A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

43 minutes ago, Herman said:

Interesting.👍

"That sets up the mother of all potential anti Tory tactical voting."

I'm sure I wont be alone it making sure that's exactly what happens. 

Mini-bus for the 'Johnson apologists'  party.

12 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

"That sets up the mother of all potential anti Tory tactical voting."

I'm sure I wont be alone it making sure that's exactly what happens. 

Mini-bus for the 'Johnson apologists'  party.

Can see straight off what the Tory GE campaign strategy will be. 

"We brought you Brexit, we got Britain back on its feet from the pandemic,. And all other parties want to take this away from you..."

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

"We brought you Brexit, we got Britain back on its feet from the pandemic,. And all other parties want to take this away from you..."

All I want is a party with the basic British values of honesty and fairness. Not the crony party of VIP contracts, the one rule for us and one for the rest, the party of lies and snake oil salesmen and women. The party of myth and deceit. 

Not really too much to ask in the 21st century is it unless we're already living in one of those weak or non existent democracies such as Russia or Turkey? Wave the flag, pile on the mushroom treatment...

19 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

All I want is a party with the basic British values of honesty and fairness. Not the crony party of VIP contracts, the one rule for us and one for the rest, the party of lies and snake oil salesmen and women. The party of myth and deceit. 

Not really too much to ask in the 21st century is it unless we're already living in one of those weak or non existent democracies such as Russia or Turkey? Wave the flag, pile on the mushroom treatment...

Totally agreed. Just predicting that the Tories will be fully aware of an unofficial pact or otherwise against them.

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

You have to admit that "We got Brexit done, and We were the first major country out of the pandemic" are two major selling points.

Starmer's "We caught Bojo eating birthday cake in his garden" doesn't have the same pull.

8 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

You have to admit that "We got Brexit done, and We were the first major country out of the pandemic" are two major selling points.

Starmer's "We caught Bojo eating birthday cake in his garden" doesn't have the same pull.

If Brexit is 'done' what has Lord Frost been doing for a year and why has he passed on this task to Liz Truss?

There doesn't seem to be much evidence that we are "the first major country out of the pandemic" apart from the Tories saying it and they're not really believable on anything.

Edited by A Load of Squit

7 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

If Brexit is 'done' what has Lord Frost been doing for a year and why has he passed on this task to Liz Truss?

There doesn't seem to be much evidence that we are "the first major country out of the pandemic" apart from the Tories saying it and they're not really believable on anything.

You sound like one of those Japanese soldiers still holed up in the jungle decades after the Second World War finished.

1 minute ago, Rock The Boat said:

You sound like one of those Japanese soldiers still holed up in the jungle decades after the Second World War finished.

And you sound like someone who has been caught out lying again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Starmer's "We caught Bojo eating birthday cake in his garden" doesn't have the same pull.

I appreciate that people only mention the last thing hoping that people think that is the only thing that happened, but I thought we had moved on now to dogs being more important than people that put their lives at risk by supporting the U.K. 

Was this the same person as well that thought when it came to British citizens ‘ The bodies should be left to pile high ‘.

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Except that come the next election voters are likely to ask what happened to that levelling up that was promised, and why should it have been necessary anyway, given that the Tories will by then have been in power for 13 or 14 years, and also demand to know (with the annual inflation rate already at its highest since 1992) how it is the supposed party of economic competence has overseen such a fall in living standards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Lets ask the people who are worse off because of Brexit if its a success. And being the first out of the pandemic is hardly worth bragging about with over 150K dead.

• Thanks 1

If the stories in this morning's media are correct that the Met have asked Sue Gray to redact anything in her report that relates to their investigations into partygate is there anything left in her report?

Add that to the incentives being offered to Conservative Red Wall MPs to support Johnson in any vote of no-confidence and you can see why you can get 7-1 about him being removed from office by the end of March.

25 minutes ago, Herman said:

The stitch up is on. 

I don't think so, Herman. Even a heavily redacted report making some general points is hardly likely to be good news for Johnson, and the more redacted it is the more that means the Met is looking at prosecuting multiple events. In the long run in this case less is more. It means a conclusion is put off but Labour are probably happy about that. And in the interim I would imagine some new images🎉🕺🍸🎂 might come to light...🤓

On 27/01/2022 at 10:16, Yellow Fever said:

'Bertie' always had Jeeves although Wooster is quite a good character likeness to Johnson's comical antics. 

In this case Bojo Bertie's Jeeves is Michael Fabricant...

• Haha 1

Sadly I have zero confidence in the Met. My perception is that they are a fully compliant part of a stitch-up the end point of which will be they will issue a few token fines and the matter will be closed. Clearly Sue Gray's (full) report is dynamite.

Fingers crossed that Dom has something up his sleeve from which even the most slippery of individuals cannot escape.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Barry Brockes said:

If the stories in this morning's media are correct that the Met have asked Sue Gray to redact anything in her report that relates to their investigations into partygate is there anything left in her report?

Add that to the incentives being offered to Conservative Red Wall MPs to support Johnson in any vote of no-confidence and you can see why you can get 7-1 about him being removed from office by the end of March.

This absolutely stinks. Take the most incriminating stuff out of the Sue Gray report so it doesn;t bring down Boris. Kick the more damaging allegations into the long grass. After a while the met will say no case to answer or fine a few underlings as sacrificial lambs.

