Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

5 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Firstly, the link clearly states that he pays an average of £11 an hour based on productivity, not that he pays a flat £11 per hour. Secondly, like I said, furlough is still in effect. I'm not sure why you'd expect people currently being paid to be sat at home to volunteer to go out and do a fairly physical and demanding job instead. When furlough gets pulled back, there will be an influx in people that need to find work and the vacancies will even out. Oh sure, there probably will be a longer-term shortage of labour but given that people have been complaining about a surplus of labour pushing down wages for years it's just evening out.

Tosh! Well before Brexit there has always been a difficulty finding labour in certain industries, even when unemployment was in the millions. That's why EU labour became crucial. The idea that these industries, that have taken a massive financial hit because of the calamatous Brexit deal, are suddenly going to find the money to increase wages to a degree capable of attracting workers  is utter brexit diehard fantasy. Christ! even the Weatherspoons loon has realised what a total nonsense that claim is.

13 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

horsefly your just a whippersnapper, on started on the 14th sept last year !

funny how billy boy disappeared at the same time  🤣  

Bills last post on this site was April 9th this year, you're only 6 months out.

Bill

Members

LAST VISITED

April 9

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Tosh! Well before Brexit there has always been a difficulty finding labour in certain industries, even when unemployment was in the millions. That's why EU labour became crucial. The idea that these industries, that have taken a massive financial hit because of the calamatous Brexit deal, are suddenly going to find the money to increase wages to a degree capable of attracting workers  is utter brexit diehard fantasy. Christ! even the Weatherspoons loon has realised what a total nonsense that claim is.

Its very simple. Any business can pay their employees more to retain their services but it all becomes academic if the aforementioned businesses then becomes uncompetitive as compared to their international competitors - and often in those very countries that 'global' Britain wants do free trade deals with.  As in farming the real winner is more automation and AI by necessity and even fewer (low skilled) jobs for the locals!

• Like 1

What Wundaboy is not understanding is that many European workers are quite willing to work twice as hard as us to earn £20 an hour based on piece work.

But to say you cannot expect people to work if they are being furloughed is part of the problem. Its the Why Should I syndrome. 

Welfare payments of any kind do not mean you have to do nothing. They are there to tide you over not become a lifestyle. 

30 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Bills last post on this site was April 9th this year, you're only 6 months out.

Bill

Members

LAST VISITED

April 9

He must have taken a holiday !

I think that the whole world and his bother knew that Horsefly was Bill. It was obvious with knobs on.

The fact that he continually denied it amused all. It was so funny. The fact that he thought that he had got away with it, to the point of up voting himself was above hilarious. The biggest laugh I've ever had from this thread.

That he has recently proclaimed that "honesty" is the basis for debate (or whatever) makes the on-going farce that is Horseflea even more compelling following for us neutrals.

Edited by BroadstairsR

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

think that the whole world and his bother knew that Horsefly was Bill. It was obvious with knobs on

plus City 1st and many more !

23 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I think that the whole world and his bother knew that Horsefly was Bill. It was obvious with knobs on.

The fact that he continually denied it amused all. It was so funny. The fact that he thought that he had got away with it, to the point of up voting himself was above hilarious. The biggest laugh I've ever had from this thread.

That he has recently proclaimed that "honesty" is the basis for debate (or whatever) makes the on-going farce that is Horseflea even more compelling following for us neutrals.

Hahahaha! you are the very definition of a sad old man. Too thick to do the obvious lingusitic analysis that would demonstrate the absurdity of your childish name calling. And weirdly too obssessed with me not to simply get on with  posting about the issues the threads are concerned with rather than this playground attempt at bullying. If "the biggest laugh" you've ever had is based on on such a pathetic lie you truly are a desperately pathetic excuse for a human being. I'm more than happy for any moderator on this site to confirm exactly what names I have posted under because I have only posted under this name. What a sad and pathetic pipsqueak you are.

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

horsefly your just a whippersnapper, on started on the 14th sept last year !

funny how billy boy disappeared at the same time  🤣  

Just one sentence, yet you manage to misspell "You're", and make several grammatical errors. Yet again you confirm why everybody here recognises you as the thickest person they have ever encountered.

As for the facts of the matter; all you had to do was check back through the threads to get your dates right and unsurprisingly you aren't even capable of doing that. Truly a dumbass of extraordinary proportions.

25 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Hahahaha! you are the very definition of a sad old man. Too thick to do the obvious lingusitic analysis that would demonstrate the absurdity of your childish name calling. And weirdly too obssessed with me not to simply get on with  athposting about the issues the threads are concerned with rer than this playground attempt at bullying. If "the biggest laugh" you've ever had is based on on such a pathetic lie you truly are a desperately pathetic excuse for a human being. I'm more than happy for any moderator on this site to confirm exactly what names I have posted under because I have only posted under this name. What a sad and pathetic pipsqueak you are.

"..... get on with  posting about the issues the threads are concerned with ... "

I did a few days ago, but it failed to meet your limited agenda so you were incapable of addressing it. I did again today, but expect no response.

Nice to note that you remain seemingly incapable of putting two sentences together without resort to put down or insult Bill.

That diatrobe of lies an insults acheived nothing more than to increase your standing as a person who seems thoroughly capable of dishing it out but then becomes a total melt when receiving it.

Btw. I am not obessesed with you, more I find you funny and need an occasional  fix in that respect.

