A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

Both sides playing the strong, fearless warrior shtick entirely for domestic audiences. All a bit pathetic really. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gosh, watching Question Time, all because of the Euros, the officials coming in, and the G7 people are suddenly turning. Only 1 person backed the decision in the audience, I was quite taken aback.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jun/25/matt-hancock-gina-coladangelo-grant-shapps-health-job

When you're minister for health and you stick your mistress on the payroll,  you have negated any "right" you might claim that your relationship is a private matter.  

Just seen a leaked copy of the first page of the government's general application form for jobs and contracts:

APPLICATION FORM

1. Have you ever made a financial donation to the Conservative Party of more than £10,000? Yes/No

2. Are you a personal friend of a cabinet minister? Yes/No

3. Have you ever engaged in a sexual relationship with a cabinet minister, or would you be willing to do so? Yes/No

If you have answered no to all the above please tear up this form and recycle it responsibly.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, horsefly said:

When you're minister for health and you stick your mistress on the payroll,  you have negated any "right" you might claim that your relationship is a private matter. 

Having seen the picture it appears he was just giving her a very thorough lateral flow test. 🤭🤣

Apples 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Having seen the picture it appears he was just giving her a very thorough lateral flow test. 🤭🤣

Apples 

Johnson has just signed up as a volunteer to conduct lateral flow tests now he understands how Hancock intends them to be administered

• Haha 2

Perhaps this is another form of eye test?

Boris takes one every time he speaks. "I I I I I will hand that question to someone else".

Now Hancock is using the old close your eye test and fantasise.

Edited by keelansgrandad

5 hours ago, horsefly said:

Johnson has just signed up as a volunteer to conduct lateral flow tests now he understands how Hancock intends them to be administered

I saw a quote somewhere saying he was ‘ trying to get to the bottom of it ‘.

Haha!!! But on a serious note this event demonstrates exactly why it is so damaging having someone as PM with the record for lies, corruption, and cheating that Johnson has. How an earth can he suitably discipline Hancock for behaviour that he himself has committed on numerous occasions? The man spent numerous "working afternoons" testing the sofa in Jennifer Arcuri's flat having chucked tens of thousands of taxpayer's money at her for the privilege. This is the sleaziest government in living memory.

A spokesman added that the prime minister had full confidence in the health secretary.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well Boris, he has you painted into a corner. You gave all your incompetent supporters ministerial jobs because you hoped it would make you look better. Bad luck on that count then.

14 minutes ago, Herman said:

New photos emerge of Hancock's dubious recruitment process.

0Sba9R64?format=jpg&name=900x900

Only another 58% of the population to hypnotise PM. Do you still think I'm Useless.

Didn't think I would ever post a JHB tweet but this is of interest. Quite incredible.

Just how convoluted does all this get?

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Didn't think I would ever post a JHB tweet but this is of interest. Quite incredible.

Just how convoluted does all this get?

I would have been astounded if there hadn't been corruption and sleaze attached.

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I would have been astounded if there hadn't been corruption and sleaze attached.

I just shake my head KG. I haven't known anything that hasn't appeared so sleazy in our politics for a long long time. I know not all politicians too are in it for their values. This feels a desperately tawdry phase in British political life.

It will unwind in time I think but the standards of public office appear seriously broken atm.

• Like 1

This lot really are the gift that keeps on giving... if incompetence, lies, corruption and sleaze are your thing.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I just shake my head KG. I haven't known anything that hasn't appeared so sleazy in our politics for a long long time. I know not all politicians too are in it for their values. This feels a desperately tawdry phase in British political life.

It will unwind in time I think but the standards of public office appear seriously broken atm.

Agreed sonyc! There have always been one or two corrupt individuals in any government of the past, but they at least used to know that if they were caught with their hand in the till, or on someone else's body, they should resign and show remorse for their sins. Never have I witnessed a government where corrupt and unethical behaviour is so widespread and commonplace that it is considered an irrelevance. It is simply astounding that the PM and his colleagues can claim that Hancock has nothing to answer for. I can think of at least two offences for which he should resign immediately or be sacked:

1. Hancock breached the lockdown rules regarding social distancing. Rules he demanded, day after day, that the rest of us must observe. Thousands of families endured the horror of loved ones dying alone because they observed these rules, the very ones he flouted to satisfy his sordid desires.

2. He gave a government job to the woman with whom he was having an affair. I have no doubt this relationship was not declared to any relevant body.

We could, of course, also add many other charges to the list such as the many instances of him giving NHS contracts to his chums, and the blatant lies about PPE supplies, and now we find the brother of his fluesy has benefitted from NHS contracts too.  

I suppose the dreadful state of corruption in this government is inevitable when you realise the person leading it has committed just about every offence perpetrated by his colleagues and then some. 

• Like 4

Sleaze, corruption, incompetence, nepotism and half-baked jingoism are all hallmarks of this government. They've also got some major weaknesses. 😉 

Seriously, if this doesn't make it clear that it is the end-game of a useless, barely democratic electoral model where two monoliths squeeze out everything else, and you end up with media reporting that is basically a pair of presidential personality cults (nearly mistyped that), I'm not sure what does.

The whole model needs blowing up and reforming from the base upwards.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Sleaze, corruption, incompetence, nepotism and half-baked jingoism are all hallmarks of this government. They've also got some major weaknesses. 😉 

Seriously, if this doesn't make it clear that it is the end-game of a useless, barely democratic electoral model where two monoliths squeeze out everything else, and you end up with media reporting that is basically a pair of presidential personality cults (nearly mistyped that), I'm not sure what does.

The whole model needs blowing up and reforming from the base upwards.

Trouble is Billy and Barbara Brexit think Boris is wonderful because they have their sovereignty back. 

And he has rolled out the vaccine despite not preventing thousands of unnecessary deaths because we got the vaccine quicker than the EU. Isn't he wonderful?

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Trouble is Billy and Barbara Brexit think Boris is wonderful because they have their sovereignty back. 

And he has rolled out the vaccine despite not preventing thousands of unnecessary deaths because we got the vaccine quicker than the EU. Isn't he wonderful?

Wow, he may just be a relatively smart kid in the special needs class re. Covid. Whoop-dee-doo. Not to mention the NHS was the main agent behind rolling out the vaccine so whilst I agree the vaccine roll out was a relative strength, it's more due to the government NOT meddling so not sure BJ can get that much credit for it.

Edited by TheGunnShow

A very fair point slathered in irony. Hoisted by your own petard Hatt Mancock.😀

• Like 1

Duncan Baker has become the first Tory MP to openly tell the government he should resign, while former secretary of state Esther McVey said she would have quit in Mr Hancock's position.

I always thought MI5/6 where on top of this sort thing to stop ministers being compromised !

I suppose they gave up with Johnson and his acolytes as hopeless.