Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Payments to Sky

4 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Seconded. I currently have Sky, but only because Virgin is not available in my area (insert joke here) 

We have, so I would kindly ask you to stop quoting him. Thank you in advance!

Good point!  I wont block anyone as so far no one has rattled my cage enough  for me to do so.  I will stop quoting  Bilious though as it's a waste of digital space.

15 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I will stop quoting  Bilious though as it's a waste of digital space.

Somebody has said to me only this afternoon wcorkio that it is less painful to bang your head against a brick wall than attempt to engage with him.

Agree here about haggling with Sky. Mine would have been (all in) £76 and rising after 3 months to north of £84. Sports plus all the rest (incl BB, landline, etc).Now fixed £58 for just over a year. That's enough for me. Also a VIP but no idea really what that means as cannot see much plus side to it at all. The emails you get periodically offer stuff that isn't really my thing. If anyone can tell me advantages let me know🙂

Edited by sonyc

They will make quite amazing offers but you have to be prepared to actually leave for a couple of months for them to start making them. Mine went to over £100 for broadband, phone and sport which I thought was ridiculous. Rang them and they dropped it to £80 something and I said no and left. After a month I got an offer through the post which I ignored, followed by a better one which I accepted. £49 all in from memory but had to sign up for 18 months. It’s now crept up to £72 a month and they’ve still got me......

27 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Somebody has said to me only this afternoon wcorkio that it is less painful to bang your head against a brick wall than attempt to engage with him.

Yep, I dont quite get why all the venom  from him . His last accusations regarding the British  Legion, France and his alleged alcoholism  left me non plussed. I suddenly became the enemy  and Chrust knows why. Thing is , I do have family connections with the BL and periodically,my youth was spent running up and down peoples garden  paths delivering wreaths , Poppies, Crosses ,badges and donation boxes.  If someone did pilfer a grand from them somehow  then let the wheel of karma take care of it, mercilessly.  Incidentally  does anyone know who did accuse him of rhis? I'd like to know the details.  France and boozing doesn't  concern me , except also untrue accusations. 

The  maddest thing if all is that I can remember  defending him when he was getting a bit of gyp a few years back.... mostly finding him mildly amusing but lately he has become a bit more snappy , a touch highly strung, somewhat tetchy.  In short I no longer engage with him in his style of trench warfare but adopt guerilla  tactics... log on , give him a piece  of my mind and move on. 

This British Legion thing has nagged at me though.   Can anybody...even Bill, if he can get his ducks in a row, explain what that's all about.

Preparing to engage, briefly. 

21 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Yep, I dont quite get why all the venom  from him . His last accusations regarding the British  Legion, France and his alleged alcoholism  left me non plussed. I suddenly became the enemy  and Chrust knows why. Thing is , I do have family connections with the BL and periodically,my youth was spent running up and down peoples garden  paths delivering wreaths , Poppies, Crosses ,badges and donation boxes.  If someone did pilfer a grand from them somehow  then let the wheel of karma take care of it, mercilessly.  Incidentally  does anyone know who did accuse him of rhis? I'd like to know the details.  France and boozing doesn't  concern me , except also untrue accusations. 

The  maddest thing if all is that I can remember  defending him when he was getting a bit of gyp a few years back.... mostly finding him mildly amusing but lately he has become a bit more snappy , a touch highly strung, somewhat tetchy.  In short I no longer engage with him in his style of trench warfare but adopt guerilla  tactics... log on , give him a piece  of my mind and move on. 

This British Legion thing has nagged at me though.   Can anybody...even Bill, if he can get his ducks in a row, explain what that's all about.

Preparing to engage, briefly. 

Not sure you can make the statement that you no longer engage, and then - immediately - engage. 😉 

Edit- I have zero clue what the content of your message means. I did not see the need to make a furhter comment only to say, I don't know what you're talking about!!

Edited by All the Germans

Just now, All the Germans said:

Not sure you can make the statement that you no longer engage, and then - immediately - engage. 😉 

That was my point. I am prepared to, in order to find out more. He mentioned it, so  therefore already knows more about it than I. If he can remain civil , I am very interested  to hear more. It's not a biggy, if he gets uppity then maybe someone else can inform me  as to what was said. I am presuming it was on here.

10 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Everybody has different deals with Sky with discounts based on loyalty. I have been a Sky customer for 21 years and before the lockdown  the Sports element of my package was £20 a month. Looking at my future bills it is reinstated to the £20 in July but only a part payment in June. You need to remember that you pay in advance so the June payment for Sports will kick in on 17th of the month when football returns.

I am what they describe as a VIP customer because of the length of time i have been with them which gives you priority whenever you ring up which basically means you jump the queue and i rang them last week as my discounts were about to end this month to discuss a new discount package and got an answer within a couple of minutes. New deal sorted within 15 minutes and paying £87 a month for the lot, TV, Broadband and Sky Talk.