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

"..... get on with  posting about the issues the threads are concerned with ... "

I did a few days ago, but it failed to meet your limited agenda so you were incapable of addressing it. I did again today, but expect no response.

Nice to note that you remain seemingly incapable of putting two sentences together without resort to put down or insult Bill.

That diatrobe of lies an insults acheived nothing more than to increase your standing as a person who seems thoroughly capable of dishing it out but then becomes a total melt when receiving it.

Btw. I am not obessesed with you, more I find you funny and need an occasional  fix in that respect.

Oh dear saddo! All you've ever posted in response to my posts is the pathetically childish playground rants about me supposedly being Bill. As a result I blocked you as your posts proved to be infantile and without any intellectual merit whatsoever. Occasionally I check to see if anything has changed but it's always the same childish playground trash. And here you are again, supposedly a grown man engaging in infantile absurdities. I shan't bother checking again to see if you've grown up as it is clearly never going to happen. I'll let you and Swindon enjoy your pathetic little game, you make a very well-matched pair.

On 04/07/2021 at 12:24, Indy said:

But if everyone ignores the lies he spouts and doesn’t react he’ll have no platform, it’s only because some still react that he’s on this board. I’ve not seen a single contribution by him on the football threads, that’s a good thing though.

But I’m with you he should have been banned with his anti European comments regarding the WW monuments and graves of all brave servicemen and then trying to claim some far out lie about financing the Canadian pilots bench in Swindon when the news article on it proved otherwise! Horrid little bigot along with a few other who have been blocked by myself…..its far better on here when you do block them.

Swindow and his sister?

90F4CD70-3B4F-4DBF-90A9-EF492D72E69F.jpeg

You're absolutely right Indy. I'd forgotten about his horrendous comments about the WW memorials in Europe, and the bare-faced lies about the Canadian pilots bench in Swindon. I suppose I, like many, have gained a certain viceral delight in pointing out the idiocy of virtually everything he says, but you're right that this only seems to encourage him to continue with his EU hating rubbish. So count me in, I'm going to block him again.

Bill.

That is struggling

Why are you so obsessed with my postings when everybody has worked you out long ago. Its not just me fella.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

Just one sentence, yet you manage to misspell "You're", and make several grammatical errors. Yet again you confirm why everybody here recognises you as the thickest person they have ever encountered.

As for the facts of the matter; all you had to do was check back through the threads to get your dates right and unsurprisingly you aren't even capable of doing that. Truly a dumbass of extraordinary proportions.

but I've been the same person on here since October 2003  Why do you keep changing it ? 

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

but I've been the same person on here since October 2003  Why do you keep changing it ? 

Don't bother with the fool  this forum seems to be the beginning and end of his life. He lives on here with his agenda, his insults and his capacity for believing himself as some sort of superior being.

Just laugh the man  off.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Horsefly is not me, I can 100 % assure of that. Though I cannot be assured that the obsessive BedstainsR is not handcrank.

"The UK has a long, distinguished, respectable and admired history in diplomacy so we do not understand why it keeps sending people to these meetings who have clearly not read a brief and do not know why they are there or what they want to achieve"

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

YOU ARE FOOLING NOBODY !  GOOD TO SEE BILLY LIAR BACK !

Either you are copying Jools phrases ( and spellings ) or you are Jools lol

• Haha 1

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/brussels-tells-uk-to-prove-it-can-be-trusted-over-brexit-treaty-or-face-more-lawsuits/ar-AALPnuI?ocid=msedgntp

Brussels told the UK on Tuesday to prove it can be trusted to stick to its Brexit agreements or risk more European Court of Justice lawsuits for breaking the Northern Ireland Protocol.

European Commission vice-president Maros Sefcovic said: "Perhaps the biggest challenge for the EU will be how we can rebuild trust and realign our relationship with the UK."

He blamed the UK's unilateral extension of protocol grace periods for parcels and supermarket supplies for destroying trust between London and Brussels. Relations were further strained by threats of a sausage trade war over a chilled meats grace period. 

Mr Sefcovic warned that EU legal action would be stepped up unless Britain remedied the breaches of the Brexit treaty, which keeps Northern Ireland in the EU's Single Market to avoid a hard Irish border

The EU seems to be suing the whole world at the moment: Astra Zeneca, the UK and even Germany to name but a few. Lawyer's paradise.

https://www.politico.eu/article/commission-sues-germany-escalating-battle-over-supremacy-eu-law/

Parkinson's Law (v.4)

Apparently a new regulation is on the cards which aims at telling people in the EU when to go to bed.

I'll give it ten years, and thats being generous.

Edited by BroadstairsR

15 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Another company extracting money out of the government.

This saves jobs, it does not create new ones and at a cost of £30m to the tax payer. Industry experts described the deal as a 'short term fix'.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

You don't really these things properly do you. You have heard of maintaining the status quo?

Do you think I can retrieve my pencil and enter this news into my "positive Brexit" scrapbook? 

(... that's if I can find the darn thing, it's been a while since I last took it off the bookshelf) 

36 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

You don't really these things properly do you. You have heard of maintaining the status quo?

It's costing us taxpayers a few quid to do so too. 

40 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Another company extracting money out of the government.

This saves jobs, it does not create new ones and at a cost of £30m to the tax payer. Industry experts described the deal as a 'short term fix'.

Sorry, missed this. 👍