A Load of Squit

New Tory Leader

51 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

With England having the best vaccines outcome in Europe so that we will be the first major country out of the pandemic you lefties have a very short window to get Boris out before the economy gets back to normal and his popularity returns. I reckon if you haven't dislodged him by the end of this month, he will still be here come the May elections.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a Boris apologist, I want him out but for different reasons. But with vaccination going well, anti-vax and lockdown protests muted, Brexit done, the economy bouncing back and spring around the corner, I don't think Boris has much to worry about.

Just the electorate, tax and cost of living rises !

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

If this forum is any indication of the mood of the Great British Public, the number of posts in the covid thread has dwindled to a core of daily statistics and the Brexit thread is kept alive by the efforts of a single yellow-feathered gentleman, meaning that we are ready to move on to the Next Big Thing, whatever that may be. Is Line of Duty coming back?

The only thing that keeps the Brexit thread going is Swindon, if he stopped posting it would turn into a back slapping nest of the disgruntled.

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 2

With England having the best vaccines outcome in Europe 

Indeed thank you for confirming that France, Iceland, Denmark, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Italy, Portugal, ROI ( I think as well Wales and Scotland but not 100% certain ) to name but a few have left Europe and become part of the Middle East.

You may also want to take up the fact we are about to run out of Pfizer and use Moderna, both of which we rely on Europe for. I maybe totally mistaken but again as I understand we have closed down our factories manufacturing vaccines, even though Europe are manufacturing 2 billion doses per year.

The vaccines protect against serious illness and death, not catching it.

The British roll out of the vaccines was very good until it came to the boosters, but to say the best outcome is probably a little bit misleading as I think you should look at Portugal in particular. The most important part of the roll out now is to get it out to the world, something the U.K. and US refuse to do.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Van wink said:

The only thing that keeps the Brexit thread going is Swindon, if he stopped posting it would turn into a back slapping nest of the disgruntled.

AKA, the people that have been proved right.👍

• Like 1

😀

As an aside, why do you think Swindo is doing it? Does he actually believe it, is he on a wind up or is he a remain stooge?

11 minutes ago, Herman said:

😀

As an aside, why do you think Swindo is doing it? Does he actually believe it, is he on a wind up or is he a remain stooge?

You’ll have to ask him, self flagellation?

Who says we are the best in Europe? Boris? Oh well, thats gospel then.

Its time you realised RTB, on the back of Brexit and Trump and now Johnson, just say anything you like. If you are called to account, you just repeat the lie and avoid the topic by asking another question.

Edited by keelansgrandad

2 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I'm not sure this forum is much of indication of the mood of the country, at least not in the way you are suggesting - the reduction in the volume of postings on both Brext & Covid doesn't seem to me to indicate that opinions have changed, rifts healed or even that people feel less exercised by them but purely that at the moment there is very little new to say about them.

Anyway, seems almost certain that the Next Big Thing will be rising inflation and increasing taxation, and indeed the economy generally. All big topics in their own right but I'm pretty sure that they will also give rise to a great many opportunities to highlight how the Government's mishandling of both Brexit and the pandemic will have a long lasting and very damaging legacy.

Not sure whether another Line of Duty series would qualify as a Big Thing after the last one turned out to be such a damp squib 😀

The way Boris has governed the country more like, even when he goes it will have a huge ripple effect that will take years to repair.

Blimey. The Borisgraph too!! Bye, bye, fat American pie.

Edited by Herman

If my grandson had held parties in my house I think I would have known. And I would have come downstairs and told them to go home.

Are these further parties that have escaped his memory?

11 hours ago, Herman said:

Blimey. The Borisgraph too!! Bye, bye, fat American pie.

Two on the same night - that is going some, sounds like No 10 is really a fun place to work 😂

But just remind me again, what exactly is the Metropolitan Police force for, apart from beating up peaceful protesters I mean?

I know that's an important part of their role but I had always naively assumed they had other responsibilities as well?

14 hours ago, Van wink said:

I try to avoid that thread but we all have our trigger points / issues.

Looking introspectively (something SC obviously can't do) I recognize on many issues I tend to react when people distort the truth, jump to unfounded conclusions (as opposed to an hypothesis) on weak data or simply mislead. Try to see the 'other side' and check your facts. I'm mortified if I get something actually factually wrong. For others it seems a way of life (Johnson included).

It seems there are lies, damned lies and politics at play. No wonder we're a bit of basket case at present. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

With England having the best vaccines outcome in Europe so that we will be the first major country out of the pandemic you lefties have a very short window to get Boris out before the economy gets back to normal and his popularity returns. I reckon if you haven't dislodged him by the end of this month, he will still be here come the May elections.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a Boris apologist, I want him out but for different reasons. But with vaccination going well, anti-vax and lockdown protests muted, Brexit done, the economy bouncing back and spring around the corner, I don't think Boris has much to worry about.

England doesn't have the best vaccine outcomes in Europe but that's by the by.

I could actually agree if you replace the word Boris with Conservative because he is a tainted brand now and once trust is gone, it's usually gone for good. The party at the moment is pinning its flaws on him.

The other thing is that inflation is not to be sniffed at. We may return to decent growth but unless real pay keeps up then the government will struggle.

Also good weather doesn't equal an end to political anger, in fact, it's traditional riot season.

Edited by 1902

As said earlier - every day at No.10 was a party - that's why Johnson couldn't tell the difference between work and a party  - seems my jibe was prescient.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

Is this the dreaded "vote of confidence in the manager"?

Foreign Secretary Liz Truss says "real mistakes" were made over gatherings held during lockdown at Downing Street but "we now need to move on".

She tells the BBC she was "very concerned" to hear reports of two leaving parties held on the eve of the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral in April 2021.

However, she says the prime minister has previously apologised for another drinks party he attended, adding: "I 100% support him to continue getting on with the job."

"I do think that we need to look at the overall position we're in as a country - the fact that he has delivered Brexit, that we are recovering from Covid," she adds.

"I think we now need to move on and talk about how we are going to sort out issues."

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

"I think we now need to move on and talk about how we are going to sort out issues."

I think we are. If the polls are to be beloved the public are working out how to get rid of the lot of you. Problem solved.

3 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think we are. If the polls are to be beloved the public are working out how to get rid of the lot of you. Problem solved.

Freudian slip.😀

• Like 1

There was a nice quip from an FT reporter after BoJo's 'excuse':

'I've been to some bad parties, but none so bad that I've thought I was at a work meeting.'

• Haha 3

Tories sharpening Madame Guillotine.

Are the Beefeaters about to see some action too as directed by the Head of the Armed Forces ?

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

And the unintentionally hilarious Allison Pearson somehow finds a way to be even more so:

“Never again will these idiots take us for fools.”

Just to point out I have no real political persuasion or a staunch royalist but that picture of HM Queenie and the thought of that bunch of cnuts in a party at No. 10 the night before has really hit home.

That's one, two probably three votes they won't be getting from the Pants household.

Apologies for the language but it's an absolute disgrace to this nation.

• Like 3

And to think it all started with some wallpaper, that his supporters said didn’t matter. They also slated Dominic Cummings saying he would never be believed.