A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

"He didn't know blackmail was a criminal offence." 

The fat **** erodes a small part of the country's dignity every day he stays in power. 

19 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Churchill did indeed propose an EU, a United States of Europe, but he did not want the UK to be part of it. He wanted the UK, US and USSR to be "friends and sponsors" of the project.

“We are with Europe, but not of it,” he wrote in an earlier essay. “We are linked but not comprised.” 

Churchill wrote those words for an American audience in 1930.

After WW2 he wrote the 'United States of Europe' speech.

Maybe the experience changed his mind. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

"He didn't know blackmail was a criminal offence." 

The fat **** erodes a small part of the country's dignity every day he stays in power. 

He acted so tough at PMQs as if he had done so much for the country.

Vaccine rollout one of the best in the world. Yes it was, but surely Hancock, the man he sacked was Minister of Health and should get the credit. And wasn't the first lockdown too late for many people? Then he tells us that if Labour had been in power we would still be in lockdown. Supposition seems to be his only substance.

Prattling on about Bury South when the chap has crossed the floor because of him not just the Party.

Still not answering the pertinent questions. But praising the British people for obeying the rules.

Keeps telling us with have the fastest GDP growth in the G7 countries, not the G20 of course, oops missed that one. Forgetting to add that ours started from a lot lower position than all the other countries.

Pesto has got hold of the email that soon to be sacked mandarin sent to BoJo the Clown. Apparently it reads as follows:

'Dear Big Dog, afraid you'll have to cancel that booze-up we were both looking forward to. More of a ****-up than Brexit. I said you shouldn't have allowed Frostie to do the catering. The idiot has ordered non-vintage Bollinger instead of Louis Roederer Cristal, and there are none of those German smoked cheese slices you specifically asked for. The ones 'fizz with Liz' recommended after she saw them praised on a Norwich Town website. Don't know why she was looking at a footie site. Suppose there isn't much else to do in Norfolk!'

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Barry Brockes said:

Allegedly Conservative MPs have been told that any of them who vote against Boris in any forthcoming leadership election will have funding for their constituencies withdrawn.

Shocked I tell you. MP's being threatened by the Whips.😀

Anyone would think this hasn't been standard prectice for the last three hundred years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Anyone would think this hasn't been standard prectice for the last three hundred years.

There has always been corruption and coercion in UK politics but the scale and shamefulness of the current government is plumbing new depths. It simply because they have built their foundations on lies which are now crumbling obviously around them.

We truly do look like a banana republic. That will be the current Tory party's and Johnson's in particular forever legacy. I suspect a full Spring clean is in order letting in some much disinfecting light.

Truth and Reconciliation committee ?

5 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Truth and Reconciliation committee ?

Xmas drinks fund committee

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Xmas drinks fund committee

I think some are now going to face criminal investigation and potential custodial sentences if proved true. The blackmail involved is serious.

15 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think some are now going to face criminal investigation and potential custodial sentences if proved true. The blackmail involved is serious.

Won't go anywhere, this is normal politics which is very similar to Mafia tactics.

Hmm, nice business you've got here, it would be a shame if your shop burnt down.

50 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Clearly there is a need to be shocked, even though we all know this is the way things have always worked. I have no sympathy for this government but try to tread a middle path. Lets keep a sense of political reality here.

Having said thats it's obviously a question of degree.

Maybe the new entrants were shocked at how bad the bullying and threatening was?!

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

Maybe the new entrants were shocked at how bad the bullying and threatening was?!

Its the old carrot and stick.

MP's are no different to many other citizens insofar as they have ambitions they would like to fulfill and secrets they wouldn't like to be put in the public domain.

Very much like the Mafia, I'll do this favour for you but one day I may come along and ask you to do something for me.

18 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Its the old carrot and stick.

MP's are no different to many other citizens insofar as they have ambitions they would like to fulfill and secrets they wouldn't like to be put in the public domain.

Very much like the Mafia, I'll do this favour for you but one day I may come along and ask you to do something for me.

This is different. MPs are supposed to represent all the constituents in their seat whatever the allegiances. You can't differentiate or withhold public funds to dissenting or opposition MPs seats if they don't agree with you.

