A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Well, England would be overrated at both.

Who rates us highly at politics? I think the majority of people think we're a laughing stock.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Who rates us highly at politics? I think the majority of people think we're a laughing stock.

That would probably still be overestimating us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Rats already left the sinking ship.....

Oh yes, Boris did some great things. We love him. The only man to get us out of this mess.

Now, just in case I said some nice things about him, I will abstain. I'm a gutless Tory and I haven't a clue. In fact I will disrespect my four Tory colleagues on the Committee and not back their findings.

5 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

F*** off Mogg.

"Ah but you put a comma in the wrong place in the report and that is far more dangerous than anything the ex PM is alleged to have done"

16 minutes ago, Barry Brockes said:

So the Privileges Committee report is approved in the Commons by 354 votes to 7. Fairly decisive then.

The not-so secret seven.

It is rumoured some videos starring Johnson himself at both number 10 and Chequers are about to be released to the public and the police. They are apparently at events he said he knew nothing about. 
The biggest stories are in my opinion being saved by Dominic until the time when campaigning officially begins for the next election.

8 hours ago, Well b back said:

It is rumoured some videos starring Johnson himself at both number 10 and Chequers are about to be released to the public and the police. They are apparently at events he said he knew nothing about. 
The biggest stories are in my opinion being saved by Dominic until the time when campaigning officially begins for the next election.

If there is a smoking gun out there Johnson will be finished. But I suspect he's finished anyway. 

I'm not sure if DC was interviewed by the police but if he has held back evidence he may be in a bit of bother himself. 

As a voter who, before Brexit, was pretty much on the pro-European, liberal flank of the Tories, but moved away from then when Johnson got in (and the purge he did within the party after he got in) watching the reason why I won't be voting Tory this election get eviscerated so much is absolutely f**king hilarious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

As a voter who, before Brexit, was pretty much on the pro-European, liberal flank of the Tories, but moved away from then when Johnson got in (and the purge he did within the party after he got in) watching the reason why I won't be voting Tory this election get eviscerated so much is absolutely f**king hilarious.

There is a lot of common ground between those on the centre-left and centre-right who just want rational grown up thought through policies and not populist ideology. There is now so much to put right, especially the inter-generational issues that loom large and which seem to me anyway to be at the root of so many of our problems. Too expensive for the young to rent or even buy (let alone the mortgage time-bomb). Too much unearned wealth in the hands of the old and not enough renewal. I'm all right 'Jack'.

• Like 1

Kowtow Rees Mogg is finished. I think the ERG would have been given a real slap in the face yesterday and I really hope the pathetic factions within the Tory Parliamentary can shut the fcuk up from now on. Consider your own future with a GE in the next 18 months or so.

13 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

On the Johnson Tory obfuscations...

Campbell is 100% on the money here!

There will still be people supporting this attitude. Oh he didn't do anything we wouldn't have done. It was only a gathering and he drank water.

He lied to everyone. He has always lied but as Foreign Secretary he did in a prominent position and got away with it. So he continued at the highest level. And then lied to his peers in their own chamber.

Why can't people see that? Its not left wing bias on my behalf. I was glad when Vaz got his comeuppance. I don't care what your politics are or morals. But you, as an MP or higher office, are not there to sit on your arris and let the CS carry out Government.

I wonder how many would turn up for an amendment to the Fox Hunting ban?

• Like 1

Let me be radical.

The tide of increasing interest rates is to make borrowing money expensive, to depress the economy. At it's simplest it is to take money out of the economy.

Trouble is, it bears down very much on the young with mortgages and then by extension those renting plus of course businesses that wish to invest. It is targeted or skewed largely to those that don't have money away from those that do!

I note today elsewhere that over 50's cruises are up significantly. No cost of living crisis there! 

So let's spread the load differently! Take the money out of the economy by treating all income (earned and unearned) for the same tax - merge or get rid of NI into PAYE. Make state pensions means-tested! Proper right wing policies!

Not popular I know with those that 'have' but far fairer and it would place less of the heavy lifting on those that can ill afford it.

After-all, something has got to give. Any other radical ideas ?

24 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Let me be radical.

The tide of increasing interest rates is to make borrowing money expensive, to depress the economy. At it's simplest it is to take money out of the economy.

Trouble is, it bears down very much on the young with mortgages and then by extension those renting plus of course businesses that wish to invest. It is targeted or skewed largely to those that don't have money away from those that do!

I note today elsewhere that over 50's cruises are up significantly. No cost of living crisis there! 

So let's spread the load differently! Take the money out of the economy by treating all income (earned and unearned) for the same tax - merge or get rid of NI into PAYE. Make state pensions means-tested! Proper right wing policies!

Not popular I know with those that 'have' but far fairer and it would place less of the heavy lifting on those that can ill afford it.

After-all, something has got to give. Any other radical ideas ?