The police getting involved at this stage and now seeking to influence the content of the report really does smell dodgy. I suppose there must be a reason why a police commissioner who seems (to the outside world) to have presided over nothing but rising crime and a string of major c**k ups in the last decade is still top dog!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Barry Brockes said:

Sadly I have zero confidence in the Met. My perception is that they are a fully compliant part of a stitch-up the end point of which will be they will issue a few token fines and the matter will be closed. Clearly Sue Gray's (full) report is dynamite.

Fingers crossed that Dom has something up his sleeve from which even the most slippery of individuals cannot escape.

If the Met is part of a stitch-up then that will become embarrassingly apparent when the full report is released, if indeed it is dynamite, after any court cases have gone through. As it happens the Met has come in for so much criticism about its laxity over Downing Street that I believe it will want to be seen to be doing a proper job. And I think you are underestimating the devastating political effect of guilty verdicts on people at 10 Downing Street even if the punishments are minimal.

Safe until the May locals unless there's  video of Boris and staff doing the Conga up Whitehall. In the meantime its "events dear boy, events"

Believe you me Purple I hope you're right but I don't believe there's anything Johnson won't stoop to in order to save his skin.

I remain far from convinced that the full Sue Gray report will ever see the light of day. We might be allowed to see her report into the Downing Street parties but only the version with all references to parties in Downing Street removed!

1 minute ago, Barry Brockes said:

Believe you me Purple I hope you're right but I don't believe there's anything Johnson won't stoop to in order to save his skin.

I remain far from convinced that the full Sue Gray report will ever see the light of day. We might be allowed to see her report into the Downing Street parties but only the version with all references to parties in Downing Street removed!

Of course Johnson will do anything but if he did try to suppress the full report it would be leaked, or his enemies in the Tory party would ensure it came out. I have been posting without seeing any political reaction to this, and I may be wrong, but if Gray's initial - redacted - report is essentially a list of eight or nine Downing Street parties with all followed simply by:

Sub judice because of a criminal investigation.

...then that looks pretty bad for Johnson to me. That does not strike me as helping him. And I doubt Tory councillors standing in the forthcoming local elections will be happy.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

I don't think so, Herman. Even a heavily redacted report making some general points is hardly likely to be good news for Johnson, and the more redacted it is the more that means the Met is looking at prosecuting multiple events. In the long run in this case less is more. It means a conclusion is put off but Labour are probably happy about that. And in the interim I would imagine some new images🎉🕺🍸🎂 might come to light...🤓

I don't know mate. I don't normally disagree with you but this utterly stinks of a stitch up. Cressida in charge does not lead me to trust anything the Met does now anyway but the timings of their announcements lead me to believe that this is designed to keep Johnson in charge. 

I sincerely hope that you are right but my belief that Johnson corrupts everything he touches is at the forefront this morning. 

Why do the Met need an investigation? It has already been noted that there is nothing to find that is other than the simple matter of issuing spot fines for breeches of the law at the time. So if the Gray report lists the parties and those in attendance, its matter of issuing spot fines. No lawyers needed. No court proceedings.

No-one is asking for these people to face a firing squad. Its happened, we can't reverse it. But what we can do is take to task the person who is responsible for picking up all the bucks he has stopped.

This stinks of collusion between the Met and Boris and is yet another reason he should resign. Abuse of executive power.

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

I don't know mate. I don't normally disagree with you but this utterly stinks of a stitch up. Cressida in charge does not lead me to trust anything the Met does now anyway but the timings of their announcements lead me to believe that this is designed to keep Johnson in charge. 

I sincerely hope that you are right but my belief that Johnson corrupts everything he touches is at the forefront this morning. 

Hermy, the alternative view is that she is determined to get the Met's reputation back on this by avoiding any prosecutions getting thrown out by Johnson et al claiming the full Gray report was prejudicial to their defence.

Bear in mind that she said investigations such as the ones she was launching were carried out for 'the most serious and flagrant type of breach' where there was evidence of wrongdoing and no 'reasonable defence' – and where failure to act would 'undermine the legitimacy of the law'.  

She as near as dammit said the evidence of guilt was incontrovertible.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Of course Johnson will do anything but if he did try to suppress the full report it would be leaked, or his enemies in the Tory party would ensure it came out. I have been posting without seeing any political reaction to this, and I may be wrong, but if Gray's initial - redacted - report is essentially a list of eight or nine Downing Street parties with all followed simply by:

Sub judice because of a criminal investigation.

...then that looks pretty bad for Johnson to me. That does not strike me as helping him. And I doubt Tory councillors standing in the forthcoming local elections will be happy.

I'm with you on this one Purple.

The Met wishing things to be redacted so as not to prejudice their investigation (and of course by inference criminal prosecutions) - a change from the previous position - can now only mean things may be now much more serious than many wish. Don't be fooled either by the MET not doing a proper job now. They know their credibility is also on the line and the truth will out one way or another!

Edited by Yellow Fever
Can Lulu Lytle give any advice on decorating a 4 to 6 m2 room?

40 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Safe until the May locals unless there's  video of Boris and staff doing the Conga up Whitehall. In the meantime its "events dear boy, events"

That would be great news...just imagine the damage he can do to the Tory party for another 3 months. 🤣

Apples

• Haha 1