A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

Its Larry, the Downing Street Cat, I feel most sorry for. Pets need structure and continuity. 😢

Apples

• Like 1

Someone should tell the Tory party you can't have a second vote, just because you didn't like the result of the first one.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

It will be Penny or Rishi, as it would have been if MP's had been given the choice in the first place.

It should be a partnership...Pishi or Renny (although that may be hard to digest). 🤣

Apples

• Haha 1

Just now, Mr Apples said:

It should be a partnership...Pishi or Renny (although that may be hard to digest). 🤣

Apples

Well, there'd certainly be an element of, er, flux involved. 😉

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

It definitely won't go to Conservative party members as it did last time.

It should do! They know best how to get rid of this sleazy and disgusting government. 

Did anyone ever see this piece of magnificently cathartic roasting?

I wonder what he's going to come up with this time?

19 minutes ago, kick it off said:

44 days. Shortest lived PM in history and she managed to wreak absolute havoc. To tank the economy and people's futures in the way she has done is criminal. Never thought I'd see a worse PM than Boris, but he's not even the worst one of this year. Pathetic.

Whoever takes over has absolutely zero mandate from the electorate. 

Any Tories with a shred of integrity recognise the need for an immediate GE, but they won't because they're a bunch of sef-serving lickspittles who are only interested in their own interests, and not the country's.

This is the worst Parliament (on all sides of the fence) in living memory.

I still have a sneaking suspicion that the Queen lost the will to live upon appointing Liz Truss as PM. 

16 minutes ago, kick it off said:

44 days. Shortest lived PM in history and she managed to wreak absolute havoc. To tank the economy and people's futures in the way she has done is criminal. Never thought I'd see a worse PM than Boris, but he's not even the worst one of this year. Pathetic.

Whoever takes over has absolutely zero mandate from the electorate. 

Any Tories with a shred of integrity recognise the need for an immediate GE, but they won't because they're a bunch of sef-serving lickspittles who are only interested in their own interests, and not the country's.

This is the worst Parliament (on all sides of the fence) in living memory.

Unfortunately many Tory MP’s are using Trusses car crash, to say how amazingly wonderful Boris was. Don’t be shocked if they put him forward. Then don’t be shocked if people start to believe the spin they will put out.

• Like 1

Just now, Well b back said:

Unfortunately many Tory MP’s are using Trusses car crash, to say how amazingly wonderful Boris was. Don’t be shocked if they put him forward. Then don’t be shocked if people start to believe the spin they will put out.

I very nearly posted the same thing, and actually, although I think they're going to lose the next election whatever, I think he's probably their best damage control option. 

Did anyone just see that interview with Brady ? Several journalists as he walked away could clearly be heard saying he’s lied ?. My assumption is that meant they have already decided who the next pm is.

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Still glad we dodged that Corbyn bullet...

Marvellous. So many said electing Corbyn would bankrupt the country, lead to instability, particularly the markets, the pound would be worthless and bills would go through the roof and our borrowing would hit record levels.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Badger said:

What's happening to gilts - that's the real issue?

Gilthead Bream now common along SW coast of Ireland, hope that helps.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Did anyone just see that interview with Brady ? Several journalists as he walked away could clearly be heard saying he’s lied ?. My assumption is that meant they have already decided who the next pm is.

Saw the interview, but missed that...

4 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Entirely your fault for complaining about the wallpaper. Now look at all the trouble youve caused.🎂😀

If Bravermann is elected, as a pensioner scrounging the pension and with my Communist, Jewish background I had better look for a rubber dinghy somewhere along the Kent coast - going the other way.

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

My assumption is that meant they have already decided who the next pm is.

The men in grey suits have spoken.

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Entirely your fault for complaining about the wallpaper. Now look at all the trouble youve caused.🎂😀

I wonder if he got someone to steam it off when he left. I bet he took the light bulbs.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Saw the interview, but missed that...

Going by the next topic of conversation I think they were talking about the membership being included in the decision.

• Like 1

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

If Bravermann is elected, as a pensioner scrounging the pension and with my Communist, Jewish background I had better look for a rubber dinghy somewhere along the Kent coast - going the other way.

You can hide in my fallout shelter.

Rent negotiable.

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I doubt it. He's being cagey because under normal circumstances the top two candidates would be voted on by the party membership. I think the expectation is that a deal will be done so that the second placed candidate simply concedes, and gets a top cabinet post in return.

It's happened before. I think Leadsom conceded to Theresa May for example. 

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Marvellous. So many said electing Corbyn would bankrupt the country, lead to instability, particularly the markets, the pound would be worthless and bills would go through the roof and our borrowing would hit record levels.

I almost laughed but the situation is too desperate.

Just now, ricardo said:

The men in grey suits have spoken.

Bridgerton knows. Its Sunak by acclamation and Mourdant as FS or HS. Does Schnapps get his ministerial bonus for being in the job for a week? Before he goes back to Transport. The ERG knows a centrist has to be the figurehead but they want assurances many of their stormtroopers will get a seat in the Cabinet.

2 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

So Liz Truss managed a princely 44 days.

Exactly the same as Brian Clough managed at Leeds when he replaced Don Revie 😀

Perhaps she will end up as manager of Nottingham  Forest.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

I doubt it. He's being cagey because under normal circumstances the top two candidates would be voted on by the party membership. I think the expectation is that a deal will be done so that the second placed candidate simply concedes, and gets a top cabinet post in return.

It's happened before. I think Leadsom conceded to Theresa May for example. 

Yes I think the bit they were questioning was the fact he said the membership would be involved in the decision ?