I now suspect we're heading for a root and beach overhaul of politics, gongs, and even the FPTP. System is clearly broken.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

You can't differentiate or withhold public funds to dissenting or opposition MPs seats if they don't agree with you.

You've led a very sheltered life if you think this hasn't always happened.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Herman said:

Also allegations of withdrawal of funding for previous votes including if they voted to help hungry children. Apparently the threat of Bury FC losing financial help was the final straw for Wakeford. 

It could be construed blackmail on the part of Wakeford, that he would cross the floor in the HoC unless Boris provides help to Bury FC. As others have said, this is all part of normal, daily business.

5 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Churchill wrote those words for an American audience in 1930.

After WW2 he wrote the 'United States of Europe' speech.

Maybe the experience changed his mind. 

Yes, that's quite possibly true. In 1946, he was supportive of a European Union, but saw three spheres of influence, EU, Britain plus Dominions, and the rest. In truth, not a very practical grouping since it lumped USA with USSR and China, and completely under-estimated loss of empire. But at that time we were not part of EU in his eyes. Later, he thought that Britain joining a single European market would be a good thing under the right conditions. Though, when he became Prime Minister after the war he made no move to join the EU institutions, so by the time of his death we can speculate that he was probably more pro-Europe than before the war but that the conditions were not right, perhaps a bit like Gordon Brown being prepared to join the Euro if certain tests were met and not prepared to join under any circumstances.

Edited by Rock The Boat

30 minutes ago, ricardo said:

You've led a very sheltered life if you think this hasn't always happened.

That’s a very interesting point, it possibly has, however if it has ( which I don’t dispute ) Johnson has been stupid enough to mislead Parliament yet again by saying he was unaware of this happening.

Why Johnson must go. Part umpteenth. Nearly a million pounds wasted on one of his brain farts. And the ****** that humoured him need to get out as well.

Just now, Herman said:

Why Johnson must go. Part umpteenth. Nearly a million pounds wasted on one of his brain farts. And the ****** that humoured him need to get out as well.

See the news channels are beginning to report and show pictures of the empty vaccine centres. 

6 minutes ago, Well b back said:

That’s a very interesting point, it possibly has, however if it has ( which I don’t dispute ) Johnson has been stupid enough to mislead Parliament yet again by saying he was unaware of this happening.

Yes but not like this I think - not so blatantly although there was some insinuation all was not right before with some local funding that went suspiciously largely to Tory seats a year or two back.

In the USA so called 'pork barrel politics' is common - and pet senators (I know!)

We'll employ a couple of thousand in X if we get that contract Y.

Anyway - its all going to be scrutinized now!

4 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

He acted so tough at PMQs as if he had done so much for the country.

Vaccine rollout one of the best in the world. Yes it was, but surely Hancock, the man he sacked was Minister of Health and should get the credit. And wasn't the first lockdown too late for many people? Then he tells us that if Labour had been in power we would still be in lockdown. Supposition seems to be his only substance.

Prattling on about Bury South when the chap has crossed the floor because of him not just the Party.

Still not answering the pertinent questions. But praising the British people for obeying the rules.

Keeps telling us with have the fastest GDP growth in the G7 countries, not the G20 of course, oops missed that one. Forgetting to add that ours started from a lot lower position than all the other countries.

If you compare periods when there was no lockdown it is a very different story. 

Screenshot_20220119-121848_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, Van wink said:

Clearly there is a need to be shocked, even though we all know this is the way things have always worked. I have no sympathy for this government but try to tread a middle path. Lets keep a sense of political reality here.

Having said thats it's obviously a question of degree.

Think that is the key point, coercion by the whips has of course always gone on but if it is true, as alledged, that MPs are being blackmailed over the allocation of public funds then there's two criminal offences there straightaway which should be investigated and prosecuted.

Not that there is the slightest chance that the utterly useless Met will actually do anything, not unless people start protesting about something, corruption government for example, in which case they'll appear mob-handed even though its perfectly legal - unlike partying during lockdown, corruptly awarding public contracts to your mates and financial backers, blackmail and misconduct in a public office which are all criminal offences but not apparently in the eyes of the Met Police.

54 minutes ago, Well b back said:

See the news channels are beginning to report and show pictures of the empty vaccine centres. 

