A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

I can't understand it, it's not as though he's got much else to worry about.🤔

17 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I don't think Johnson worries about anybody or anything and certainly not facts or the truth - that's the problem.

To quote Dicken's Micawber "Something will turn up". I wonder in that vane if the Covid inquiry being announced is to distract us 😉

39 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Well Princess Nut Nut is running the country so you are right.

On 21/04/2021 at 07:46, horsefly said:

Why am I not in the least surprised:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9494273/Boris-Johnson-sent-texts-Sir-James-Dyson-saying-fix-tax-issue-staff.html

Boris Johnson 'sent texts to Sir James Dyson saying he would "fix" tax issue for billionaire inventor's staff if they came to the UK to make ventilators during Covid pandemic'

• Billionaire tycoon Sir James Dyson wrote an official letter to the Treasury 
  • Asked for tax status of staff to remain same if they moved to UK from Singapore 
  • But in a private text, Boris Johnson told Sir James that he 'will fix it' himself
  • The Prime Minister then added 'Rishi [Sunak] says it is fixed!! We need you here'
  • Two weeks later, Rishi Sunak told MPs that those coming into UK to offer help during the pandemic would not see a change in their tax status
  • It is the latest in a string of lobbying questions facing the Conservative Party

Under the ministerial code - a list of rules laying out the conduct expected by ministers - 'a private secretary or official should be present for all discussions relating to government business'.

Should a conversation happen without an official, 'any significant content should be passed back to the department as soon as possible after the event'.

It also states that ministers should 'act and take decisions in an open and transparent manner' and 'must act and take decisions impartially, fairly and on merit, using the best evidence and without discrimination or bias'.

The BBC press office has apologised for smearing James Dyson as a Tory who sleazily lobbied for tax advantages -- Perhaps you and your Lefty cohorts here at the Pink'Un should also apologise:

We accept that Sir James Dyson is not a prominent Conservative supporter as was stated in some of our coverage of his text messages with the Prime Minister. The James Dyson Foundation made a charitable gift to support the Wiltshire Engineering Festival for school children. We accept that this does not signal affiliation to any political party and we would like to put the record straight. Sir James also raised concerns about the accuracy of other aspects of our reporting. We wish to make clear that Sir James contacted Number 10 in response to the Prime Minister’s direct request to him for assistance in relation to the urgent need for ventilators and incurred costs of £20 million which his company voluntarily absorbed in trying to assist in the national emergency. His text messages to the Prime Minister were also later sent to officials. We are sorry that these facts were not always reflected in our coverage, and we apologise for not doing so.

In response, Sir James Dyson said  

“The BBC now acknowledges that it was wrong and has issued an apology – which I accept. To justify its claim that I am a “prominent Conservative supporter” the BBC shamefully twisted our charitable gift to school children to suit their political narrative. The Prime Minister asked Dyson to help at a time of crisis, in the national interest, and we did just that. We dropped everything and focused on the national effort. Far from any gain, the project cost us £20 million – a sum we voluntarily bore. I am proud of the efforts of every Dyson person who contributed and we would do precisely the same again. It was deeply disappointing, for me and for the hundreds of Dyson people who gave it their all, to have our efforts developing an emergency ventilator mischaracterised and used for political mudslinging.”

• Like 1

The Dyson thing was always a nonsense but it triggered a few on here who never bothered to actually read the facts. 

• Like 2

Yes, I apologise for calling James Dyson a tax dodging parasite. I should have used the proper legal term, tax avoiding, not dodging.

Edited by Herman
  • Haha 1

Why is it always a non issue when its Tory sleaze?

Dysons moulding machines are in Redruth after he packed up and moved away to create so many new jobs in the Far East.

57 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Why is it always a non issue when its Tory sleaze?

Dysons moulding machines are in Redruth after he packed up and moved away to create so many new jobs in the Far East.

Because it was, a non issue.

I am sure there were genuine examples but Dyson wasn't  one of them.

20 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Because it was, a non issue.

I am sure there were genuine examples but Dyson wasn't  one of them.

But if you foul enough times in football you get booked. And after 5 bookings, you get a suspension.

Dyson has got a false persona. Some of the Dyson lads came down to Redruth to continue working on the moulding machines and didn't have a good word for him.

