Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Payments to Sky

oh dear - I don't think you quite understand that sketch

one of the important parts is that they are blatantly making it up

whereas the above is based on known and provable facts

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

why are you paying for TV which is free ?

For channels that are not available via terrestrial or Freeview for example Sky Witness, Sky Atlantic and Sky Nature. I take it you receive 11 Sky Sports Channels ?

Edited by TIL 1010

Bill, 

Can you give advise on the furlough scheme too - Martin Lewis covered the sports channels and energy providers  last night, before furlough, so would appreciate your guidance on that too please. 

Much appreciated. 

• Haha 3

Like Tilly I am a top tier VIP Sky customer and grt through in minutes on the phone.  The monthly sports subscription is increasing as sports open up again. You do have to challenge their prices as they will reduce them if they think they will lose them. Just tell the person you speak to that you are thinking of leaving and want to talk to the retention team. These are the people who can offer the best discounts.

From 8th September I will be paying £125 per month but this covers everything - full tv package including full sports, cinema, box sets, SkyQ 2TB box plus mini box for the tv in the kitchen diner, fibre max broadband, line rental, anytime calls and voicemail. I also pay £7 per month for the SIM data plane for our iphones which gives us free calls and texts as we are Sky tv customers and  1GB data that rolls over if we don’t use it all. We currently have 20+ GB rolled over. I will be negotiating a new deal soon as our current discounts end in September. I will use the sports and cinema packages as leverage as I’m happy to drop them as I haven’t missed the sports during lockdown as we watch a lot on Netflix.

53 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Is this a new thing this price comparison City1st speaks of as i would never dream of searching around for home and car insurance plus gas and electricity tariffs every year. 😂

I hope you are joking Tilly. If you are serious then you are being taken for a mug as the best deals go to new customers. I always do a multiple quote comparison for car and home insurance.

One of my boys renewed his car insurance staying with the same insurance company by not renewing the renewal offer on his policy then going online as a new customer at a lower Premium. When he phoned them and pointed out that the online quote was over £100 cheaper than the renewal premium he was told that they couldn’t match over the phone. Crazy!

I pay 9 bob a week to Radio Rentals and nip up Mousehold for some kindling every Wednesday.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I pay 9 bob a week to Radio Rentals and nip up Mousehold for some kindling every Wednesday.

Kindling, you lucky b@rst@rd. We have to have the bones removed from our legs, dry them and them put them on the fire.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

I hope you are joking Tilly. If you are serious then you are being taken for a mug as the best deals go to new customers. I always do a multiple quote comparison for car and home insurance.

it was indeed a joke Crafty.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I cannot because it is such a mess of a site

Yet you managed to build a bundle for £45 earlier in the thread so how does that work ?

32 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Like Tilly I am a top tier VIP Sky customer and grt through in minutes on the phone.  The monthly sports subscription is increasing as sports open up again. You do have to challenge their prices as they will reduce them if they think they will lose them. Just tell the person you speak to that you are thinking of leaving and want to talk to the retention team. These are the people who can offer the best discounts.

From 8th September I will be paying £125 per month but this covers everything - full tv package including full sports, cinema, box sets, SkyQ 2TB box plus mini box for the tv in the kitchen diner, fibre max broadband, line rental, anytime calls and voicemail. I also pay £7 per month for the SIM data plane for our iphones which gives us free calls and texts as we are Sky tv customers and  1GB data that rolls over if we don’t use it all. We currently have 20+ GB rolled over. I will be negotiating a new deal soon as our current discounts end in September. I will use the sports and cinema packages as leverage as I’m happy to drop them as I haven’t missed the sports during lockdown as we watch a lot on Netflix.

Sounds right Crafty as i have a mate who also has the all singing and dancing package and it costs him around £120.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yet you managed to build a bundle for £45 earlier in the thread so how does that work ?

oh dear.... slowly

that was based on your original post

the second post was a little more defined which could not be located

and if you do check then why were you looking up plusnet as you must have already checked which was the best

and I am happy to try and help others, if it upsets you then that's your problem

for car insurance get quotes as early as possible as their idea is that when it's a day or so away you have no choice

and good for you that you can get through straight away - I can't say that as I have not had to use technical support

as to what I get, then I am not going to pay for obscure channels that I wouldn't watch - as anything on sky can easily be found for free on the internet, as with pretty everything else - remember Bill TV for games

Good grief only you could start an argument in an empty phone box to try and prove you are right. I repeat my deal for what i receive i believe to be good within a quid or two. Don't concern yourself with how i spend my money or whether i choose to receive channels you may not tickle your fancy whether that be Sky Arts, Sky Nature or Sky drama series etc.

As for your patronising twaddle about car insurance believe it or not the world and its auntie knows about comparison sites. It is 2020 you know and by the way you can only get quotes within 30 days of renewal dates.

Edited by TIL 1010

5 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

It does include Broadland and telephone including all calls wcorkio which i think is pretty good unless you have a better deal ?

