Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

I'M not Jools,  I use my own SwindonCanary name on here longer than most others look at the profile I have no need to use  another, but have you noticed as soon as Horsefly appeared Bill disappeared.  

I suggest you do what you are telling others to do you utter pillock, and you will find what you said is totally wrong (but that will come as no surprise to anyone).

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

I voted leave, but wish I hadn’t.

You use the same phrases and misspellings as Jools. Your put downs are even word for word the same.

They both copy and paste them from the same far right race baiting  websites. 

Edited by Haus
  • Like 1

The folly of Brexit.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-mps-who-hyped-brexit-fishing-benefits-have-abandoned-us-fishermen-say-b1883831.html

Tory MPs who hyped Brexit fishing benefits have abandoned us, fishermen say

National Federation of Fisherman’s Organisations says European Research Group have gone ‘very quiet’ on issue

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

And Moy has gone AWOL.

Is that the first actual benefit of Brexit 😂

I suspect it's because he knows if he shows his face that we're going to be very unkind and remind him about his many rants regarding the fishing industry and how the UK fishermens' fortunes were going be transformed by Brexit - well they've certainly been transformed but mostly in the sense that they are no longer working in the fishing industry, or indeed at all ☹

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

The folly of Brexit.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-mps-who-hyped-brexit-fishing-benefits-have-abandoned-us-fishermen-say-b1883831.html

Tory MPs who hyped Brexit fishing benefits have abandoned us, fishermen say

National Federation of Fisherman’s Organisations says European Research Group have gone ‘very quiet’ on issue

I don't think Francois, a TA cook, has ever eaten fish unless its battered.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Indeed! he's a gammon man six days a week, and Spam as a treat on Sundays.

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

More than a touching thought

image.png.f236d5aabd6ccb9897dec88b3add1def.png

Is that the same Rees - Mogg that encouraged people to boo the England team for taking the knee ?. This is something you are still to comment on.

More **** from the lying scumbags Rees-Mong and Swindle.

And as Jon Stone points out in the thread, "hard to believe he’s being genuine given the story he’s commenting on is literally about Gibb interfering in hiring practices."

32 minutes ago, Herman said:

More **** from the lying scumbags Rees-Mong and Swindle.

And as Jon Stone points out in the thread, "hard to believe he’s being genuine given the story he’s commenting on is literally about Gibb interfering in hiring practices."

Indeed! But then the only consistency in Rees-Moggs life is his constant hypocrisy. The man who called for UK citizens to vote to leave the EU while he voted with his feet and moved his company head office out of the UK into the EU.

Perhaps he would be better off explaining to UK fisherman why all those "happy UK fish" are not finding their way in to UK fishermen's nets.

Why did Canada walk away from negotiations with the EU? Why have Switzerland walked out on negotiations with the EU and aren't coming back to the table? The EU has even threatened Switzerland with cutting the energy supply off like France did with Jersey.

The EU is the only trading bloc with a massive trade surplus with pretty much everyone they deal with.

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Why did Canada walk away from negotiations with the EU? Why have Switzerland walked out on negotiations with the EU and aren't coming back to the table? The EU has even threatened Switzerland with cutting the energy supply off like France did with Jersey.

The EU is the only trading bloc with a massive trade surplus with pretty much everyone they deal with.

Why has the US walked away from trade talks with the UK (Truss said a deal was imminent)? Why did the UK sign up to the NI protocol having lied about no border in the Irish sea? Why did the UK sign trade deals with Japan and Australia that benefit those countries far more than the UK? Why did the UK lie to its fishermen, etc, etc, etc. But most importantly, why do you continue to post utter drivel?

10 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

You are defiantly Bill  replying to anything I post and calling me names

Tw*at!

• Haha 1

That's a good thing. We should join. 

• Haha 1

The EU is the only trading bloc with a massive trade surplus with pretty much everyone they deal with.

Wow are you saying that the U.K. should never have left the EU. That’s a bit of a U turn.

10 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

No I'm writing (not saying !)  We should stop depending on the EU and trade with the rest of the world, it's a big place.

But they think Johnson is a clown.

23 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

image.png.93fbf88b5035525f757b6b0ac24d61c9.png

After all these years of the Express telling you countries are going to leave the EU and they haven't you still believe this rubbish.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/14/legal-polexit-poland-court-rules-that-eu-measures-are-unconstitutional

opinion polls showing that EU membership remains very popular among Poles.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

image.png.93fbf88b5035525f757b6b0ac24d61c9.png

Indeed Jools another very misleading article. The voices against are a few right wingers in the government ( ring a bell ). Any thought of leaving by Polish law would need a vote. But this is what the people think.

The EU is overwhelmingly popular among Poles

Poles are among the most euro-enthusiastic nations in the bloc. In the 2003 accession referendum, 74 percent of voters backed joining the EU, and they’ve become even more pro-EU since then.

That’s not much of a surprise: Polish people have greatly benefited from the perks of the single market and EU funds. Since 2004 Poland has received a net €127 billion, more than any other member country. That money has transformed Poland, paying for roads, bridges, schools, sewage plants and football pitches. Since 2004, more than 2 million Poles have taken advantage of the freedom of movement to work abroad.

According to government estimates, Poland would get €139 billion in funds and roughly €34 billion in loans from the next budget and the Recovery Mechanism currently being blocked by the Polish and Hungarian governments.

The veto threat hasn’t changed those feelings: 81 percent would vote to stay in the EU if there were a referendum, according to a new opinion poll. Another poll finds 73 percent of Poles back the idea of linking rule of law to the budget.

Combine that Jools with the point they believe Brexit is a complete disaster for the U.K. 

Leaving would blow up the economy

Brexit negotiations are proving how difficult it is to disentangle a member country’s economy from the rest of the EU’s single market. In the case of Poland, such fragmentation would not only be more difficult than for the U.K. — it would most likely be catastrophic.

Polish companies export and import predominantly within the EU’s single market — in 2018, almost 80 percent of exports went to the EU and 58 percent of Polish imports came from the EU’s internal market. The country’s booming economy has sucked in massive levels of foreign investment which have turned Poland into one of the EU’s industrial workshops. 

EU funds and participation in the single market have hugely contributed to the increase of wealth among Poles: their income per capita increased from 45 percent of the EU’s average in 2004 to 70 percent in 2017, according to Eurostat — the best outcome in Poland’s 1,000-year history.

While the U.K. is the world’s sixth-largest economy, Poland is 22nd and much more reliant on its ties to the rest of the EU. Withdrawing from the EU and setting up tariff and trade barriers would send the economy into a tailspin.

Basically although a true report, just like Farage and Johnson you twisted it to mean something else.

You maybe aware of the reports today that U.K. crops are being left to rot in fields as there is nobody to pick them, jobs Nigel told us would be fought over by British workers. Here is the reality as Farmers are taken by shock at the almost total refusal of Europeans to work in the U.K. 

Boris Johnson's government has launched a PR drive -- but that was last year and aimed at getting Britons to help harvest crops.

Called Pick for Britain, it was aimed at encouraging those left unemployed by the pandemic to fill the gap left by migrant workers.

But one agency, Pro-Force, said of the 450 UK-based workers it placed under the scheme, just 4 per cent were still in their roles by the end of the season.

"Common feedback from the British nationals placed by Pro-Force was that many of them wanted to 'do their bit' at time of national crisis but did not see this as a long term, viable option to provide the labour the industry needs in 2021 and beyond," said James Mallick from Pro-Force in written evidence to a parliamentary committee.