A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Quite a few are retweeting this.😳😂

Indeed, I have just put his statement up, I guess it says he will be leading them in 2024. Of course if it looks like he has completely had it he won’t do it, and if he is annihilated of course he won’t be interested in being their leader, he will leave them in the s***. His statement has just destroyed what chance they had.

Of course I didnt think of that, do Johnson’s supporters hate Sunak enough to get Penny up to 100 nominations, then win via the membership 

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Of course I didnt think of that, do Johnson’s supporters hate Sunak enough to get Penny up to 100 nominations, then win via the membership 

I think that could be highly probable.

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

I think that could be highly probable.

I hope and believe that Mordaunt would withdraw.  The last thing she needs is to be elected by the racist element in the party membership, the same people who voted for Truss.  Kiss of death.

Edited by benchwarmer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Adults back in charge. Pound already bounced up on the news.

Must be a world thing, couldn’t be a U.K. thing.

Joking aside unfortunately Truss did so much damage ( blame the 160,000 idiots ) to our economy, taxes will be going up, there will be massive spending cuts, but can Rishi put those costs onto the richer or will it be capitulation.

1 minute ago, Icecream Snow said:

I believe that either Sunak or Truss supplied so much damning evidence to the Parliamentary Committee that Johnson was screwed.

And mad Dom, mind he hates Sunak as well.

10 hours ago, sonyc said:

Yes, indeed! He said this the day after he was appointed new chancellor too.😅

Got to love Zahawi just for his pure sh1thousery.  He could yet make an entry as one of the new words added in the Oxford dictionary each year.  "Zahawi" ... "being more slippery than an eel and more sly than a fox".

He never fails to look for any opportunity to sell himself for a position. 

I didn't need evidence but....

😅😂😂

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

On the contrary, the only possible deal Johnson would be proposing would be him as PM. And that would be perfect for Labour and the other parties.Johnson would never accept any job other than PM, so it would either be that or no deal.

And Sunak, especially as his list of backers grew, was never going to accept Johnson as PM. In short, there was no chance of a deal. And if, as some anti-BoJo MPs are suggesting, he never got to 100 signed-up backers, even though his camp was claiming he had done so, then just one more lie would an entirely appropriate end to his political career. Which this definitely is.

I don’t do Twitter @sonyc but can you not reply with, ‘ you make more f****** u turns than Truss ‘ ‘ crawl in the same hole as Boris and Rees ‘

I tell you they will all stab Sunak in the back when they consider the time is right.

I told you it was all about Boris NOT going to the members vote.

The men in grey suits were never going to allow it.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

I don’t do Twitter @sonyc but can you not reply with, ‘ you make more f****** u turns than Truss ‘ ‘ crawl in the same hole as Boris and Rees ‘

I tell you they will all stab Sunak in the back when they consider the time is right.

You should sign up WBB ....best social media for amusement and the fantastic British sense of humour ...bar none. Just decide who you wish to follow. And you can be very discerning on content.

My main interest overall is art ( I paint myself) and it's been absolutely fantastic to discover so many artists over the years. But so many interests to follow. On the politics side also you get breaking stories and lots of comment. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Adults back in charge. Pound already bounced up on the news.

Obvious from the moment the 1922 Committee came up with the rules

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Obvious from the moment the 1922 Committee came up with the rules

See the markets are recovering.

Pound up 3 bps to 1.14 already, gilts sliding as well.
Truss destroyed this country in a little over a month and because of what she’s done Sunak will not have the luxury of blaming the rest of the world.

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

Johnson withdraws.

Bullet dodged

Must be the first time ever😉

• Haha 3

As I said earlier, his ego couldn't handle it.

Hopefully, this fcukin farce his finished by Friday and honest people who are worried interest rates etc might have the attention turned to them.

Just pish of into the sunset Boris. You've always been a scrounger, living off others so no doubt you can do it again.

43 minutes ago, Well b back said:

37 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

I hope and believe that Mordaunt would withdraw.  The last thing she needs is to be elected by the racist element in the party membership, the same people who voted for Truss.  Kiss of death.

Michael Fabricant's recent tweets suggest that the Johnsonites will try and push this towards the members.

Mordaunt won't get to 100 and likely would withdraw anyway. Most interesting I say scrolling through the website today was Starmer getting a bit of pressure from the left of his party for more racial social economic policies to take advantage of the hugh victory they think they will get. Which they've not won yet, but hey why would it not happen eh comrades. Their membership is increasing as well as power is smelt. Pretty much currently the only thing that would turn people away from Labour is Corbyns minnows letting us know the truth which is Starmer will be thrown under the bus once in power. Of course we hate this goverment and that's how things change so let the chips land where they may!

2 hours ago, benchwarmer said:

If i thought any Tory MP was half decent to be PM it would be Penny Mourdant but really hope she does not get elected for this...let Sunak be the latest short lived Tory PM of 18 months or so before Starmer gets in...its a  crazy  and wacky  not so merry go round to be leader right now.

16 hours ago, ricardo said:

I told you it was all about Boris NOT going to the members vote.

The men in grey suits were never going to allow it.

Actually the 100-backer rule could easily have allowed Johnson to  end up getting as far as having the members vote. It may be that he reached that figure, or could have done.*

What really did for him this time was not the men in suits but the owners and editors of papers that had previously backed him to the hilt.

The Mail and the Telegraph notably backed away from outright support and came close to deserting him by arguing aganst. The Mail, for example, had a prominent piece from Andrew Neil that didn't so much as stick a knife in Johnson as dismember him with a claymore. In the Telegraph, Boris's former paper no less, Charles Moore said outright he shouldn't run.

And Lord Frost, raised from total obscurity by Boris to positions of importance he was nowhere near qualified to fill, repaid that by saying his benefactor's time at Downing Street had been marked by chaos and incompetence. Boris, the great betrayer, got betrayed by those he had counted on. 

*Turns out he did have at least 100 backers.

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 2

Not particularly enamoured at the prospect of any of the candidates tbh but I’m absolutely loving them slimy flag shaggers like Dan Wooton and James Melville spitting feathers on Twitter right now. Really hoping this is the beginning of the end of this ****ty right wing populist era in this country at least.

• Like 1