Not knocking it for value Tillo , just not fond of them as a company.  My only comms bill is 40 euro a month, 30 meg broadband from a local company  , line of sight shot. Incl calls. T' missus  pays TV licence as I wont( theres nowt on that interests me).....she loves a soap opera . I try to keep regular outgoings to a minimum , just prefer not to have my bank account drained as not on a fixed income . Its feast or famine in this house....keeps me on my toes.

oh dear plod.... you do get yourself so worked up

the post was not aimed solely at you, as pointed out

and as to argument then why not explain why every post has been negative towards me

I am fully aware of the time scale in getting car insurance quote - hence the words 'as early as you can'

and I have not made any derogatory comments about how you spend your money - merely offering up suggestions in the spirit of goodwillI

I can only wonder what motivates an old codger to get so worked up and obsessed (see fixtures thread) - it is not good for the old ticker, why not relax and watch one of those naturist nature programme instead, it might calm you down a bit

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

oh dear plod.... you do get yourself so worked up

the post was not aimed solely at you, as pointed out

and as to argument then why not explain why every post has been negative towards me

I am fully aware of the time scale in getting car insurance quote - hence the words 'as early as you can'

and I have not made any derogatory comments about how you spend your money - merely offering up suggestions in the spirit of goodwillI

I can only wonder what motivates an old codger to get so worked up and obsessed (see fixtures thread) - it is not good for the old ticker, why not relax and watch one of those naturist nature programme instead, it might calm you down a bit

Is it a wonder that God knows how many posters have blocked you or why many others do not answer your posts where you invite a response, ever stepped back and considered why ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Kindling, you lucky b@rst@rd. We have to have the bones removed from our legs, dry them and them put them on the fire.

Legs? Legs??? You lucky ba€stards, the only legs we ever saw growing up were falling from a skip round the back of the local butchers! What we would have given to have legs!!!

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Is it a wonder that God knows how many posters have blocked you or why many others do not answer your posts where you invite a response, ever stepped back and considered why ?

Have you ever considered that I am not bothered - or asked yourself why you seem so obsessed with me

Following me around the forum like some senile weirdo

I really am not that bothered.... honest 😍

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

Have you ever considered that I am not bothered - or asked yourself why you seem so obsessed with me

Following me around the forum like some senile weirdo

I really am not that bothered.... honest 😍

Pot and kettle come to mind when i see you using the expression senile weirdo. As for not bothered you are a total irrelevance to me believe me but blocking you will achieve nothing. Did you take that step back and wondered why you are blocked by so many and others do not respond to your guff. Lack of self awareness in all its glory.

Quite the opposite Bill. I was using it as an example of how posters were telling us how much they were paying (or not).

I am anticipating someone saying that SKY pays them £100 a week, allows them **** **** with Kay Burley and 3 trillion mpbs.

Yes this is a football site but some obviously forget that 'er indoors might want to watch some programs that extraterrestrial broadcast.

Some people like to drink half a dozen cans or a bottle of wine a night at home but moan about paying for extra media.

Its like some moan about the price of fuel which locally here is £1.06 a litre and pay £1.20 for a bottle of Adam's Ale

9 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Quite the opposite Bill. I was using it as an example of how posters were telling us how much they were paying (or not).

I am anticipating someone saying that SKY pays them £100 a week, allows them **** **** with Kay Burley and 3 trillion mpbs.

Yes this is a football site but some obviously forget that 'er indoors might want to watch some programs that extraterrestrial broadcast.

Some people like to drink half a dozen cans or a bottle of wine a night at home but moan about paying for extra media.

Its like some moan about the price of fuel which locally here is £1.06 a litre and pay £1.20 for a bottle of Adam's Ale

I've swigged some $hite in my time - but no way am I gonna drink a litre of unleaded.....as cheap as it is at the mo'.....

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Petrol is 99.7p a litre at Tesco and Sainsburys here in the Fine City kg but then again you could look it up on a price comparison website.

https://petrolmap.co.uk/petrol-prices/norfolk/norwich

😜

37 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

allows them **** **** with Kay Burley

Why would anyone want to do anything with Kay Burley ?

51 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Pot and kettle come to mind when i see you using the expression senile weirdo. As for not bothered you are a total irrelevance to me believe me but blocking you will achieve nothing. Did you take that step back and wondered why you are blocked by so many and others do not respond to your guff. Lack of self awareness in all its glory.

so at least you accept there is a pot to go with the kettle - which demonstrates my point

as to your bleat about who has blocked me, is this some kind of playground style taunt ?

is this the level you have sunk to  ?am I supposed to be concerned..... that you take such in interest in me, then yes there is good reason to be

and am I supposed to be impressed that you once were a copper ?

I judge by what I find  - not by someone's inflated sense of self worth, propped up by some long dead actor of whom you know little

and if I have pricked the balloon of your pomposity then all the better - otherwise maybe it is time for you to lighten up

and srop trying to throw your weight about 😊

I pay £38 for Sky Sports in HD. All sport, not just football. There are lots of other channels included that I don't watch. American rubbish.

Should I be paying less? I get all the other stuff from EE

5 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Having had both, Virgin Media is streets ahead of Sky in terms of reliability and customer service. The broadband speeds are incredible and with as many as 6 users online at the same time there has never been a noticeable slowdown in download or upload speeds.

Seconded. I currently have Sky, but only because Virgin is not available in my area (insert joke here) 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

We have, so I would kindly ask you to stop quoting him. Thank you in advance!

• Haha 2