Fuzzar

Corona Virus main thread

24 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Masks probably have little effect but if its only 1% its worth complying with the rules. I can't  see that it is something to get worked up about.

The figures show that social distancing has a massive effect and masks are definitely a large part of that.  I have first hand experience after a constantly coughing UK tourist sneezed gunge all over me in March in a hotel in the Gambia which lead to me being ill for a week or so. If he had at least been wearing a mask the consequences for me and potentially many others on his return flight could have been far less.

Edited by paul moy

2 hours ago, Herman said:

What part of "a small part of our armoury" don't you get? 

What part of huge environmental problem didn’t you get? Not a great trade off for hardly any benefit...

“The public are throwing away 53m masks each day in the UK in a waste mountain that risks creating a major environmental crisis, a waste company has said.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/18/coronavirus-face-masks-could-be-polluting-the-sea

Edited by Teemu’s right foot

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

All that proves is that we live in a country with some selfish and filthy pigs. 

Not your problem then? Just blame it on others... so over 350 million of these masks are being tossed away in this country alone every week, now times that globally, all for practically no benefit 

In the last few days

You have encouraged people not to wear masks

You have encouraged people not to take tests

You have encouraged people not to isolate

You have told people not to take a vaccine

And then you wonder why we had lockdowns

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Well b back said:

In the last few days

You have encouraged people not to wear masks

You have encouraged people not to take tests

You have encouraged people not to isolate

You have told people not to take a vaccine

And then you wonder why we had lockdowns

In the last few days I’ve 

questioned the advice on masks as there is no evidence they work and are causing an environmental problem 

done no such thing on vaccines just said I’m not having it so don’t lie

questioned the reliability of the tests as has been proven that they are not reliable 

again not once have I told people not to isolate who have tested positive, yet more lies....

1 minute ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

Not your problem then? Just blame it on others... so over 350 million of these masks are being tossed away in this country alone every week, now times that globally, all for practically no benefit 

Back to my original question. Your mask ‘ science ‘

With Pfizer, Oxford and BioNTech an estimated 130,000 were injected, not complete science but 50% with a placebo 65,000. Over 7 months they have struggled to get 250 people infected. These were as a higher risk as they could get many frontline doctors and nurses. Yet a guy in Denmark put 4800 on a study for a month, in the middle of summer when there was little transmission and managed to get 190 infected 3.9% ?. Based on that science you are telling people not to wear masks ? All I asked was do you have something better. Up here if the marshalls see you breaking the rules they have 12 scanner things. They advise you then you scan the advice onto your phone for reference, seems to go really well.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Back to my original question. Your mask ‘ science ‘

With Pfizer, Oxford and BioNTech an estimated 130,000 were injected, not complete science but 50% with a placebo 65,000. Over 7 months they have struggled to get 250 people infected. These were as a higher risk as they could get many frontline doctors and nurses. Yet a guy in Denmark put 4800 on a study for a month, in the middle of summer when there was little transmission and managed to get 190 infected 3.9% ?. Based on that science you are telling people not to wear masks ? All I asked was do you have something better. Up here if the marshalls see you breaking the rules they have 12 scanner things. They advise you then you scan the advice onto your phone for reference, seems to go really well.

Not just that science but all previous advice before the u-turn. It doesn’t sit well with me that billions of these things are being disposed of weekly on incredibly flimsy advice and evidence that they actually do any good. If you want to live in a country where you’re not free to actually question these things for yourself I’d suggest North Korea or China, personally I will continue to question these things as I believe we should all be free to do just that. The science on the masks for me has no justification for the impact these masks will have on an environmental scale 

After a family member died right at the beginning of this covid outbreak we have all worn masks. My great friend and motorcycling rider buddy died of the virus yesterday afternoon. His son has just informed me of his death. He would not wear a mask. Sad. Mask up folks.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

Not just that science but all previous advice before the u-turn. It doesn’t sit well with me that billions of these things are being disposed of weekly on incredibly flimsy advice and evidence that they actually do any good. If you want to live in a country where you’re not free to actually question these things for yourself I’d suggest North Korea or China, personally I will continue to question these things as I believe we should all be free to do just that. The science on the masks for me has no justification for the impact these masks will have on an environmental scale 

I pray your advice does not kill somebody.

