A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

Extremely worthwhile discussion of O'Brien's book, How They Broke Britain. 

• Thanks 1

On 31/12/2023 at 17:43, horsefly said:

I'm pretty sure the money was just resting in her account.

• Haha 2

Shame on all you nasty people who doubted Rishi's man of the people credentials, he stayed up late to watch the darts and correctly recognised that both the finalists were called Luke.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Youth centre?

That's definitely young gammon though.

Posted (edited)

It sounds like the election is going to be in the second half of the year, I would guess it will be called immediately after the Conservative Party conference. I assume Sunak isn't going for a spring election because he hopes for an improvement in the economy and perhaps a drop in interest rates. He may also be planning a tax reduction in April. 

This may of course all backfire in a spectacular way. I don't know when the Procurement section of the Covid Inquiry will be held but that could prove to be his downfall in leaving it to the second half of the year. I'm not convinced that blaming all that on Johnson will work. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Lets face it the Conservatives are teetering at the same brink as Labour is. the 3main parties all ballsed it up whether its NS2, copycat policies from Starmer, or the Ed Davey post office tragedy now playing on our screens. Why should the PO have the right to decide its own jurisdiction when they are clearly seen to have served not their customers, when they have criminalized and mismanaged their staff, so Ed Davey and others within all three parties will have to answer to this monumental failure.

Sunak has MP's resigning due to the facts of his actions, he's more interested to exploit pristine waters, namely Rosebank, for gas and oil which his wife's company will benefit from. His policies are diametrically opposed to what needs to be done.

Alba will represent thos in Scotland who want to see Independence, the SNP has been leading Scottish voters up the Garden path for good 10 years.

When the next unfair and no doubt disproportional GE eventually happens, wasting another 300+ million on an antiquated FPTP, cheating will be attempted, they all have form for it, bar one party that is not following the aims and objectives of the grey parties.

I will welcome some serious questions that need asking with regard to the money pits and war mongering that is currently hurting western economies, questions will be asked as the genocide Convention has been enacted by South Africa, and our party leaders can't much longer carry on shutting out debate on the economic drain this causes and the hurt it creates in the world.

The duality of international law is laid open in front of us, we decry Russias use of North Korean and Iranian weapons, whilst we are bys supplying Patriot missles and F16's to Ukraine, without the blinking of eyelids.

I have only one hope that voters reject the three party system and vote for a sustainable less damaging and more positive future for their children, even if they call it a protest vote. And I don't mean the small right wing opportunists holding pints and arguing their two sentence policies on TV, who are given valuable space to trod out negativity.

There is only The Green party of England and Wales that has ideas, caring for solutions that matter to anyone who has children and who are forthcoming with factual truth, meaning what they say and carrying it out as best as they can.

I for one will offer them my help in the forthcoming year, if there is hope, it is with those who think ahead.

5 hours ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

Lets face it the Conservatives are teetering at the same brink as Labour is. the 3main parties all ballsed it up whether its NS2, copycat policies from Starmer, or the Ed Davey post office tragedy now playing on our screens. Why should the PO have the right to decide its own jurisdiction when they are clearly seen to have served not their customers, when they have criminalized and mismanaged their staff, so Ed Davey and others within all three parties will have to answer to this monumental failure.

Sunak has MP's resigning due to the facts of his actions, he's more interested to exploit pristine waters, namely Rosebank, for gas and oil which his wife's company will benefit from. His policies are diametrically opposed to what needs to be done.

Alba will represent thos in Scotland who want to see Independence, the SNP has been leading Scottish voters up the Garden path for good 10 years.

When the next unfair and no doubt disproportional GE eventually happens, wasting another 300+ million on an antiquated FPTP, cheating will be attempted, they all have form for it, bar one party that is not following the aims and objectives of the grey parties.

