A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Hmmm, is this another stitch up??

Well it certainly delays things and means the pink buffoon could hang on for several months.

Come on all decent Tories and do the right thing...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Herman said:

I wouldn't say so, and potentially either the Met's findings will supersede her report, in that charges are laid, and/or the two investigations aid each other, proving more breaches by BoJo and his staff.

18 minutes ago, Herman said:

Police investigating.

Nothing to see here, movealong please.

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Who's been a naughty boy then eh?

The Met will bring their own evidence to be on the safe side.

How about a new Comedy hit TV show.... aka 'Porridge' ?

Norman Stanley Fletcher Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, you have pleaded guilty to the charges brought by this court, and it is now my duty to pass sentence. You are an habitual criminal. liar who accepts arrest being found out as an occupational hazard, and presumably accepts imprisonment disgrace in the same casual manner. We therefore feel constrained to commit you to the maximum term allowed for these offences: you will go to prison the Tower's naughty step for five years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Will Downing Street now be designated a ‘High Crime Area’, and extra police officers drafted in?

3 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Or her latest venture...

Carrie on Partying - Celebrate with the celebs. Social distancing is for the little people, not the Lyttle people!

This  is starting to resemble the last days of one of the very worst Roman emperors. The inevitable next step is for Dilyn to be made a member of the House of Lords...🤓

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

This  is starting to resemble the last days of one of the very worst Roman emperors. The inevitable next step is for Dilyn to be made a member of the House of Lords...🤓

Larry the Cat an obvious choice for the top job.

49 minutes ago, ricardo said:

If the Met are up to their usual standards then Kwazi Kwarteng should start worrying.😉

52 minutes ago, ricardo said:

They will only do something if a black person was involved. If Kwasi was there they will be in with the riot gear.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

I wouldn't say so, and potentially either the Met's findings will supersede her report, in that charges are laid, and/or the two investigations aid each other, proving more breaches by BoJo and his staff.

There is another point, which I haven't seen made so far. There have been all too believable reports that Downing St staffers have been withholding info from Gray, and even perhaps deleting images, for fear of losing their jobs. It is one thing to do that with Gray but quite another when it is a criminal investigation by the police.

I was thinking along the lines that the Johnson cabal now have their reason to delay the Gray report, thanks to Swear-Word's intervention, but it looks like the Met had no problem with her report being published.

An interesting source of evidence, from the Daily Mash. 🤣

Perhaps start by asking the police guarding Downing Street?' public advises Met

THE police investigating Downing Street lockdown parties have been advised that the police guarding Downing Street might provide a few answers. 

The investigation into a number of thoroughly documented illegal gatherings that attendees are on record as attending is not expected to be challenging, especially once direct testimony is taken from the police officers who saw it all.

Nathan Muir of Hebden Bridge said: “Call me Columbo, but I’d begin there.

“Check the records, find out who was on duty, haul them to the interrogation room and get a full list of all parties they saw, heard or inadvertently attended. It doesn’t have to be Line of Duty. They’ll probably just tell you.

“They’ll definitely have noticed wheeled suitcases full of wine, because they’re sharp-eyed police, and there’ll definitely be full records of who was where when because it’s the seat of government.

“I say begin there but it can pretty much end there, really. Witness statements from serving and respected police officers should be all the evidence you need. Then arrests, massive fines, resignations.”

Met commissioner Cressida **** said: “This might shock you, but I think we’re looking at total exoneration.”

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Herman said:

Stop voting for these utter twats, for goodness sakes.

It's tone-deaf when you consider that not only did they set the laws, they actively prosecuted those that broke them, no matter how minor the misdemeanour.

• Like 2

Sounds to me word had reached Johnson that Sue Gray's report will be damming.  Suddenly the Met does a U turn (who instigated that) and decides to investigate. The Government says that Sue Gray's report won't be published whilst the Met investigations are ongoing even though the Met want it published. Sky are reporting the investigations could take up to a year and in the worst case scenario, for Johnson, they end up issuing a few fines and Sue Gray's report which might well have finished him off never sees the light of day.

7 minutes ago, Barry Brockes said:

Sounds to me word had reached Johnson that Sue Gray's report will be damming.  Suddenly the Met does a U turn (who instigated that) and decides to investigate. The Government says that Sue Gray's report won't be published whilst the Met investigations are ongoing even though the Met want it published. Sky are reporting the investigations could take up to a year and in the worst case scenario, for Johnson, they end up issuing a few fines and Sue Gray's report which might well have finished him off never sees the light of day.

The investigations could take up to a year? Good grief. How can anyone have faith in the Met Police? Gray is only taking weeks. Her findings can be handed to the CPS and cut out the Met. No good asking the Attorney General. He is probably in Mauritius or somewhere on an earner.

I think he will be even more stupid than he appears if he tries to wait for the Met. They are only interested in spot fines etc. It has nothing to do with the Gray report.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Well b back said:

I say this as a lifelong Tory voter, who wouldn’t vote Tory again whilst he is in charge, anyone that stands up for him tomorrow also have zero chance of my vote if they become leader. 
It often follows that your children vote the same way as you, but our youngest who is nearly 18 could never see himself voting Tory because of what Johnson has created and what those in the group 16 - 20 lost whilst this clown lived his schoolboy lifestyle.

Totally understand. The Tories used to be a small-c conservative party of law and order, relatively low taxes and were essentially the party of the aspirational working class/middle class. Even if there is an argument that Thatcher's era seemed to be one where whilst she was the last PM with a vision for what she wanted the UK to be - and some of the things she did seemed to usher in the opposite, there was generally a sense of pragmatism and probity in their dealings.

Not with this shower. They're the party of financial hucksters. Can definitely see why you'd move away. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Totally understand. The Tories used to be a small-c conservative party of law and order, relatively low taxes and were essentially the party of the aspirational working class/middle class. Even if there is an argument that Thatcher's era seemed to be one where whilst she was the last PM with a vision for what she wanted the UK to be - and some of the things she did seemed to usher in the opposite, there was generally a sense of pragmatism and probity in their dealings.

Not with this shower. They're the party of financial hucksters. Can definitely see why you'd move away. 

👍

6 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

So The Sue Gray report is ready to be handed over to number 10...

Who's in charge of the black marker pen??😉

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

There is another point, which I haven't seen made so far. There have been all too believable reports that Downing St staffers have been withholding info from Gray, and even perhaps deleting images, for fear of losing their jobs. It is one thing to do that with Gray but quite another when it is a criminal investigation by the police.

Seems like some staffers have suddenly remembered they had some undeleted images...🤩

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

So The Sue Gray report is ready to be handed over to number 10...

Apparently the Met were shocked when it was suggested that Sue Gray’s report would not be published and even more shocked to hear they had in any way suggested it should not be published. Apparently they had told everybody concerned it must be published.