Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Meanwhile the Government is clearly looking for a fight.... well to be more accurate yet another fight... a trade war stoked by Frost and Johnson over the trade agreement agreement negotiated by Frost and Johnson.

All very Trumpian, when you have no policies, divide the country into warring groups, and then claim to be the "law and order" people. 

Ultimatum.jpg

Propaganda and how it works. It's not subtle, just repetitive. And all utter nonsense.

Just heard from a friend who has a small roofing company. He has a full order book but can't do any of the jobs. Why? because the brexit calamity means he can't get hold of cement, timber, or virtually any other of the materials he needs. I'm afraid I felt obliged to remind him that he voted leave despite the fact I warned him that creating two separate markets would increase bureaucracy rather than reduce it. Sadly he swallowed the lies of Johnson, cummings and co, and along with so many other SMEs he now sorely regrets his error.

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

But the transition has not come without its challenges, says business adviser Grant Thornton which carried out the research. The survey identifies the five biggest impacts felt from Brexit in the region’s mid-market over the past six months as:

• Trade compliance issues (42%)
  • Uncertainty over product labelling (42%)
  • Setting up new overseas operations (40%)
  • VAT compliance issues (32%)
  • Loss of talent (32%)

James Brown, partner and practice leader at Grant Thornton in the East of England, said: “The last year has presented huge uncertainty for businesses of all sizes, with Brexit and the pandemic creating an ever-changing operating environment which has been extremely difficult to navigate. 

Did you read the detail or just post the link?

17 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Did you read the detail or just post the link?

If only I had a pound for everytime someone asked Swindle if he had actually read the link he posted. I'd easily have enough to buy a UK trawler (going very cheap) and turn it into a museum dedicated to the former UK fishing industry.

Meanwhile, good to see British products in high demand here in the UK.

Going well.jpg

By calling me names, you may be attempting to be funny, but you are far from it. Grow up 

Edited by SwindonCanary

12 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Retail bosses issue stark warning about empty shelves amid continuing  Brexit insanity | The Independent | The Independent SUPERMAKETS ARE FULL 

`

You lied

Our Tesco delivery we have just been told is severely restricted and we won’t be getting about 1/2 of our order. You are now limited to only 1 of things like bread. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

You lied

Our Tesco delivery we have just been told is severely restricted and we won’t be getting about 1/2 of our order. You are now limited to only 1 of things like bread. 

so did Bill/ Horsefly  when he posted this, funny how the self's behind are full  Going well.jpg

Edited by SwindonCanary
ADD

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

so did Bill/ Horsefly  when he posted this, funny how the self's behind are full  Going well.jpg

It was posted by Surfer.

21 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

It was posted by Surfer.

so it was but Bill/Horsefly posted straight after, both aimed a me 

Edited by SwindonCanary

But more concerning food is being rationed again. Hopefully this is due to isolation and not Brexit, but only time will tell.

I see the markets are crashing again today after their big falls last week.

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

But more concerning food is being rationed again. Hopefully this is due to isolation and not Brexit, but only time will tell.

I see the markets are crashing again today after their big falls last week.

The markets are working well, a couple of weeks of loss will not effect it

19 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

One announcement, that is all it will take and people will flood supermarkets and like locusts, make the problem worse by hoarding.

20 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Are you serious ? Billions wiped off last week, doubled today as we approach 200 point drop today.

12 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Are you serious ? Billions wiped off last week, doubled today as we approach 200 point drop today.

Yep! He's being serious. Don't forget it was his great-grandfather who on 15th April 1912 famously said "What iceberg?"

Just now, horsefly said:

Yep! He's being serious. Don't forget it was his great-grandfather who on 15th April 1912 famously said "What iceberg?"

lies !

3 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

It was posted by Surfer.

I did indeed.

And all I said was something like "its good to see strong demand for British goods" 

Meanwhile. Yes you idiot, that is "the Brexit" you "voted for". We tried to tell y'all. 

Brexit Immegration.jpg

• Haha 1

I haven't been following this thread as much as I used to.

Any positive news yet?

1 hour ago, BigFish said:

I haven't been following this thread as much as I used to.

Any positive news yet?

Take a wild guess!

Farage pictured at the head of the 'red wall fruit pickers'* march

Angered by furriners 'not coming over here and taking our jobs' tens of thousands of voters from Hartlepool, and all places north have set out to 'pick for Britain'. They will be joined further south by hundreds of unemployed fishermen from Hull.

Mr Farage welcomed the numbers, saying it was a wonderful opportunity to sign up subscribers to his Wealth not welfare newsletter, and his latest political party Moneyforoldrope (£25 membership)

Leave Means Leave march

* fruit cake in the case of Farage