Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

15 minutes ago, paul moy said:

It says it all that an EU diplomat to the UK has voiced his annoyance that we as a free country have beaten them to passing the vaccine due to our superior expertise.   LOL

So, a vacine created by Turkish immigrants working for a German/US company, manufactured in Belguim and approved rapidly under EU governance is a great UK success?

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, paul moy said:

It says it all that an EU diplomat to the UK has voiced his annoyance that we as a free country have beaten them to passing the vaccine due to our superior expertise.   LOL

No! it says it all that the head of the MHRA Dr June Raine said that Brexit had absolutely NOTHING to do with the speedy approval of the vaccine, indeed, that they had worked completely within the guidelines of the EU. So much for your claims of a sclerotic and anachronistic EU. LOL

Edited by horsefly

23 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Perversely, imo covid helps as it reduces demand and thus stresses created by the EU in the case of No Deal. Less demand and thus correspondingly fewer imports and exports regarding the EU is a further positive case for going for No Deal as it allows an easier implementation of documentary requirements and lower staffing requirements in the immediate future and as there are great advantages to the UK in avoiding at least a detrimental deal that the EU is trying to cajole us into with their incessant trap-setting.  

A deal can be done next year when we are free and the EU accepts that we are a sovereign country but really we do not need a deal as much as the EU does , just as I've said all along due to their massive trade deficit with us.

Jesus! your economic naivety is astounding.

20 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Remoaners simply do not want the UK to be a success.  Very sad.....

Utter Bresh*ite rubbish! It's because some of us want the UK to succeed that we're arguing for a properly negotiated deal. Or are you really claiming that the likes of the CBI, NFU and RHA actually want the UK to fail too. You really can't be that foolish can you?

19 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

What do you hope to gain by continually bleating about it  ?

FFS do you not read a word of what is posted. An utterly stupid comment as usual.

15 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Some people just have a negative outlook to life.  They cannot see the big picture  and do not like to leave their comfort zone.  I feel sorry for them as they are followers in life and not go-getters.....  pessimists and bitter and twisted as they have constantly shown. 

People of that ilk lead shorter lives statistically so they really should lighten up .........

Utterly inane BS! Not a sign of a rational argument in anything you post.

37 minutes ago, Herman said:

You've trashed our country Moyo. It won't be forgotten. 

I'd like to know how it's trashed ?  discard the virus and it's all going well to my mind.

30 minutes ago, horsefly said:

FFS do you not read a word of what is posted. An utterly stupid comment as usual.

can I ask the question again ?

29 minutes ago, horsefly said:

neither have you your posts are all saying how posts are poor 

59 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Th inng  me is that we were able to  do this whilst still under EU regulations - I  thought that they were supposed to have made us incapable of carrying out our own processes? Seems not!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Idiot! Try reading them and UNDERSTANDING them. No hope there alas!

Utter Bresh*ite rubbish! It's because some of us want the UK to succeed that we're arguing for a properly negotiated deal. Or are you really claiming that the likes of the CBI, NFU and RHA actually want the UK to fail too. You really can't be that foolish can you?

AND THAT'S JUST ON THIS PAGE ! SOME MORE ON THIS PAGE 

Jesus! your economic naivety is astounding

Edited by SwindonCanary

18 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Since you are seemingly incapable of understanding virtually anything let me have a go at explaining one example in the simplest terms possible:

PM said:

Perversely, imo covid helps as it reduces demand and thus stresses created by the EU in the case of No Deal. Less demand and thus correspondingly fewer imports and exports regarding the EU is a further positive case for going for No Deal as it allows an easier implementation of documentary requirements and lower staffing requirements in the immediate future and as there are great advantages to the UK in avoiding at least a detrimental deal that the EU is trying to cajole us into with their incessant trap-setting.  

A deal can be done next year when we are free and the EU accepts that we are a sovereign country but really we do not need a deal as much as the EU does , just as I've said all along due to their massive trade deficit with us.

So his claim in a nutshell is that the way to get our desperately flagging economy's recovery underway after Brexit is to do less trade. Now I know you won't have read any economics text books but even you should be able to guess that this is the first time in history that someone has argued that we boost our trade by doing less trade.

And I certainly know that you don't understand irony, but it won't have escaped others on here that PM's reason for advocating doing less trade is that, Brexit will have caused an absolute sh*it-storm of added bureaucracy and paperwork and it will give organisations more opportunity to deal with it. So here we have an ardent Brexiteer implicitly admitting that the claim that Brexit would do away with excess redtape was a total lie (It actually increases it).

Now I await with great anticipation for a reply from you that doesn't just bleet that the vote has been passed and we should just accept it. Do you think you could for once try saying something about the points that have been raised. Go on, take the risk.

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

AND THAT'S JUST ON THIS PAGE ! SOME MORE ON THIS PAGE 

Jesus! your economic naivety is astounding

Now how about you go through my posts and quote all the arguments I've posted. ...thought not!