I will welcome some serious questions that need asking with regard to the money pits and war mongering that is currently hurting western economies, questions will be asked as the genocide Convention has been enacted by South Africa, and our party leaders can't much longer carry on shutting out debate on the economic drain this causes and the hurt it creates in the world.

The duality of international law is laid open in front of us, we decry Russias use of North Korean and Iranian weapons, whilst we are bys supplying Patriot missles and F16's to Ukraine, without the blinking of eyelids.

I have only one hope that voters reject the three party system and vote for a sustainable less damaging and more positive future for their children, even if they call it a protest vote. And I don't mean the small right wing opportunists holding pints and arguing their two sentence policies on TV, who are given valuable space to trod out negativity.

There is only The Green party of England and Wales that has ideas, caring for solutions that matter to anyone who has children and who are forthcoming with factual truth, meaning what they say and carrying it out as best as they can.

I for one will offer them my help in the forthcoming year, if there is hope, it is with those who think ahead.

I couldn’t vote for the Greens. I’ve always found them to be a bunch of middle class NIMBYs, full of overstated problems and unrealistic solutions. My politics personally are much more aligned with the SDP, unfortunately I think they’re far too small to make a dent anywhere they’re standing 

3 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

I couldn’t vote for the Greens. I’ve always found them to be a bunch of middle class NIMBYs, full of overstated problems and unrealistic solutions. My politics personally are much more aligned with the SDP, unfortunately I think they’re far too small to make a dent anywhere they’re standing 

When a policeman raped/murdered that poor woman in London, the Green Party leader said that all men were rapists and should be tagged and kept indoors after 6.00pm. I'll never vote for them either. 

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

This is the sort of place your hard earned money goes in tax

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67905092

Bit tongue i cheek but in similar comical vein you might like this - All that tax 'hic' payer money...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/jan/07/where-did-all-the-governments-wine-go-expect-another-vintage-tory-evasion

On 07/01/2024 at 07:08, dylanisabaddog said:

When a policeman raped/murdered that poor woman in London, the Green Party leader said that all men were rapists and should be tagged and kept indoors after 6.00pm. I'll never vote for them either. 

and were did you read that tabloid clap trap, it is not true.

On 07/01/2024 at 16:32, Herman said:

Who better to replace Bone....

On 07/01/2024 at 16:32, Herman said:

Who better to replace Bone....

The conservatives in Dover pulled the same stunt. Replaced the "naughty tory" sex offender & opponent of Universal credit, Charlie Elphicke, who now claims Universal credit as nobody wants to employ him, with his wife, Natalie 

The Tiverton & Honiton conservatives are understood to be considering standing someone called  "John Deere" at the next general election 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

The conservatives in Dover pulled the same stunt. Replaced the "naughty tory" sex offender & opponent of Universal credit, Charlie Elphicke, who now claims Universal credit as nobody wants to employ him, with his wife, Natalie 

The Tiverton & Honiton conservatives are understood to be considering standing someone called  "John Deere" at the next general election 

😄

Massey and Ferguson are second and third on the potentials list.

• Haha 2

On 06/01/2024 at 21:55, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

Reform party will get more votes than the Greens

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Will they do a deal with the devil again?

14 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Maybe, but the Green party will win more seats than the Reform party, as will the Lib Dems, SNP, Plaid and possibly even Alba.

That's FPTP for you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Maybe, but the Green party will win more seats than the Reform party, as will the Lib Dems, SNP, Plaid and possibly even Alba.

That's FPTP for you.

Agree with this. Reform may eat into a part of the Tory vote of course.(the Brexity percentage). 

Despite all that's happened in the last 13 / 14 years there will always be a core of Tory voters won't there? Those that just don't see anything wrong, indeed think that, all in all, they've managed well. Die hards. 

Everything you read just seems to point to a solid Labour win (with Starmer doing his best to look like a 'conservative' version of his party to not put off any centre ground Tory voters, who have completely given up on their party). 

Anyway, this cartoon gave me a laugh.

IMG_20240113_183958.jpg

• Haha 2