Sign in to follow this  
Bill

News from the farmyard

Time to apologise Billo, hovering around sucking up to people on an anti Binner thread started by you is Populist in the extreme......transparent and pathetic. You resmble the politicians that you despise more each day. Laughable chap. Just admit you accused the wrong person and then you can carry on being ignored as usual.

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Time to apologise Billo, hovering around sucking up to people on an anti Binner thread started by you is Populist in the extreme......transparent and pathetic. You resmble the politicians that you despise more each day. Laughable chap. Just admit you accused the wrong person and then you can carry on being ignored as usual.

Painted himself into a corner with this - and other things - and his pride and/or stubbornness won’t let him say the ‘ S ‘ word.

Silly in the extreme as he does post some good stuff on here. If he could just say sorry and not call everyone who disagrees with him a ‘ lefty ‘, ‘ numpty ‘ or ‘ liar ‘ we could rub along so much better.

Does he REALLY enjoy being the pariah of this message board ? 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bill said:

' maybe there'll be another visit in 20 years time to see how they are doing

Maybe there will be a poster who will pay another visit to this forum in 20 years time ?

26 minutes ago, ricardo said:

His aunt lived on Earlham Rd and I have a vague recollection of all us West Earlham kids walking up there in the hope of seeing him.

That's a bit like when Henry Cooper  stayed in  a holiday Chalet in Stalham, we were tearing all over the village on our bikes trying to get a glimpse. Have a feeling our parents were sending us on wild goose chases .

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Painted himself into a corner with this - and other things - and his pride and/or stubbornness won’t let him say the ‘ S ‘ word.

Silly in the extreme as he does post some good stuff on here. If he could just say sorry and not call everyone who disagrees with him a ‘ lefty ‘, ‘ numpty ‘ or ‘ liar ‘ we could rub along so much better.

Does he REALLY enjoy being the pariah of this message board ? 

Yes

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

His aunt lived on Earlham Rd and I have a vague recollection of all us West Earlham kids walking up there in the hope of seeing him.

We did 1953 with reminiscence group and quite a few had similar memories to share.

10 hours ago, Bill said:

'you only fit them once' said Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBPWJfq4dDA

or not, as it would appear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86oQ1qr-0cU

the binners said they would only be in L1 once - maybe there'll be another visit in 20 years time to see how they are doing

They nearly had to fit them three times..

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/leisure/books/10690386.book-gives-insight-about-life-in-the-tan-hill-inn-north-yorkshire/

We went to the pub in the 90s (by car!) It had its own book then but I've since lost the copy I bought. Got a decent pint but the very best bit was the visitors book and the tales of the Pennine walkers. It is bleak but I do remember a bus stop...

It appears our impoverished neighbours will know their fate today as L1 make a decision on how they finish the season

To me it would make sense for the top 8 to play a knockout to decide goes through - given that 5 of them are on 59 points

I am not sure if it would be financially viable for most to play the remaining games given that their income will be dependant on (non-existent) gate money

It appears that you are still a snivelling wimp Bilious.

To me it would make sense if you swallowed your bloated sense of self Importance and apogise to me , and while you're at it to Tillo for your blatant lies about us.

I am not sure that you are man enough to admit that you are wrong , very wrong.

I am not sure that you are financially able to cover the cost, should i/we decide to sue you for aforementioned lies, as I have been advised to do so. Running out of time Billy boy.

Edited by wcorkcanary

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

To me it would make sense if you swallowed your bloated sense of self Importance and apogise to me , and while you're at it to Tillo for your blatant lies about us.

I am not sure that you are financially able to cover the cost, should i/we decide to sue you for aforementioned lies, as I have been advised to do so. Running out of time Billy boy.

I just pooped back in to this thread to see whether an apology had been forthcoming and seems not.

Can't say I'm surprised, in his head he's always right and that job in this world is solely reserved for Mrs Biscuit 😁

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I just pooped back in to this thread to see whether an apology had been forthcoming and seems not.

This thread has plenty of p-o-o-p already 😝

Edited by Icecream Snow

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

When I started reading this, I debated telling you to leave it alone, it's obviously not happening and he's not worth your effort (and probably enjoys the attention)... H.O.W.E.V.E.R. I then saw the prospect of legal action - which I have no idea if it could even actually happen and be successful - and I did a U-turn. Do it, do it, do it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Can't say I'm surprised, in his head he's always right and that job in this world is solely reserved for Mrs Biscuit 😁

If there is legal action then you realize Mrs Biscuit may be called as an expert witness on omniscience?😃

• Haha 1

I'm happy they're staying down, I'm happy Coventry and Rotherham are coming up, but still, PPG is such unfair BS. Out of every choice to me it seems like the least fair, they might as well have just simulated the rest of the season on Football Manager

On 07/06/2020 at 23:01, PurpleCanary said:

Interesting year, 1953. First ascent (probably) of Everest, much hyped as a British triumph but the two who made it to the top were a Nepalese-Indian and a Kiwi, and the first ascent by a Brit was in 1975. But the real achievement was England winning back the Ashes after 19 years.