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I don't see any arguments, you are too busy saying how poor other post are.

You're an embarrassment! I just posted this thicko, so either respond to it or keep your utterly banal ejaculations to yourself:

"Since you are seemingly incapable of understanding virtually anything let me have a go at explaining one example in the simplest terms possible:

PM said:

Perversely, imo covid helps as it reduces demand and thus stresses created by the EU in the case of No Deal. Less demand and thus correspondingly fewer imports and exports regarding the EU is a further positive case for going for No Deal as it allows an easier implementation of documentary requirements and lower staffing requirements in the immediate future and as there are great advantages to the UK in avoiding at least a detrimental deal that the EU is trying to cajole us into with their incessant trap-setting.  

So his claim in a nutshell is that the way to get our desperately flagging economy's recovery underway after Brexit is to do less trade. Now I know you won't have read any economics text books but even you should be able to guess that this is the first time in history that someone has argued that we boost our trade by doing less trade.

And I certainly know that you don't understand irony, but it won't have escaped others on here that PM's reason for advocating doing less trade is that, Brexit will have caused an absolute sh*it-storm of added bureaucracy and paperwork and it will give organisations more opportunity to deal with it. So here we have an ardent Brexiteer implicitly admitting that the claim that Brexit would do away with excess redtape was a total lie (It actually increases it).

Now I await with great anticipation for a reply from you that doesn't just bleet that the vote has been passed and we should just accept it. Do you think you could for once try saying something about the points that have been raised. Go on, take the risk."

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Can't you see that trading with just the EU is poor, whilst there's a whole world out there to trade with. 

FFS RESPOND TO THE POINTS BEING MADE YOU BUFFOON.

Jesus that man is so dense! I was reminded that someone once posted this vid claiming it was me trying to explain something to Swindon. Still appropriate sadly:

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

Did you notice I replied to you without calling you names ?

OK! respond to the points being made

Can't you see that trading with just the EU is poor, whilst there's a whole world out there to trade with

I think that says it all, can you argue with that ? 

British businesses are creating a new trading footprint around the world, according to a new report, A New World for Global British Business, by Lloyds Bank and Aston Business School.

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

British businesses are creating a new trading footprint around the world, according to a new report, A New World for Global British Business, by Lloyds Bank and Aston Business School.

Of course it was too much to expect that you would respond to the arguments put forward. You never have before so it was silly of me to think you would do so now. Frankly it is patently clear that you don't possess the will or intellectual capacity to engage in rational debate. I've wasted too much time trying to get you to do so, thus from now I shall not bother commenting on your inane posts.

Edited by horsefly

5 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Of course it was too much to expect that you would respond to the arguments put forward. You never have before so it was silly of me to think you would do so now. Frankly it is patently clear that you don't possess the will or intellectual capacity to engage in rational debate. I've wasted too much time trying to get you to do so, thus from now I shan't bother commenting on your inane posts.

neither do you 

2 hours ago, paul moy said:

What he actually said was:

a) It has nothing to do with Brexit so Hancock's statement was, as usual for this Government, a complete lie - the UK has approved this under the EU rules which are still in force until the end of this month, so Brexit is completely irrelevant.

b) We haven't 'beaten' them to granting approval, we have simply taken a shortcut which in their opinion is unwise - the German government (and probably other EU governments, as any individual government could have taken the same approach as we did) considered a fast track approach and rejected it in the interests of ensuring its safety as far as possible.

Given that in the UK (and elsewhere) we have a significant problem in that there is a considerable proportion of the people who are sceptical about the vaccines and apparently quite a number who will refuse to take them - the rest of us may think they are  crackers but their views still have consequences for us all.

Even prior to the approval there was considerable concern amongst the scientists over whether a sufficient proportion of the population would ever take up the vaccine in order for us to achieve the 'herd immunity' which is hoped for.

So in that context any Government with a collective couple of brain cells to rub together would almost certainly decide that doing, and be seen to do, a very thorough approval was more important than getting a handful of people vaccinated before Christmas.

However, as always with our useless bunch of chancers the only thing they ever consider is the presentation and never the substance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Having to build lorry parks doesn't look good 😟

it will not be needed when we get a deal, which we will. 

Swindon, RTB, Moy and Jools are obviously so dug in to their “Brexit good, EU bad” positions that there is no point arguing anything with them. This Government has shown who they are, incompetent, hypocritical, authoritarian, liars. They may yet deliberately engineered a no deal and blame it on EU “intransigence”, but the piper will be paid one way or another. January will be chaos, and the hard Brexiteers will be held to account. The media has a duty to the nation not to soft peddle any emerging crisis and not promote disinformation from No 10 about why what happens is happening. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

A Remouner on here said that Boris would be given the fishing rights and claim it's a great deal, whilst forgetting the level playing field etc. Well it now looks like it's the other way around as Boris has now reduced his fishing quota to 60% to get a deal