Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

2 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

I’ve been following him on Twitter and I’ve never seen him say that so I believe you’re mistaken on that. I also highly doubt someone as experienced as him would put their reputation on the line with such a comment. Watch the interview, it’s interesting 

Twitter don’t take things down lightly.

8 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Twitter don’t take things down lightly.

No they would be under orders to do it from the powers that be. As I said I’ve watched most of it, haven’t had time to watch it all as yet as I’m busy but I’ve seen no reason to take it down. Makes some incredibly valid points and I’ve never seen him make any anti vax comment at all in interviews or on twitter. I’d also be surprised if the ex Vice President of Pfizer and founder of their own pharmaceutical company would make any anti vax comments 

Edited by Teemu’s right foot

The Danish report on masks seemingly was mangled by the Spectator.

"Facebook have rated Heneghan’s face masks article in @spectator as fake news… which is a pretty astonishing position for an Oxford professor of evidence-based medicine to get themselves into."

Martin F Robbins

Edited by Herman
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

No they would be under orders to do it from the powers that be. As I said I’ve watched most of it, haven’t had time to watch it all as yet as I’m busy but I’ve seen no reason to take it down. Makes some incredibly valid points and I’ve never seen him make any anti vax comment at all in interviews or on twitter

Mustn't argue with the SAGE model or they'll send the boys round.

Anyone with any sense could see the models would never match the unfolding reality. If was just a scare tactic it probably served a purpose.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

The Danish report on masks seemingly was mangled by the Spectator.

Thanks Herman

The guy cut of the findings and made his own up. The actual paper submitted says masks were 43% more efficient, but it was only a small study. There also weren’t 190 infections.

The latest one that twitter took down says PCR tests don’t work and have been made up to invent Covid so governments can reset the economy. We can’t even agree cultures with each other let alone every Government on planet Earth  agreeing to invent a disease so they can reset the world

We learn today that SAGE rely on Wikipedia data 🤪

Professor Ian Hall revealed SAGE used Wikipedia to steer Britain through the coronavirus crisis.

I mean seriously, look at the drip.

Another interesting article on masks which answers why surgeons and nurses wear them 

Although surgeons do wear masks to prevent their respiratory droplets from contaminating the surgical field and the exposed internal tissues of our surgical patients, that is about as far as the analogy extends. Obviously, surgeons cannot "socially distance" from their surgical patients (unless we use robotic surgical devices, in which case, I would definitely not wear a mask). 

The CoVID-19 pandemic is about viral transmission. Surgical and cloth masks do nothing to prevent viral transmission. We should all realize by now that face masks have never been shown to prevent or protect against viral transmission. Which is exactly why they have never been recommended for use during the seasonal flu outbreak, epidemics, or previous pandemics. 

The failure of the scientific literature to support medical masks for influenza and all other viruses, is also why Fauci, the US Surgeon General, the CDC, WHO, and pretty much every infectious disease expert stated that wearing masks won't prevent transmission of SARS CoV-2. Although the public health "authorities" flipped, flopped, and later changed their recommendations, the science did not change, nor did new science appear that supported the wearing of masks in public. In fact, the most recent systemic analysis once again confirms that masks are ineffective in preventing the transmission of viruses like CoVID-19:

Peter Hitchens? Barrel scraping isn't apt enough.

I had a procedure hospital today. I wish I had refused to wear a mask and told them Hitchens said they were no use.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I had a procedure hospital today. I wish I had refused to wear a mask and told them Hitchens said they were no use.

I mean he didn’t write the article and merely provided the link to the article which was by a surgeon who’s performed over 10,000 operations and writes for a medical journal but yeah, whatever you say..

21 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Hope you're doing well, KG

31 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

I mean he didn’t write the article and merely provided the link to the article which was by a surgeon who’s performed over 10,000 operations and writes for a medical journal but yeah, whatever you say..

That post by Fauci was removed as fake news.

A video circulating on social media shows Dr Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), saying “there’s no reason to be walking around with a mask.” Fauci’s remarks were made on March 8, 2020 and do not represent his current stance on face coverings nor the updated guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

14 minutes ago, Well b back said:

That post by Fauci was removed as fake news.