Edited by keelansgrandad

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

But if you foul enough times in football you get booked. And after 5 bookings, you get a suspension.

Dyson has got a false persona. Some of the Dyson lads came down to Redruth to continue working on the moulding machines and didn't have a good word for him.

The BBC apology couldn't  be more grovelling. I guess they really wanted the story to be true. Who would have guessed.

13 hours ago, Jools said:

The BBC press office has apologised for smearing James Dyson as a Tory who sleazily lobbied for tax advantages -- Perhaps you and your Lefty cohorts here at the Pink'Un should also apologise:

We accept that Sir James Dyson is not a prominent Conservative supporter as was stated in some of our coverage of his text messages with the Prime Minister. The James Dyson Foundation made a charitable gift to support the Wiltshire Engineering Festival for school children. We accept that this does not signal affiliation to any political party and we would like to put the record straight. Sir James also raised concerns about the accuracy of other aspects of our reporting. We wish to make clear that Sir James contacted Number 10 in response to the Prime Minister’s direct request to him for assistance in relation to the urgent need for ventilators and incurred costs of £20 million which his company voluntarily absorbed in trying to assist in the national emergency. His text messages to the Prime Minister were also later sent to officials. We are sorry that these facts were not always reflected in our coverage, and we apologise for not doing so.

In response, Sir James Dyson said  

“The BBC now acknowledges that it was wrong and has issued an apology – which I accept. To justify its claim that I am a “prominent Conservative supporter” the BBC shamefully twisted our charitable gift to school children to suit their political narrative. The Prime Minister asked Dyson to help at a time of crisis, in the national interest, and we did just that. We dropped everything and focused on the national effort. Far from any gain, the project cost us £20 million – a sum we voluntarily bore. I am proud of the efforts of every Dyson person who contributed and we would do precisely the same again. It was deeply disappointing, for me and for the hundreds of Dyson people who gave it their all, to have our efforts developing an emergency ventilator mischaracterised and used for political mudslinging.”

Oh dear! Another epic failure from Fools. You actually quoted the DAILY MAIL article I posted in responding with this BBC apology to James Dyson. Even the Mashco Piro tribe in the deepest Peruvian jungle would know that it is laughably stupid to post an apology from the BBC for an article written in the Daily Mail. What a thicko!

But while we're still laughing, you can perhaps point out which bits of the Daily Mail article are wrong. To help out, here it is again:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9494273/Boris-Johnson-sent-texts-Sir-James-Dyson-saying-fix-tax-issue-staff.html

Boris Johnson 'sent texts to Sir James Dyson saying he would "fix" tax issue for billionaire inventor's staff if they came to the UK to make ventilators during Covid pandemic'

• Billionaire tycoon Sir James Dyson wrote an official letter to the Treasury 
  • Asked for tax status of staff to remain same if they moved to UK from Singapore 
  • But in a private text, Boris Johnson told Sir James that he 'will fix it' himself
  • The Prime Minister then added 'Rishi [Sunak] says it is fixed!! We need you here'
  • Two weeks later, Rishi Sunak told MPs that those coming into UK to offer help during the pandemic would not see a change in their tax status
  • It is the latest in a string of lobbying questions facing the Conservative Party

Under the ministerial code - a list of rules laying out the conduct expected by ministers - 'a private secretary or official should be present for all discussions relating to government business'.

Should a conversation happen without an official, 'any significant content should be passed back to the department as soon as possible after the event'.

It also states that ministers should 'act and take decisions in an open and transparent manner' and 'must act and take decisions impartially, fairly and on merit, using the best evidence and without discrimination or bias'.

Edited by horsefly

12 hours ago, Well b back said:

Maybe it was Dyson who issued the ccj against Johnson.

I must admit it's now obvious where I've gone wrong.

I didn't realize that you needed a CCJ to get on or vote/align/express as a Tory.

Live and learn.

22 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

as per this week's Private Eye, more for the Glorious Leader to ignore

Looks like the media have been duped by a crazy....I think the Metro is going to have to publish an apology.

Downing Street believes the claim is completely bogus and the CCJ should not have been issued.