1953 was a great year. It was the year:

Everest was conquered

The Queen had her coronation

Stan Matthews got a FA Cup winner’s medal

The Ashes were re-won by England

and the true highlight of the year:

I made my debut in the world.

A vintage year hardly does it credit. 🙂

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

If there is legal action then you realize Mrs Biscuit may be called as an expert witness on omniscience?😃

No problem.

Can you make it a long drawn out court case as I've been in lockdown with her now for 15wks so could do with a break 😂

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

She may have a rival, mrs WCorko is fairly feisty  too. I once had to stop her piling in on two guys who at first glance looked like they were harassing  a woman at a festival, turned out they were undercover cops arresting a drug dealer. The 5seconds that it took for the true story to become apparent  probably saved us getting into a sticky situation.

Billy Liar Take note, one day that hair trigger of yours will be your undoing.  Not everyone is your enemy despite your attempts to make them so. You are racking up the numbers though.  Silly Billy 'goes off' too soon  .... 

1 hour ago, Crafty Canary said:

1953 was a great year. It was the year:

Everest was conquered

The Queen had her coronation

Stan Matthews got a FA Cup winner’s medal

The Ashes were re-won by England

and the true highlight of the year:

I made my debut in the world.

A vintage year hardly does it credit. 🙂

You forgot the great floods!

37 minutes ago, Indy said:

You forgot the great floods!

It does seem to have been forgotten about but it was devastating with little warning as it made it's way down the coast faster than the news could. So many tragic accounts too. I saw a piece of film where a guy was saying he missed his bus home from Norwich and when he got home the next day his house and family were gone. Over 300 lost their lives and when it hit The Netherlands the death toll was there was six times that.

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It does seem to have been forgotten about but it was devastating with little warning as it made it's way down the coast faster than the news could. So many tragic accounts too. I saw a piece of film where a guy was saying he missed his bus home from Norwich and when he got home the next day his house and family were gone. Over 300 lost their lives and when it hit The Netherlands the death toll was there was six times that.

My Nan and grandad moved from Oxford to Lowestoft in 1974, I was amazed to see some old photos of my grandads workshop he bought in Lowestoft in the floods of 53 before my grandad passed away. The photos I’ve seen all down the coast were truly awful.

Edited by Indy

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

My Nan and grandad moved from Oxford to Lowestoft in 1974, I was amazed to see some old photos of my grandads workshop he bought in Lowestoft in the floods of 53 before my grandad passed away. The photos I’ve seen all down the coast were truly awful.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/features/the-floods-of-1953-graphic-how-it-all-unfolded-1-1831954

Worst peace-time disaster. Yet it's rarely mentioned anywhere. 

26 minutes ago, Indy said:

My wife's Grandad lived in Sea Palling in 1953,a stones throw from the gap by the Lifeboat Pub or Reef bar as it was called last time I was there, he survived  as did the house but there is a salt line in the brickwork at about 6 feet that has never completely disappeared. 

• Like 1

I’ll see if mum has the photo still, if I can find it I’ll post it, it was a photo of a photo, with the date written on it. Small workshop next door to the old Vauxhall petrol service station on St Johns road, he had a workshop above a fibreglass repair business. Real old school used to go in through a small door, up a set of really narrow steps, I believe it’s a converted apartment now!

Its good to read all your memories, even if some of them are a tad worrying at the time.

Edited by Indy

A truly horrific disaster, as many of those who lost their lives did not have any means of being warned.

I watched a documentary in 2003, which had some quite harrowing stories by survivors

The disquiet continues in The land of the Rising Debt..

The gripe being that their grubby little club has now finished below Gillingham.

Gillingham, they bleat. It is also below recent non league Oxford and Fleetwood,

How this will impact on season ticket sales will have to be seen. Who they can sell to stave of financial collapse will have to be seen. But I suspect the ability to bring in loanees from clubs will be severely curtailed.

ps Congratulations to Coventry, now lets see the playing back in Coventry

So we have a 75% chance of either Wycombe, Oxford or Fleetwood coming up to the Championship and Portsmouth staying down with both Sunderland and Ipswich. So a good chance that Ipswich won't be promoted next year either, w/o even considering who comes down from the Championship.