyway.

Take this forum as an example, Cantwell has been flat-out abused in several different ways; plenty of references to his hair, laziness and attitude problems.. Branston Pickle even called him Cuntwell? Buendia not so much at all. In fact I don't think I've seen a single post abusing him.

I'm sure Cantwell will be following social media and may even be aware how much worse the reaction has been to his behaviour than Buendia's. Not sure why he'd want to stay knowing this. It seems plenty of our fans have made their true feelings known.

Out of likes since last night, but this is exactly it, Hank 👍

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Maybe its because in some (not all) people views Cantwell is full of his own self importance, and not quite as good as he thinks he is. 

Buendia is viewed as, of the two, the one we would less like to leave. So by deduction the better player (for our team) 

Obviously if other teams are bidding for our players they must be doing something right! football is a funny old game!  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Out of likes since last night, but this is exactly it, Hank 👍

I'll donate you one of my likes Alex! 

52 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

It is a pretty poor argument to blame either player for us losing. 

No way did they force Farke to drop them. Who knows, they may have put in a star performance because of the circumstances. 

But people have jumped to conclusions, there's no excuse for trolling, unfortunately Farke has encouraged this by contorting facts to belittle Todd's contribution for the last season. 

1 minute ago, curious yellow said:

It is a pretty poor argument to blame either player for us losing. 

No way did they force Farke to drop them. Who knows, they may have put in a star performance because of the circumstances. 

But people have jumped to conclusions, there's no excuse for trolling, unfortunately Farke has encouraged this by contorting facts to belittle Todd's contribution for the last season. 

I was somewhat confused with Farkes statement of 'no goals for XX games, and no assists' stretching back a while. I did ask myself, why did he keep picking him then?!

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

I'll donate you one of my likes Alex! 

Ha ha cheers Greavsy - I’m not sure why there is a limitation on ‘likes’ available, but there’s been many posts today, including some of yours, that would have certainly gained one 👍

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Abuse is part and parcel of being a professional footballer and I'm sure most people know that.  If he goes to Leeds and does not perform to the level their very critical support demands then I'm afraid he has to expect it, especially if for a high fee.

I know a few Leeds fans personally and they are certainly not slow to criticise or abuse one of their own.

My advice would be to stay off Twatter.

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Ha ha cheers Greavsy - I’m not sure why there is a limitation on ‘likes’ available, but there’s been many posts today, including some of yours, that would have certainly gained one 👍

All the kinder from Greavsy because personally he actually hated the comment.

Yet - no more than we’d expect from a sporting gentleman of his calibre!

1 minute ago, paul moy said:

Abuse is part and parcel of being a professional footballer and I'm sure most people know that.  If he goes to Leeds and does not perform to the level their very critical support demands then I'm afraid he has to expect it, especially if for a high fee.

I know a few Leeds fans personally and they are certainly not slow to criticise or abuse one of their own.

My advice would be to stay off Twatter.

Totally agree. 

Would he get in our team if he wasn't from the academy? don't get me wrong, im not saying he doesnt have some ability, as obviously he has played at the top level. However he doesnt have the 'We paid  £xx Million for him, and hes no better than .......' argument. But by that token if we sell him, its all clear profit.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

All the kinder from Greavsy because personally he actually hated the comment.

Yet - no more than we’d expect from a sporting gentleman of his calibre!

I think ive missed something here! (apologies) 

19 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Totally agree. 

Would he get in our team if he wasn't from the academy? don't get me wrong, im not saying he doesnt have some ability, as obviously he has played at the top level. However he doesnt have the 'We paid  £xx Million for him, and hes no better than .......' argument. But by that token if we sell him, its all clear profit.   

It's generally harder for an academy player to get into a team ahead of someone that's been purchased, that's been clear throughout the years and most people in football will tell you that.

He was also our second top goalscorer last season in the Premier League despite it being his first season at that level and at a young age.

Your post kind of demonstrates that there's still a section of NCFC fans who don't appreciate some really technically gifted footballers.

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It's generally harder for an academy player to get into a team ahead of someone that's been purchased, that's been clear throughout the years and most people in football will tell you that.

He was also our second top goalscorer last season in the Premier League despite it being his first season at that level and at a young age.

Your post kind of demonstrates that there's still a section of NCFC fans who don't appreciate some really technically gifted footballers.

Havent done a survey so cannot comment on your first post. However I do believe that all players who are good enough will / should get an opportunity to start. Maybe a signed player is brought in 'ready made' for a role / position so they slot in easier. That said some players are purchased for potential that doesn't materialise,  (Raggett) or we just progress down a different path (getting promotion quicker than expected and they get left behind). Other players (Madison) progress quicker and outgrow the club with their ability. i guess its all about a place and a time, for all. 

Second top scorers in a lowly scoring team doesn't count for much though, in the bigger picture! 

If he was as technically gifted, he would have the ability to have provided more assists / goals than Farke's comments mentioned surely? 

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I appreciated the gifted Chris Martin when he first appeared from the academy around 2006 but imo he was let down by his attitude and did not achieve his full potential for that reason. Let's hope that Todd does not go the same way but in my view the warning signs are there. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, paul moy said:

I appreciated the gifted Chris Martin when he first appeared from the academy around 2006 but imo he was let down by his attitude and did not achieve his full potential for that reason. Let's hope that Todd does not go the same way but in my view the warning signs are there. 

Exactly this. 

2 minutes ago, paul moy said:

No you didn't you banged on about how he should have been dropped for Cody McDonald contantly!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

No you didn't you banged on about how he should have been dropped for Cody McDonald contantly!

In later days I did but in his early days I would sing his praises regularly in front of my workmates as I really saw some potential in him. Unfortunately we then had the notorious court case and also the scenario of him only seemingly performing on the top of his game prior to gaining a nice new contract in League One.......... 

Edited by paul moy

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Just hang on there a minute - that was not me, I cant be bothered to go into the why’s and wherefore’s but corrected the post when I saw it. But the rest of it was more than fair.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Todd has really lost the plot this week. 
The photo I have just seen in training he has got Onel carrying him round on his back today. 🤣