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

I pray your advice does not kill somebody.

You’re quite the alarmist and drama queen!! It’s not my advice is it. I’m questioning how the official advice went from “ There is no evidence that masks work” to arresting and fining people who are not wearing them, especially when study’s continue to show there is no real evidence that they help. All this on top of us binning billions weekly and causing yet more environmental damage. Still it’s only the planet and nature that will suffer, what harm can that...

5 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

You’re quite the alarmist and drama queen!! It’s not my advice is it. I’m questioning how the official advice went from “ There is no evidence that’s masks work” 

It went from that because the science changed to confirm that it needed to be PART of your defence. Do masks work 100% on their own NO. Do masks work 100% as part of your protection NO. Do masks help in the defence to protect you YES. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Well b back said:

It went from that because the science changed to confirm that it needed to be PART of your defence. Do masks work 100% on their own NO. Do masks work 100% as part of your protection NO. Do masks help in the defence to protect you YES. 

A study this week has shown that supermarkets are the number 1 place for transmission of the virus. Mandatory masks all round in a supermarket so they appear to do very, very little. I wonder how many will end up in landfill and oceans by the time this is over, Any guesses? Half a trillion? A trillion or more. Such damage for such a small amount of benefit 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8966755/amp/Official-data-shows-supermarkets-common-exposure-setting-Covid-19.html

Why are hospitals spending a fortune on masks if they don't help? I'm sorry but its nonsense to suggest they don't help. Why are people accusing Trump's rejection of wearing them as criminal?

Just put one on and do as you are asked.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Why are hospitals spending a fortune on masks if they don't help? I'm sorry but its nonsense to suggest they don't help. Why are people accusing Trump's rejection of wearing them as criminal?

Just put one on and do as you are asked.

😂😂😂

I give in. Why not tell nurses in Covid wards not to wear masks.

I will just assume that you think it is likely that 190 people out of 4800 people caught Covid in one month when in that month there were likely very few infections. All I asked is do you think that the report is flawed or not ? 

As the world moves from Covid hopefully the silver lining will be that, as already seems the case diagnostics are taken more seriously, with our 2 future diagnostic centres diagnosing cancers and serious illnesses in hours and days rather than weeks and months. We can persuade countries like China how dangerous it is to deal in wild animals. We can make the world a greener place. We already know the new vaccine technology will save millions ( billions over the next years ) as they become vaccines against cancers and are ready to move immediately against any future viruses that nature may throw at us.
With somebody sadly dieing from Covid every 17 seconds as we near the end game this is the time to carry on the fight against Covid. The next battles will come in the not to distance future.
In the mean time do everything you can ( however much you disapprove ) to stop the spread of the disease, hopefully we do not have much longer to go.

What an amazing leap from studies and evidence of the absolute minimal benefit of the healthy population wearing masks to nurses in hospitals who are in direct and close contact with the sick! No one has disputed it in those settings....

Just put your mask on and do as you’re told... it’s very telling that no one has even acknowledged the environmental damage these masks are doing in the responses 

C7760FA7-D300-4C62-97DE-2CDEB47D49C4.png

1 hour ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

From the generation that have already caused nearly irreversible damage to the planet, Just put your mask on and do as you’re told... it’s very telling that no one has even acknowledged the environmental damage these masks are doing in the responses 

C7760FA7-D300-4C62-97DE-2CDEB47D49C4.png

Does that prevent them being of use? Its the idiots who dump them after use, not the mask.