If I recall correctly you have a swimming pool full of dollar bills from your exports. You could just give me some.

The exchange rate effect of you selling all of your dollars for pounds will massively lower our foreign debt load and I will promise not to spent any of it until inflation is under control. Sorted.

1 hour ago, Barbe bleu said:

If I recall correctly you have a swimming pool full of dollar bills from your exports. You could just give me some.

The exchange rate effect of you selling all of your dollars for pounds will massively lower our foreign debt load and I will promise not to spent any of it until inflation is under control. Sorted.

My dividends with the old 'tax credit' used to be almost tax free (I would argue I earned it as was my company that paid corporation tax instead - oddly just advising my daughter on something similar). Many others on here I am sure will recall the same. Yes, it's not fair! But neither is it fair that those that have 'unearned' income get away with paying less tax than those that earn it in the normal way! 

We shouldn't rely on ever more blunt interest rates to do all the heavy lifting alone - some 'fiscal' policy as well!

Edited by Yellow Fever

14 hours ago, dj11 said:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1670760179812450308.html
A summing up of Johnson. When it is documented in this fashion, I am astounded that people stand by him. Hope it’s not been posted before. 

And still people voted for him in massive numbers.   That's just how out of touch the opposition became from key voters. That's what starmer must prevent happening again.

One thing stood out for me:

He's the most likely source of the 2015 "Cameron ****ed A Pig" rumour (which came from a "distinguished Oxford contemporary" of Cameron's, of whom only 3 people fit). It's almost certainly a complete fabrication

I can't help feeling  a bit disappointed that the story isn't true. Its quite the image

19 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Just when you thought this lot couldn't possibly stoop any lower. Bsatards. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-65964989

Completely sgree, although we seem to have been at the point where we 'thought this lot couldn't possibly stoop any lower' quite a few times before and yet they still somehow manage...............

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Just when you thought this lot couldn't possibly stoop any lower. Bsatards. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-65964989

Fairly useless article really.  It focuses on the political games being played rather than the substance of the issue.

The government statement says that the bill as a whole is being scrapped but the individual elements will be taken forward.  What i want to know is what are the taking forward and what have they dropped, and why?  All I can find is some suggestion off hunting being relevant written in the nut job sort of publication. 

2 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Fairly useless article really.  It focuses on the political games being played rather than the substance of the issue.

The government statement says that the bill as a whole is being scrapped but the individual elements will be taken forward.  What i want to know is what are the taking forward and what have they dropped, and why?  All I can find is some suggestion off hunting being relevant written in the nut job sort of publication. 

Completely unnecessary and unwarranted dig at the BBC when it is the government statement which is the useless article - in fact worse than useless, it is just the usual smoke and mirrors in a pretty pathetic attempt to hide the fact that as always they are failing to deliver what they promised - so no real surprise there, other than that this particular bill is one that you might have naively assumed that even this inept and untrustworthy government could actually have delivered quite easily.

But as @dylanisabaddog has already pointed out, even when you think they can't get any worse this shower of sh*t prove you wrong.....

12 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Completely unnecessary and unwarranted dig at the BBC when it is the government statement which is the useless article - in fact worse than useless, it is just the usual smoke and mirrors in a pretty pathetic attempt to hide the fact that as always they are failing to deliver what they promised - so no real surprise there, other than that this particular bill is one that you might have naively assumed that even this inept and untrustworthy government could actually have delivered quite easily.

But as @dylanisabaddog has already pointed out, even when you think they can't get any worse this shower of sh*t prove you wrong.....

Mate, the tories could cure cancer and you'd still object to them.

I said the article was useless as it told me nothing. I didnt say the journalist was useless, but as it happens I think it would have been good for them to go out and do a bit of digging as to what cuaed this to be pulled and what was being drafted in its place.

And to be fair, it would have been equally good for the government to put its cards on the table and say "the bit about x has proved more controversial/complicated than expected. We are going to press ahead with the rest while we have think about it".   Our system and the 'gotcha' reporting of it doesn't really allow for any party to make such admissions and thats a shame.

38 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Mate, the tories could cure cancer and you'd still object to them.

I said the article was useless as it told me nothing. I didnt say the journalist was useless, but as it happens I think it would have been good for them to go out and do a bit of digging as to what cuaed this to be pulled and what was being drafted in its place.

And to be fair, it would have been equally good for the government to put its cards on the table and say "the bit about x has proved more controversial/complicated than expected. We are going to press ahead with the rest while we have think about it".   Our system and the 'gotcha' reporting of it doesn't really allow for any party to make such admissions and thats a shame.

I'm told by a Labour MP that the issue is fox hunting. That is confirmed by the Hunt Sabbateurs Association but that can't be confirmed because the people that blocked it aren't saying. 

The Conservative Party have never grasped the fact that 83% of the population is completely against hunting. Or perhaps they do understand but they are afraid of the effect on donations.