The case was brought by an Yvonne Hobbs against 'The Rt Hon Boris Johnson' and she gave her reason for the debt as: 'Committed repeated defamation.'

She used the Online Civil Money Claims service to state that the Prime Minister owed her £535.

But the Mail can reveal Miss Hobbs, 59, of Leicestershire, is a Covid conspiracy theorist who has launched multiple claims against Mr Johnson and public institutions. She often sends copies of her complaints to the Queen, the BBC, the House of Commons and House of Lords.

She has launched legal actions against Marks and Spencer, Royal Mail, Chancellor Rishi Sunak and numerous public companies.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9572541/Boris-Johnsons-535-county-court-ruling-came-Covid-conspiracy-theorists-slander-allegation.html

Nobody on here using "Yvonne Hobbs" as an extra log in, I hope.😉

So he would have ignored various court letters, if you did that you would now not be able to get a mortgage or loan. Why not just write in the first place and contest the claims, I assume 10 Downing Street was his address, in which case if it was me or you an appeal and the correct address was used an appeal would be a complete waste of time.

Clearly the Country has it wrong. As a financial advisor or policeman to name but a couple of jobs you are not allowed ccj’s, however as a PM that’s fine.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Looks like the media have been duped by a crazy....I think the Metro is going to have to publish an apology.

Downing Street believes the claim is completely bogus and the CCJ should not have been issued.

The media certainly haven't been duped, can't say I see the Metro very often but all the reporting I've seen has been factually correct in stating that a CCJ has been issued against Johnson.

So if anyone has been duped it is the court and indeed Johnson himself, which is deeply ironic 😂

If he had responded to the court then the judgement might not have been issued but on this occassion his assumption that he and his mates are above the law seems to have come back to bite him in embarassing fashion.  😂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Well b back said:

So he would have ignored various court letters, if you did that you would now not be able to get a mortgage or loan. Why not just write in the first place and contest the claims, I assume 10 Downing Street was his address, in which case if it was me or you an appeal and the correct address was used an appeal would be a complete waste of time.

Clearly the Country has it wrong. As a financial advisor or policeman to name but a couple of jobs you are not allowed ccj’s, however as a PM that’s fine.

Exactly WBB.

A CCJ isn't granted without the court giving the defendant ample opportunity to contest the claim. It only usually happens in error if you've moved away etc.

It may well be a try on but that doesn't excuse Johnson from ignoring the court and it communications - then I suppose that's par anyway for him. 

8 hours ago, ricardo said:

The case was brought by an Yvonne Hobbs against 'The Rt Hon Boris Johnson' and she gave her reason for the debt as: 'Committed repeated defamation.'

She used the Online Civil Money Claims service to state that the Prime Minister owed her £535.

But the Mail can reveal Miss Hobbs, 59, of Leicestershire, is a Covid conspiracy theorist who has launched multiple claims against Mr Johnson and public institutions. She often sends copies of her complaints to the Queen, the BBC, the House of Commons and House of Lords.

She has launched legal actions against Marks and Spencer, Royal Mail, Chancellor Rishi Sunak and numerous public companies.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9572541/Boris-Johnsons-535-county-court-ruling-came-Covid-conspiracy-theorists-slander-allegation.html

Nobody on here using "Yvonne Hobbs" as an extra log in, I hope.😉

Has the BBC given this news the same prominence as their gloating over the initial story? 🙃

And still the Boris-hating, armchair solicitors on here are unable to stfu about it 😀

5 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Obviously Hobbs wasn't worth poking and too old to bear children.

Sounds like a mad sort.

Liable to cut off your ukulele's if you get too frisky.

10 minutes ago, Jools said:

And still the Boris-hating, armchair solicitors on here are unable to stfu about it 😀

You're the buffoon who has just brought it up again. No one else had said anything for 5 hours. Laughably stupid as ever.

Edited by horsefly
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Sounds like a mad sort.

Liable to cut off your ukulele's if you get too frisky.

At 70, that sounds like it would be exciting. As long as the Bunny keeps away from the hob.🐇

2 hours ago, Jools said:

Has the BBC given this news the same prominence as their gloating over the initial story? 🙃

Indeed sounds like one rule for the PM and one rule for everybody else. And why say that about the bbc they did quite a big article.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57099607