vlad666

Cantwell omitted from squad

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Just hang on there a minute - that was not me, I cant be bothered to go into the why’s and wherefore’s but corrected the post when I saw it. But the rest of it was more than fair.

With respect Branston, it’s not like the ‘A’ and ‘U’ are side by side on the keyboard so how on earth did you manage to misspell Cantwell? 

6 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

With respect Branston, it’s not like the ‘A’ and ‘U’ are side by side on the keyboard so how on earth did you manage to misspell Cantwell? 

Freudian slip?

I didn’t.  Someone was peeing about when I toddled off for a drink midway through writing and thought it would be funny, I didn’t notice until later.

Though in all honesty, Cantwell was being a bit of one if he did indeed down tools....

Edited by Branston Pickle

The reality is that no one knows how Todd and Emi have behaved in Colney over the past week or so. You can bet that Farke wouldn't have dropped either of them from the squad vs a rival - or call them out in front of the media (which he shouldn't have done, IMO) - if he didn't have a good reason.

Cantwell has two options: either be patient, be professional, work your socks off and prove that you deserve to play at a bigger club, or get your agent to actively look to get you a new club.

I would suggest that, if you have to do the latter, you probably weren't consistent enough last season to convince other clubs that you're all you're hyped up to be, otherwise they would be knocking down the door already. 

Whilst he remains at NCFC, my advice would be to learn from Drmic's mistakes and cut out anything that may look like you're not taking football - and the club - 100% seriously. People are, of course, wrong to abuse him - the reality is that he's dedicated his life to be a footballer - but don't give people the opportunity to criticise you, or gain a false impression of your attitude/personality. This is where I feel he has shown his inexperience a few times over the past 2 years - and a reason why he is attracting more criticism than Emi. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I didn’t.  Someone was peeing about when I toddled off for a drink midway through writing and thought it would be funny, I didn’t notice until later.

Though in all honesty, Cantwell was being a bit of one if he did indeed down tools....

To be honest I was a bit surprised when I first saw that as it's not your style at all. Glad you've cleared that up.

No doubt the offender thought it was funny so I hope he/she was suitably chastised.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

"Cantwell has two options: either be patient, be professional, work your socks off and prove that you deserve to play at a bigger club, or get your agent to actively look to get you a new club."

He could always get to a nunnery.

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

"Cantwell has two options: either be patient, be professional, work your socks off and prove that you deserve to play at a bigger club, or get your agent to actively look to get you a new club."

He could always get to a nunnery.

With that Alice band a monastery would be out of the question methinks

Sky Sports now saying deal for Cuisance has fallen through as he's failed a medical. Wonder if that will increase their efforts to land Cantwell then? 

13 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Sky Sports now saying deal for Cuisance has fallen through as he's failed a medical. Wonder if that will increase their efforts to land Cantwell then? 

Means they have more money to come back with a better offer 👍🏼

18 hours ago, Greavsy said:

I think ive missed something here! (apologies) 

Not at all, I humbly apologise. Assumed you were legendary Spurs striker James Peter Greaves. In hindsight, I accept this was an error and regret the confusion caused.
Carry on ‘on the ball, City’

Just a thought, but could it be that given that the international window closes on Monday, are we looking to complete the Todd to Leeds deal much sooner rather than later? Because although we still have another couple of weeks where that deal can remain a possibility, I wonder if we’d look to get it done quickly given there’s a good chance we *may* be wishing to recruit a replacement from the international market, and thus would need to complete that deal within the next 4 days?

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Just a thought, but could it be that given that the international window closes on Monday, are we looking to complete the Todd to Leeds deal much sooner rather than later? Because although we still have another couple of weeks where that deal can remain a possibility, I wonder if we’d look to get it done quickly given there’s a good chance we *may* be wishing to recruit a replacement from the international market, and thus would need to complete that deal within the next 4 days?

Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞

I see Todd has been dropped from the England u21 squad, so is getting used to it.  Hopefully he’ll knuckle down and get back to playing well for us on the pitch, though still feels likely to go.

18 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞

If it gets pushed through today then that may be a sign, we shall see. 

Today’s press conference should be very interesting indeed.