I read somewhere that 90% of the over-60s now have a booster jab. If that figure is correct then I think you will find people are voting with their feet - or maybe their arms - and working out their own personal risk situation. if you are under-60 and aware that Omnicron is less severe than other variants you might say enough vaccination already. I wouldn't put that down to government failure but that people feel they have enough information to make informed choices about their personal health, and that from here on personal choice will dictate what people do.

19 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

I read somewhere that 90% of the over-60s now have a booster jab. If that figure is correct then I think you will find people are voting with their feet - or maybe their arms - and working out their own personal risk situation. if you are under-60 and aware that Omnicron is less severe than other variants you might say enough vaccination already. I wouldn't put that down to government failure but that people feel they have enough information to make informed choices about their personal health, and that from here on personal choice will dictate what people do.

So you are happy with Johnson throwing 3 billion pound down the drain, more fool you.

So if you knew that and I knew that why do you think the PM of the U.K. didn’t know that, because they are open for his own political gain. Everybody that wanted boosters had them ( 60 % of those entitled ) yet he has just bought an additional 200 million vaccine doses from Europe and insisted that the vaccine hubs stay open and fully staffed as you point out he really is a complete clown.

I reckon we will see most of the vaccine thrown in the sea, rather than transported over the sea to Countries that are in need, whilst NI is increased by 1.25 % to pay for it.

• Thanks 1

His lips were moving.

https://www.joe.co.uk/news/five-false-claims-made-by-boris-johnson-during-prime-ministers-questions-312319?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=PoliticsJOE&utm_campaign=feed

1) The Conservative party won Bury South in 2019 for the 'first time in generations' under this Prime Minister

Johnson claimed he was responsible for winning the 2019 Bury South from Labour for the "first time in generations".

The constituency was only created in 1983 and was Tory until 1997.

2) The Tories have cut crime by 10% and hired 11,000 more police officers

Between 2010 and 2018, the Tories closed 600 police stations across England and Wales. Similarly, officer numbers fell by more than 20,000 between 2009 and 2018 as part of austerity cuts.

Johnson may have hired 11,000 police officers, but it's more of a "restoration" project than making new additions.

3) 'We are building 40 new hospitals'

Johnson has repeatedly promised "40 more hospitals" throughout his premiership, but the Department of Health corrected this claim in August 2021. While £3.7 billion has been set aside, this programme is mainly an expansion or improvement of existing hospitals.

The department said there was a variety of expansion schemes, but instructed the media they "must always be referred to as a new hospital".

4) 'Youth unemployment is at a record low'

The most recent data for youth unemployment (aged 18-24) stands at 9.8%. In August 2018, it was 9.6%.

5) 'We have the fastest-growing economy in the G7'

If you look at the change over the most recent 12 months of data, this is true. But looking at growth over the last quarter of data (Q2 to Q3 2021), the UK is fifth.

Data from Q4 is not currently available.

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

So you are happy with Johnson throwing 3 billion pound down the drain, more fool you.

So if you knew that and I knew that why do you think the PM of the U.K. didn’t know that, because they are open for his own political gain. Everybody that wanted boosters had them ( 60 % of those entitled ) yet he has just bought an additional 200 million vaccine doses from Europe and insisted that the vaccine hubs stay open and fully staffed as you point out he really is a complete clown.

I reckon we will see most of the vaccine thrown in the sea, rather than transported over the sea to Countries that are in need, whilst NI is increased by 1.25 % to pay for it.

Yes, that would be morally criminal if we were to chuck away a whole load of useful vaccine that is needed elsewhere in the world, and he should certainly be held to account. I would hope Starmer to be jumping up and down in Parliament if this were the case.

40 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Yes, that would be morally criminal if we were to chuck away a whole load of useful vaccine that is needed elsewhere in the world, and he should certainly be held to account. I would hope Starmer to be jumping up and down in Parliament if this were the case.

Many people would happily give him the info he would need.

In addition the uptake of boosters was meant to see us run out of Pfizer so we bought a load of Moderna. Unfortunately that did not happen and we are desperately trying to get rid off the huge amounts of Pfizer with loads of Moderna just sitting there. Do you really think the offering of boosters to under 30’s then over 16’s then 2nd doses for over 12’s was nothing more than a political stunt. 5 - 11’s soon.