Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Is Placheta the fastest Norwich player we Have had in years?

He obviously is - I've mentioned on another thread the absolutely ridiculous speed he was travelling as he was getting up to the play for our goal (look out for him on the bottom of the screen). 

Mind you, the fastest player we've had in the last ten years or so was Ritchie De Laet - and although he was lightning quick he couldn't really play football - I'm trusting that as well as the pace Mr Placheta has the footballing ability to go with it. 

He nearly beat Idah to that pass from Pukki despite starting some way further back, and Idah can shift for a big lad. Just hope he's not prone to hamstring or knee injuries.

Just leave him as the out ball on defensive set pieces and tell the defenders "don't bother playing through the press and risking a turnover there, just honk it in the rough direction of Przemek and tell him to leg it!"

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

He obviously is - I've mentioned on another thread the absolutely ridiculous speed he was travelling as he was getting up to the play for our goal (look out for him on the bottom of the screen). 

Mind you, the fastest player we've had in the last ten years or so was Ritchie De Laet - and although he was lightning quick he couldn't really play football - I'm trusting that as well as the pace Mr Placheta has the footballing ability to go with it. 

Just watched the replay- he gets from the halfway line to the box in around 2 seconds.

Mental 

An RAF spokesman updated the community last night, "We had many reports yesterday afternoon of an extremely loud noise that rattled windows and scared animals. RAF Typhoon jets were scrambled as we tracked an unknown object on radar. Upon further investigation, the police are pleased to announce that there is no danger to the public. The source of this noise has been traced to a Mr Przemysław Płacheta who was witnessed breaking the sound barrier at the John Smith's stadium. The RAF have requested that he should file civilian flight plans if he intends to do this again. We are sure that the local Huddersfield community will be pleased to know that he has no current plans on returning to the area in the near future".

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

If only we had a left footed deep lying playmaker who could pick out. the clever early runs of Pukki and Placheta. The smartness of Pukkis timing, allied with Plachetas pace will give defences a real headache. Do we watch the cute striker or the impossible to catch winger. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

If I were a mod, anyone who just posts "Discuss" would get banned.

Discuss?

• Haha 1

I’ve never taken really taken any notice of pace in players and until I’d seen some posts mentioning the speed he ran to the run up to the goal and watched the highlights I hadn’t seen it, as although I watched the full game I was always focused on the ball. He ran like a rocket and just like others have said I think him and Hernandez could turn out as a deadly combination for the match day squad, one to start, one for the bench as they work out great to bring on against tired legs

I thought him and Idah bought a threat and certainly appear to link with Pukki, could Idah actually be that number 10 we need, someone to actually drop back and forward to support Pukki more? I don’t know maybe a 4-4-2 with wingers might be a better platform? Placheta certainly exciting to watch could be this years gem like Buendia was a couple years back.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Hernandez on one wing and him on the other

untouchable!

In theory, absolutely. However it would cause a rather different problem as it means we've no real pace to bring on off the bench. I'd rather keep Buendia, Dowell, or even Rupp on the other, then when one of the speedsters gets tired, throw on the other. Alternatively, use that as an ultra-attacking subs bench and bring both on after 70. Onel in particular has always looked particularly dangerous against tiring defenders.

I agree that it's a mouth-watering prospect, but it may be a bit too unbalanced for it to work as well for a prolonged period as many would hope it does. Unless we get it to go two or three up and then take them off after 65 or so to manage the workload. 

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

In theory, absolutely. However it would cause a rather different problem as it means we've no real pace to bring on off the bench. I'd rather keep Buendia, Dowell, or even Rupp on the other, then when one of the speedsters gets tired, throw on the other. Alternatively, use that as an ultra-attacking subs bench and bring both on after 70. Onel in particular has always looked particularly dangerous against tiring defenders.

I agree that it's a mouth-watering prospect, but it may be a bit too unbalanced for it to work as well for a prolonged period as many would hope it does. Unless we get it to go two or three up and then take them off after 65 or so to manage the workload. 

Oh yeah, we are a long way away from seeing what works best. 

I’ll say this though. Chasing a game, pukki, Hernandez hugill and placheta. That’s a lot of pressure on a Tiring defence!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Oh yeah, we are a long way away from seeing what works best. 

I’ll say this though. Chasing a game, pukki, Hernandez hugill and placheta. That’s a lot of pressure on a Tiring defence!

With Aarons coming up a flank and Buendia knocking around somewhere. Sounds pretty damned entertaining.

Anyone else wondered if we should nickname Placheta "See You Later"? OK, just me then...

Edited by TheGunnShow

If his 35.22kph recorded at Wroclaw is accurate, it places him comfortably in the top 10 fastest professional players worldwide. Would say that was pretty rapid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

With Aarons coming up a flank and Buendia knocking around somewhere. Sounds pretty damned entertaining.

Anyone else wondered if we should nickname Placheta "See You Later"? OK, just me then...

In a game chasing scenario I’d have buendia behind 2 strikers with skipp or a holding midfielder anchoring it. Obviously playing that way all the time isn’t an option but it’s nice to have it in the bank. We definitely missed a number 10 yesterday for general play. Get Emi central and get him pulling the strings I say

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

In a game chasing scenario I’d have buendia behind 2 strikers with skipp or a holding midfielder anchoring it. Obviously playing that way all the time isn’t an option but it’s nice to have it in the bank. We definitely missed a number 10 yesterday for general play. Get Emi central and get him pulling the strings I say

Yep, that's his long-term position, most definitely. Todd's as well.

9 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

If his 35.22kph recorded at Wroclaw is accurate, it places him comfortably in the top 10 fastest professional players worldwide. Would say that was pretty rapid.

According to some quick googling..

The 10 fastest footballers in the world

1. Kylian Mbappe - 36km/h

2. Inaki Williams - 35.7km/h

3. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - 35.5km/h

4. Karim Bellarabi - 35.27km/h

5. Kyle Walker - 35.21km/h

6. Leroy Sane - 35.04km/h

7. Mohamed Salah - 35km/h

8. Kingsley Coman - 35km/h

9. Alvaro Odriozola - 34.99km/h

10. Nacho Fernandez - 34.62km/h

He would be in 5th, although this list is a year or two old.  Adama has been tracked at 37 which would make him the new number one however.

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

If only we had a left footed deep lying playmaker who could pick out. the clever early runs of Pukki and Placheta. The smartness of Pukkis timing, allied with Plachetas pace will give defences a real headache. Do we watch the cute striker or the impossible to catch winger. 

Christ give it a rest. The guy is 31, can't run, can't tackle, and can't stay fit. 

Move on from Mario ffs. 

4 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Christ give it a rest. The guy is 31, can't run, can't tackle, and can't stay fit. 

Move on from Mario ffs. 

🎣😉😇👍

2 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

I haven’t seen Placheta play yet but I do remember Ruel Fox was pretty lively. 

As was Errol Crossan 

16 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Move on from Mario ffs. 

👍😇🐟

Fwiw think I read Placheta is 22nd fastest.

1 hour ago, Indy said:

I thought him and Idah bought a threat and certainly appear to link with Pukki, could Idah actually be that number 10 we need, someone to actually drop back and forward to support Pukki more? I don’t know maybe a 4-4-2 with wingers might be a better platform? Placheta certainly exciting to watch could be this years gem like Buendia was a couple years back.

It was definitely a statement that we weren’t happy with a point and fancied the gamble playing 2 forwards. This might be a real asset when teams park the bus, especially games at Carrow road. 

• Like 1