A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

This is a top drawer rant from James today. Even the most ardent tory/brexiter must now see it as true.

41 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Layla knows it

Boris must go to the naughty centre

🤣

This really is true, I promise not bull.

I asked a kid today what’s your next lesson, he told me Citizenship. I said wow, what does that involve, he answered 1/2 hour of us all taking the p*** at Boris.

• Haha 2

Peston reckons he’s gone on Friday when it seems it is 60% certain the woman’s report will be in. He says if she says he was a naughty boy the cabinet will turn on him, if she claims he’s been a good boy, the red wall MPS will turn on him as they think that will be worse. It seems Cummings evidence alone will bring him down.

Get your bets on, I have just had a few quid on Hunt.

17 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Peston reckons he’s gone on Friday when it seems it is 60% certain the woman’s report will be in. He says if she says he was a naughty boy the cabinet will turn on him, if she claims he’s been a good boy, the red wall MPS will turn on him as they think that will be worse. It seems Cummings evidence alone will bring him down.

I agree with Hunt. Somebody who stood back from and isn't tarnished by Johnson and his floozies.

8 hours ago, Well b back said:

I hope you haven't done that on my advice which is buried somewhere above. I can't remember the odds offhand but I got better than the 7/1 being offered at the moment. The trouble is, I don't have a good record with the bookies (apart from Lewandowski scoring first in Scotland v Poland for which I will be eternally grateful to Russell Martin). 

I'm not a Tory but if I was them I wouldn't want anyone who has been closely associated with Johnson, but at the same time I would want a safe pair of hands. 

I will be glad to see the back of him. He has dragged politics in this country into the gutter and made intelligent exchange of opinion almost impossible. He has created a divide which will take years to heal. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

PMQs anyone? 😐

Will it begin with yet another apology or are we back to a denial strategy, or maybe pathetic whimpering, he may come in wearing his underpants over his trousers!

Edited by Van wink

16 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Tory MP Christian Wakeford  crosses the floor just before PMQ, my word.

Yes - torpedoed under the waterline. Abandon ship!

Christian Wakeford 'defecting to the Labour party'

Christian Wakeford, the Tory MP for Bury South is defecting to the Labour party, Sebastian Payne of the Financial Times has tweeted.

Harry Cole of The Sun has the statement.

Wakeford has told Boris Johnson that “you and the Conservative Party as a whole have shown themselves incapable of offering the leadership and government this country deserves”.

I suppose the good news for Johnson is that's one less letter 😉

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Herman said:

Vaccines is all he's got left.

Especially now David Davis has taken his last, tiny, shred of dignity. 🤣

Apples

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Apples

Mauled by a well prepared sheep. 

30 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Apples

All whilst holding a pile of papers thicker than his Brexit preparations 😛

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

All whilst holding a pile of papers thicker than his Brexit preparations 😛

The quote was from Cromwell dismissing the Long Parliament, and used by Leo Amery in the Commons debate after the military disaster that was the Norway campaign. And the speech was so powerful it led to Chamberlain standing down as PM, even though he got a majority when the votes were counted. But Chamberlain, for all his faults, was a decent man, worth any number of Boris Johnsons.

13 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Domminnooohooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo!

Following #PMQs senior Labour source tells me that discussions are ongoing with other Tory MPs about potential defections. It’s being referred to as “Operation Domino” behind closed doors.

Is that operation Domino or Dominic ?

I think the Davis interjection is the catalyst for those hanging on to put their letters in. They really can't afford to go into the May elections with him still around.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

The quote was from Cromwell dismissing the Long Parliament, and used by Leo Amery in the Commons debate after the military disaster that was the Norway campaign. And the speech was so powerful it led to Chamberlain standing down as PM, even though he got a majority when the votes were counted. But Chamberlain, for all his faults, was a decent man, worth any number of Boris Johnsons.

To which Johnson, pretend Shakespearean scholar, might soon reply:

'Only my followers' base and ignominious treasons makes me betake me to my heels.'

Edited by PurpleCanary

37 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

To which Johnson, pretend Shakespearean scholar, might soon reply:

'Only my followers' base and ignominious treasons makes me betake me to my heels.'

When sorrows come they come not single spies, but in battalions.

• Like 1

On 17/01/2022 at 22:18, Herman said:

I think Rocky inadvertently shows what their plan is, as has been explained before. It's the old "they're as bad as each other" trick to cause as much debasement of British politics as possible. They want people to lose complete faith in every politician. Don't fall for it as it is bollox.

And who is this paragon of virtue to whom you refer?

On 18/01/2022 at 09:21, Yellow Fever said:

Johnson has already been sacked twice for lying. He's obviously going to be sacked a third time for lying as well.

It must surely be obvious to all by now that Johnson is a complete fraud. He lies about anything and everything if it suits his personal aims. Facts and Johnson have no common ground.

Of course the best lies are those that the recipient wants to hear. Its the way all fraudsters work and the ground was well prepared by the foolish right wing papers.

He lied about Brexit and the £350M, he lied about a Brexit deal, he lied about NI and he lied to the Queen - in fact he lies to everybody even his previous wives. Somebody best avoided. He's now lying to the people and parliament all over again. 

How do you feel about being lied to SC and RTB or do you still cling his lies ?

Frankly he is the antithesis of the honorable English gentleman - and by extension his whole rotten party.

I wrote on here looong ago that I do not support Johnson, do try to keep up.  Hint: Everything isn't binary, even though MSM tries to present it to you as such.

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Johnson suggested he didn't know the quote. Considering he wrote a book on Churchill you'd think he would. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yes - torpedoed under the waterline. Abandon ship!

Christian Wakeford 'defecting to the Labour party'

Christian Wakeford, the Tory MP for Bury South is defecting to the Labour party, Sebastian Payne of the Financial Times has tweeted.

Harry Cole of The Sun has the statement.

Wakeford has told Boris Johnson that “you and the Conservative Party as a whole have shown themselves incapable of offering the leadership and government this country deserves”.

I suppose the good news for Johnson is that's one less letter 😉

Don't be surprised to see a bit of political opportunism in that move. A die-hard Labour member ex-work colleague of mine has had trouble with Wakeford, being blocked by him on social media for posing a few too many "awkward" questions. Granted, this colleague is very much of an Old Labour perspective, so Wakeford is probably Blairite here.