A video circulating on social media shows Dr Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), saying “there’s no reason to be walking around with a mask.” Fauci’s remarks were made on March 8, 2020 and do not represent his current stance on face coverings nor the updated guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Strange that you don’t question the reasons behind these very sudden u-turns isn’t it? You’re not in the slightest bit curious as to why the majority of experts in the field including the who said that’s masks wouldn’t stop infections then suddenly changed years of advice with no new science to back it up?   I’ll give you a clue, political pressure 

One of the reasons that we were informed, by the government, not to wear masks was due to lack of stock. A sudden rush of millions of people wanting masks would have depleted every stock we had or could get hold of.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

Strange that you don’t question the reasons behind these very sudden u-turns isn’t it

Hardly sudden they happened in May and June. 

I'm a bit unsure about the way the vaccine will be allocated.

Over 80s first seems the wrong way round to me. Surely those working and more active should be first. A twenty year old waitress will have to wait while serving her. 80 year old customers.

And I will be 70 and getting the vaccine, sat next to Mrs KG at 67, who will have to wait longer.

6 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Hardly sudden they happened in May and June. 

I honestly can’t understand how somebody who comes across as intelligent and eager to be informed on certain aspects of this situation is then so blinded and closed minded on other issues where it’s evident we’re being told things that simply don’t add up. It’s been blatantly obvious for months that the wearing of masks was a political move and had nothing to do with the science and controlling a virus. I’m leaving it here now as there clearly is no way that any middle ground can be agreed on this

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Over 80s first seems the wrong way round to me. Surely those working and more active should be first. A twenty year old waitress will have to wait while serving her. 80 year old customers.

And I will be 70 and getting the vaccine, sat next to Mrs KG at 67, who will have to wait longer.

Because if you look at the data, the over 80's are the ones doing almost all the dying.

The 20 year old waitress is very likely to run out of customers.

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Hi KG

This is the guidelines as they stand, but how quickly it is administered depends on if the final Oxford results are positive. I assume that Hancocks thing tonight assumed that Oxford will be ok. Based on that he was saying he would expect many to be vaccinated by the end of January. They are of course subject to change.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/priority-groups-for-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-advice-from-the-jcvi-25-september-2020/jcvi-updated-interim-advice-on-priority-groups-for-covid-19-vaccination

Teemu said - I’m leaving it here now as there clearly is no way that any middle ground can be agreed on this

More fake news you posted again.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Teemu said - I’m leaving it here now as there clearly is no way that any middle ground can be agreed on this

More fake news you posted again.

You’re incredibly hard work. Leaving the masks here, my post had nothing to do with masks...

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Because if you look at the data, the over 80's are the ones doing almost all the dying.

The 20 year old waitress is very likely to run out of customers.

But she will be the one helping the economy back. Up to now, the economy has come second to health. But the vaccine gives us the hope of relief.

Surely by the time the vaccine is readily available, the R number will be back under 1 and the second wave going back down again.

The over 80's can probably be shielded. Even us Septegenarians could hang on a bit.

Why vaccinate me and not my wife next to me? If a 47 year old puts in stair lifts for pensioners, wouldn't it be better to jab him first?

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

But she will be the one helping the economy back. Up to now, the economy has come second to health. But the vaccine gives us the hope of relief.

Surely by the time the vaccine is readily available, the R number will be back under 1 and the second wave going back down again.

The over 80's can probably be shielded. Even us Septegenarians could hang on a bit.

Why vaccinate me and not my wife next to me? If a 47 year old puts in stair lifts for pensioners, wouldn't it be better to jab him first?

Yeah, but if older folk are not getting the virus, then the NHS can concentrate more on the backlog and  treating other conditions. Would imagine that is the approach Kg.

• Like 1

Purely anecdotal point, but interesting to see that the Trump camp has been rife in contracting and spreading Covid-19 and the Biden camp has seen very few cases. The Trump camp has eschewed wearing masks, the Biden camp has consistently worn them. Not a scientific analysis but certainly a comparison worth thinking about and investigating.

Edited by horsefly