It has nothing to do with blaming generations. Yes many of us are from the generation of misuse, overuse and neglect. Do you really think most of us had any say in it? 

Stop this recrimination and stop whining and get on with doing the right thing.

2020 has become the Year of the Guilty for many.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

What an amazing leap from studies and evidence of the absolute minimal benefit of the healthy population wearing masks to nurses in hospitals who are in direct and close contact with the sick! No one has disputed it in those settings....

Your post said

They are clearly as useful as a chocolate teapot. 

39 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Your post said

They are clearly as useful as a chocolate teapot. 

Within the context of what the conversation has been about which was use by the healthy members of the population 

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

I give in. Why not tell nurses in Covid wards not to wear masks.

I will just assume that you think it is likely that 190 people out of 4800 people caught Covid in one month when in that month there were likely very few infections. All I asked is do you think that the report is flawed or not ? 

As the world moves from Covid hopefully the silver lining will be that, as already seems the case diagnostics are taken more seriously, with our 2 future diagnostic centres diagnosing cancers and serious illnesses in hours and days rather than weeks and months. We can persuade countries like China how dangerous it is to deal in wild animals. We can make the world a greener place. We already know the new vaccine technology will save millions ( billions over the next years ) as they become vaccines against cancers and are ready to move immediately against any future viruses that nature may throw at us.
With somebody sadly dieing from Covid every 17 seconds as we near the end game this is the time to carry on the fight against Covid. The next battles will come in the not to distance future.
In the mean time do everything you can ( however much you disapprove ) to stop the spread of the disease, hopefully we do not have much longer to go.

Whilst I am glad to submit to your obviously superior scientific knowledge, perhaps you could provide evidence of this most sensational claim highlighted??

11 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Whilst I am glad to submit to your obviously superior scientific knowledge, perhaps you could provide evidence of this most sensational claim highlighted??

Hi Yellow

Hope this helps. This is such a new technology and without Covid it would have taken years to develop. 

Here are a couple of reports for you

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-019-03072-8

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5906799/

https://www.phgfoundation.org/briefing/rna-vaccines

A Michael Yeadon interview that is getting removed by social media sites very quickly but I honestly can’t see why as he makes some very valid points countering sage modelling. Explains the problems with the pcr test very well. It’s certainly worth watching even by those who can see no other version than the official line. It certainly isn’t being removed for lack of knowledge or expertise so why it’s getting removed is anyone’s guess. Very concerning when social media giants have the power to silence opinions of experts in their field, just because they question the official narrative. Dangerous times 

11 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

A Michael Yeadon interview that is getting removed by social media sites very quickly but I honestly can’t see why as he makes some very valid points countering sage modelling. Explains the problems with the pcr test very well. It’s certainly worth watching even by those who can see no other version than the official line. It certainly isn’t being removed for lack of knowledge or expertise so why it’s getting removed is anyone’s guess. Very concerning when social media giants have the power to silence opinions of experts in their field, just because they question the official narrative. Dangerous times 

Its because he is giving misinformation. One of the things his Twitter said was ‘ I am not against vaccines but this this one is being used to inject a chip into you so you can be controlled ‘

image.thumb.png.184c31e88deb6590f25ffa0e94430699.png

image.thumb.png.962709a63cba5f676e3f933c776bf385.png

Becoming fairly clear now that we have peaked. Infections are down 8.8% over the past seven days.

Yesterdays European.

Italy         36176 - 653  really bad numbers recently

France    22150 - 429

Spain      16233 - 252

Germany  23676 - 296  record numbers for Germany

France and Spain finally seem to be declining.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Its because he is giving misinformation. One of the things his Twitter said was ‘ I am not against vaccines but this this one is being used to inject a chip into you so you can be controlled ‘

I’ve been following him on Twitter and I’ve never seen him say that so I believe you’re mistaken on that. I also highly doubt someone as experienced as him would put their reputation on the line with such a comment. Watch the interview, it’s interesting