Does that include phone line rental  which is £20pm or cheaper if you pay in annually upfront?

I didn't get any reduction on my subscription for watching it on the wireless.

Can't wait for Canary Call.

Helloooo Neyul...

4 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Why would anyone want to do anything with Kay Burley ?

Have to respectfully disagree with you there Fenway. She's still a fox!

4 hours ago, paddycanary said:

Seconded.  Strange time to be posting, I know. Just getting light. Having a cup of tea before nipping out for  a dangle  with the Angle  and home in time for  brekky around 8. Always had a crush on Kay Burley. Shes a Vixen.

Edited by wcorkcanary

7 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Back to my question, has anybody’s payments started to go up ?

My latest bill runs to 19 June and hasn't been increased

12 hours ago, Diane said:

Does that include phone line rental  which is £20pm or cheaper if you pay in annually upfront?

Line rental and Broadband are now just one subscription and you can bolt on what is called Sky Talk ( unlimited calls 24/7 ) for an additional fee. These fees vary depending on what you negotiate and loyalty.

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

My latest bill runs to 19 June and hasn't been increased

That is because you pay in advance dylan and as PL returns on 17th i would think your next bill will show it reinstated. You can look it up online under future bills for 3 months in advance. My bills are payable on 7th of each month and can view my advance payments for July, August and September.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Line rental and Broadband are now just one subscription and you can bolt on what is called Sky Talk ( unlimited calls 24/7 ) for an additional fee. These fees vary depending on what you negotiate and loyalty.

I have the same, entertainment tv package with box sets on top and pay about £50. 

23 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I have the same, entertainment tv package with box sets on top and pay about £50. 

The key issue now though is that all of us who have contracts have now granted Sky very important access to our wallets whilst others will be able to watch for free.

Southampton game available on Freeview Channel 11.

14 hours ago, All the Germans said:

Not sure you can make the statem😉ent that you no longer engage, and then - immediately - engage.  

Edit- I have zero clue what the content of your message means. I did not see the need to make a furhter comment only to say, I don't know what you're talking about!!

Looking for logic on an internet forum?😁

14 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Back to my question, has anybody’s payments started to go up ?

Mine hasn’t gone up for previous months. It will kick in again from 19 June though and as you pay a mo th in advance you will likely see some pro rata increase in your next payment and back to full the month after.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/pause-sky-sports

There’s an FAQ “I paused my subscription, when will I start to pay..”

13 hours ago, paddycanary said:

No Jago though is she ?

59 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

No Jago though is she ?

Becky Jago    Kay Burley Reveals Failed Married Life, Two Husbands ...  

You forced me to look her up! Not sure it's a fair comparison given the age disparity. Perhaps a certain poster on here might have ready-made images of both of them in their mid-20s for a more equitable scientific assessment in the spirit of a purely non-sexist, unobjectifying & post 'me-too' mentality?

1 hour ago, paddycanary said:

Becky Jago    Kay Burley Reveals Failed Married Life, Two Husbands ...  

You forced me to look her up! Not sure it's a fair comparison given the age disparity. Perhaps a certain poster on here might have ready-made images of both of them in their mid-20s for a more equitable scientific assessment in the spirit of a purely non-sexist, unobjectifying & post 'me-too' mentality?

Happy to help if i could paddy but according to City1st i only post photos of ' half naked teenage girls ' so i cannot oblige as City1st only posts facts and never lies apparently.

Better get City 1st on the judging panel as whatever he says must be right but Burley will be nailed on as Jago’s an Ipswich fan.

I gather he’s not keen on face masks but as she’s infected with that IP1 postcode he’ll probably suggest she wears a brown paper bag over her head 😁

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Happy to help if i could paddy but according to City1st i only post photos of ' half naked teenage girls ' so i cannot oblige as City1st only posts facts and never lies apparently.

He definitely  lied about me accusing  him of theft from the  British Legion, him living in France and my apparent slander of his good name by calling him an alky....... which of course I didnt.  

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

He definitely  lied about me accusing  him of theft from the  British Legion, him living in France and my apparent slander of his good name by calling him an alky....... which of course I didnt.  

Oh i forgot i was also accused of getting him banned for a few hours however that works.

8 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

but Burley will be nailed on as Jago’s an Ipswich fan.

Jago may be a Bingirl  but Burley has a Bin name. Gone off her a bit now, thanks me.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Oh i forgot i was also accused of getting him banned for a few hours however that works.

We're probably the same person in his mind.  Now that would be some split personality!!

Edited by wcorkcanary

Til,

Your original comment about your Sky package has made me check all my bills - I think you've got a good deal compared to what I'm paying.

It seems there is a business opportunity for all the clever **** to sell their advice/knowledge to help idiots like me.

My arrangements are with BT,  Sky, Netflix & Prime and include multiple screens/licences/mobiles for a geographically dispersed (normally) household of 5,  and is all legally legit but it costs over £200/month (before any temporary rebates from Sky & BT).