Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 minute ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Is the UK capable of catching that amount?

No

I suspect it has merely to be a 'bargaining chip' that they thought the EU would work out

Meanwhile

"It has emerged in a Commons committee hearing that British businesses will have to complete 11m customs declarations forms a year to sell their goods in Northern Ireland for the first time.

The Conservative MP Bob Stewart responded to the disclosure during the Northern Ireland affairs select committee with shock. “Bloody hell, that’s a heck of a lot,” he said."

no more that what Remainers have been stating for a long while previously

Remoaners will never accept or understand good news from our now independent country.  The next good news will be No Deal and hopefully the binning of the WA. 

2 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Remoaners will never accept or understand good news from our now independent country.  The next good news will be No Deal and hopefully the binning of the WA. 

No response to anyone pointing out your previous big errors re the vaccine then?

30 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Is the UK capable of catching that amount?

Is the UK willing to eat that amount of fish?

Meanwhile, in other news Biden says there will be no UK/US FTA anytime in the forseeable future. You would need a heart of stone not to laugh at the Brexiteers.

Edited by BigFish

1 minute ago, BigFish said:

Is the UK willing to eat that amount of fish?

Meanwhile, in other news Biden says there will be no UK/US FTA anytime in the forseeable future. You would need a heart of stone not to laugh at the Brexiteers.

given how fish is supposed to be good for the brain, you can see why brexiteers might clamour for more of it

however to make any notable change in that department I think the UK's 'coastal' waters would have to stretch way into the Atlantic

Hmmm. These "unfortunate typos" have a habit of being leading indicators of actual outcome ... i.e. it's probably a deliberate leak. 

From whom, we don't know. Could be someone wants to set the stage FOR a "no deal possible" announcement, could be someone what's to give a head up that the government is planning on abandoning negotiations, so this is pressure to stop that outcome.

WTO.jpg

In the same conspiratorial manner, is the announcement that the CV19 vaccine will be rolled out in FIRST in the UK, another smokescreen to deflect from an announcement of "no deal is possible", especially when Hancock said we are first BECAUSE of Brexit ... i.e. no more pesky universally applied health and safety rules to follow?  

Edited by Surfer

"fake news.... baa baa, they need us more than the easiest deal where no one is talking about our access to the Singles Market that sells blue passports for fish......baa baa 🐏

• Members
  • 1,147 posts
  35 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Never mind, Remoaners are a little envious

Of what dumbo? 

For you, losers have thoroughly disgraced our country and deserve all the grief you are getting as well as calling us names – for over three years you have trashed the concept of British Democracy 

48 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:
  • Members
  • 1,147 posts
  35 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Never mind, Remoaners are a little envious

Of what dumbo? 

For you, losers have thoroughly disgraced our country and deserve all the grief you are getting as well as calling us names – for over three years you have trashed the concept of British Democracy 

Incomprehensible!

Edited by horsefly

15 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Have you had some sort of brain seizure? do you need an ambulance?

No need for that sort of stuff horsefly, not funny and not necessary!

For you, YES IT'S FOR YOU ! losers have thoroughly disgraced our country YES YOU'VE DISGRACED OUR COUNTRY DOWNING IT AT EVERY OPPERTUNITY  and deserve all the grief you are getting as well as calling us names TRY DENYING THAT. ! – for over three years you have trashed the concept of British Democracy NOT BELIVING THE VOTE !

Edited by SwindonCanary

Just now, Van wink said:

No need for that sort of stuff horsefly, not funny and not necessary!

When someone writes the following unjustified insults and slurs:

"For you, losers have thoroughly disgraced our country and deserve all the grief you are getting as well as calling us names – for over three years you have trashed the concept of British Democracy" 

They can expect to get a robust reply showing the contempt they deserve. So your sanctimonious comments have no impact on me thanks all the same. 

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

For you, YES IT'S FOR YOU ! losers have thoroughly disgraced our country YES YOU'VE DISGRACED OUR COUNTRY DOWNING IT AT EVERY OPPERTUNITY  and deserve all the grief you are getting as well as calling us names TRY DENYING THAT. ! – for over three years you have trashed the concept of British Democracy NOT BELIVING THE VOTE !

Even less comprehensible

6 minutes ago, horsefly said:

When someone writes the following unjustified insults and slurs:

"For you, losers have thoroughly disgraced our country and deserve all the grief you are getting as well as calling us names – for over three years you have trashed the concept of British Democracy" 

They can expect to get a robust reply showing the contempt they deserve. So your sanctimonious comments have no impact on me thanks all the same. 

I doubt that the many poor people that suffer with epilepsy in this country will agree

Just now, Van wink said:

I doubt that the many poor people that suffer with epilepsy in this country will agree

good point! and I apologise to any such individual. 

For mouse brain to squeak about democracy when it was his lot who had to be taken to court to uphold the sovereignty of Parliament

who blocked that sovereignty by closing Parliament is a bit rich.... even for him

And it is the UK, not Britain

The Referendim was nearly 4 and a half years ago, so what democracy is there in that vote - more so given the polls have been showing a massive lead in the country to remain in the EU.

Cretins like mouse brain voted on the basis of bigotry and ignorance. Like some numpty poking a hole in the lifeboat and blaming others for not fixing it. In fact endlessly beating because others have pointed out the danger his stupidity has brought to us all

• Like 1

An expert opinion on our vaccine. You have it completely right WBB.👍

3 hours ago, Well b back said:

To be fair I am not quite sure why certain parties like Mogg are claiming this is due to Brexit. This was all shown on a different thread about 6 weeks ago and our regulations for emergency use ( like any other member ) has nothing to do with EU. With misinformation about vaccines quite rightly being removed from social media a bit naughty to then use the vaccine to put misinformation about something else.

Did Brexit really speed up the vaccine approval?

Health Secretary Matt Hancock earlier said that Brexit allowed the UK to approve a Covid vaccine more quickly than European countries.

“We do all the same safety checks and the same processes, but we have been able to speed up how they’re done because of Brexit," said Matt Hancock.

Meanwhile the Leader of the Commons, Jacob Rees-Mogg, tweeted to point out: “We could only approve this vaccine so quickly because we have left the EU”.

But the European Medicines Agency (EMA) says any EU country could have done the same thing. 

Under EU rules, a vaccine must be authorised by the EMA but individual countries can use an emergency procedure that allows them to distribute a vaccine for temporary use in their domestic market.

Britain is still subject to those EU rules during the post-Brexit transition period which runs until the end of the year.

The UK’s own medicines regulator, the MHRA, confirmed this in a statementlast month.

The MHRA is well-regarded as world leader in the regulation of medicine, and it has certainly chosen to move faster with vaccine approval than the EMA.

But it didn’t have to rely on Brexit to do that.

For example the European Commission confirmed on Monday that Hungary - an EU member - could use a Russian Covid vaccine in its domestic market if it chose to do so.

The EMA says it is using a slightly slower method for licencing than the UK which it considers to be “the most appropriate regulatory mechanism for use in the current pandemic emergency, to grant all EU citizens’ access to a vaccine and to underpin mass vaccination campaigns.”

17 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

The ignorance you display here is truly remarkable. Leaving aside the dreadful grammar and spelling, you clearly have not the slightest understanding of the concept of "democracy". A country only counts as a democracy if it enables ALL opposing views to be expressed freely. You clearly support an autocracy. Only true patriots recognise the need to continue engaging in debate that seeks to promote the best interests of the country. I have seen no evidence here that the people you insultingly describe as "remoaners" and a "disgrace" are doing nothing but offer opinions that seek to serve the best interests of the country. And indeed, every recent poll on Brexit supports the claim that the sizeable majority of the country now support such an anti-Brexit position. You clearly disagree with those opinions (although you show no evidence of having understood them), which is fine. But the idea that you have some authority to rule out those opinions being expressed is utterly contemptible. It is what dictatorships do you buffoon.

16 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

THICK OR WHAT ?

Being called "thick" by you is a badge of honour. I would be truly horrified if you agreed with anything I've said. Then I would have to be really worried about my state of mind. Thankfully that will never happen.

Edited by horsefly

11 minutes ago, Herman said:

An expert opinion on our vaccine. You have it completely right WBB.👍

Even Boris just refused to answer the question twice, which effectively made it sound like it was because of Brexit. Totally out of order, forget Brexit lieing  about something around the vaccine will not get people trusting it once it is realised they lied. 

poor dimwitted bigots, always getting it wrong

"German health minister weighs in on Hancock’s claim of Brexit expediting vaccine approval

It is misplaced to celebrate – as Matt Hancock and Michael Fabricant have – the UK's swift approval of a vaccine as a benefit of Brexit since the vaccine was itself a product of the European Union that Britain has left, Germany’s health minister has said.

Jens Spahn told journalists that while Britain had been the first to approve the vaccine, he was optimistic that the European Medicines Agency would soon follow. The time difference was due to Britain and the US having conducted an emergency approval process, while the EU was using a regular process.

“But a few remarks on Brexit to my British friends: Biontech is a European development, from the EU. The fact that this EU product is so good that Britain approved it so quickly shows that in this crisis European and international cooperation are best,” he said."

so desperate to find something that suggests brexit is not a shtshow of the highest order they will leap on anything, however obviously incorrect, in the hope it detracts from what they have dumped on decent folk

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Even Boris just refused to answer the question twice, which effectively made it sound like it was because of Brexit. Totally out of order, forget Brexit lieing  about something around the vaccine will not get people trusting it once it is realised they lied. 

It shows just how desperate they are to find at least one positive thing they can say about Brexit. The fact that it is entirely untrue shows just how low they are prepared to stoop to do so. Contemptible behaviour at the best of times, but even more so given that it concerns Covid-19 and all the horrors associated with it.

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

The question by Harry Cole. It had already been explained to him this morning. It was a fraudulent question and he should, but wont, be ashamed.

Just wait til the sh** really hits the fan and we hear more alternative truths....lorry queues? It will be the fault of the French....and so on.

Anything negative will be spinned and re-formulated by Brexit supporters as a positive. Or under-played. Or, like in this thread when challenged, simply ignored.

I predict confidently that they will not be able to acknowledge any negatives. Already I see the chides of "you're against our country" when the questions get tougher and there is less room to manoeuvre . One of the last refuges I guess.

43 minutes ago, horsefly said:

good point! and I apologise to any such individual. 

There are many and I’m sure they will accept your apology, the important thing is to think a bit more before you post that sort of stuff.