Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

My problem birdie is that Farage is clearly a grifter, a conman and has done massive amounts of damage to this country. People making excuses for him boils my ****. 

• Like 1

Talking of the culture wars, you can't expect to lie (the notion that homosexuality is a "sin", that it is an "ideology") and not get confronted with the truth (that it isn't in both cases).

You don't confront lies with silence. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Herman said:

Interesting that neither birdie or barbie are questioning Farage's blatant fraudulence. 

Farage didn't have enough money for a coouts account. Everything else is pure speculation bordering on conspiracy theory and fantasy. I would be quite happy with farage entering quiet retirement so I have no great interest in doing him a  favour  and joining the pseudo sexual pursuit.

21 hours ago, Herman said:

You assume that people can't focus on more than one thing. There's numerous threads on this forum where you can discuss the inflation figures, Ukraine or Farage being a **** etc. and we're all capable of reading or writing on all of them. 

I'm not particularly talking about the back end of this forum. It's  a place where consenting adults come knowing what they will get.    But, yes I do believe that the general public  has limited bandwidth and thag some of that should be reserved for the very important things of the type you describe and not dominated by meghan markle, nigel farage, gender neutral pronouns, 'release the Russia report!' and all the rest of it

9 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Farage didn't have enough money for a coouts account. Everything else is pure speculation bordering on conspiracy theory and fantasy. I would be quite happy with farage entering quiet retirement so I have no great interest in doing him a  favour  and joining the pseudo sexual pursuit.

I'm not particularly talking about the back end of this forum. It's  a place where consenting adults come knowing what they will get.    But, yes I do believe that the general public  has limited bandwidth and thag some of that should be reserved for the very important things of the type you describe and not dominated by meghan markle, nigel farage, gender neutral pronouns, 'release the Russia report!' and all the rest of it

If we're getting technical I suspect the general public have a low pass filter.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

If we're getting technical I suspect the general public have a low pass filter.

Do I?  I looked that up on the Wikipedia and I'm still none the wiser as to what it is!

Edited by Barbe bleu

2 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

Do I?  I looked that up on the Wikipedia and I'm still none the wiser as to what it is!

It's a more acerbic play on words for anybody with an engineering background given your 'limited bandwidth' quip. A limited bandwidth signal is likely consistent with a low pass filter (it only allows or limits slow things to pass i.e. frequencies or in this quip people). Your (analogue not VOIP) phone has an ADSL filter in-line (low pass) before it meets the BT socket most likely. It stops the much higher frequency 'internet' or broadband signals from confusing your 'slow' (audio frequency) phone. Of course in the days of dial-up modems and faxes many of us will recall the slow beeps and buzzing of the 'slow' low bandwidth data stream!     

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

This is laughable, an overheard 5 word statement in a pub and you've managed to decide he 'had a lot of time for Nigel Farage. And clearly no interest in what either of the main parties have to say.'

I decided those bits from all of the other things he said after I struck up a conversation to sate my curiosity.

8 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I decided those bits from all of the other things he said after I struck up a conversation to sate my curiosity.

Even more laughable.

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Even more laughable.

It's incredible how many random encounters he has with strangers that just so happen to cover topics being discussed on the PinkUn AND amazingly back up hid opinion on the matter.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Even more laughable.

When are you two going to get  together? No one is buying all this 'no you're stupid' thing,  we all know it's you guys both protesting too much even if you don't.

Lyb Is only going to be in the country for a little while.  Sometimes you have to do crazy things for love, or live a lifetime of regret and 'what might have beens'

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

When are you two going to get  together? No one is buying all this 'no you're stupid' thing,  we all know it's you guys both protesting too much even if you don't.

Lyb Is only going to be in the country for a little while.  Sometimes you have to do crazy things for love, or live a lifetime of regret and 'what might have beens'

I can't help that he's stealing my material but then that's what a stupid person would do.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I can't help that he's stealing my material but then that's what a stupid person would do.

I was once accused of stealing material. I was called a plagiarist.

They were his words, not mine.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I was once accused of stealing material. I was called a plagiarist.

They were his words, not mine.

Did Mrs KG make some nice curtains with it? 

On 05/07/2023 at 10:44, littleyellowbirdie said:

Fraud's overegging it;. He has made a claim about why they're doing it. Increasingly it's clear that he's not rich enough to be a customer of theirs in principle and hasn't been for some time, but he has been one for a long time, so why now? Do they have other customers that have fallen under thresholds who they're also kicking out. It would be interesting to know.

You yourself have plenty of things you choose to believe are true without actually being able to support it. His supporters will take the same approach that he's right and it's 'the establishment getting revenge'. Let's face it, you're delighted about it simply because it's Farage; who knows?

Farage wanted us out of the EU for years. God knows why, but that's his right, same as it's Nicola Sturgeon's right to want Scotland out of the UK. Brexiteers and Scot Nats share a dim view of the 'establishment', so things like this that paint a picture where there 'could' be dirty tricks behind the scenes will always play well for them.

I've got way more reason to hate Farage than you. Him getting his way meant that having my titre de sejour stolen in London meant I spent my last day in London traipsing around police stations and talking to the embassy to make sure I was going to be alright going back into France, getting police reports to get a replacement. It means I have been stripped of my right to be here; instead I'm now a guest under sufferance of the French government. But I still respect the fact that I'm part of a democratic nation where people have the right to hold different views to myself and affect the way my country is governed and how it deals with other countries in a way I wouldn't necessarily approve of.

But it wasn't just Farage that caused the vote to leave the EU. It was a whole host of factors that combined to make the seemingly unlikely happen.

Your problem is you make everything personal, just like the comment I'm replying to.

rubbish, you just been taken in by Adolf Fartarsch, and you have the gall to tell us that you are the majority who loves Brexs..t. get a life!

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

rubbish, you just been taken in by Adolf Fartarsch, and you have the gall to tell us that you are the majority who loves Brexs..t. get a life!

Absolutely no idea what you're on about.

On 08/07/2023 at 13:01, A Load of Squit said:

Now you know how we feel.

How could I ever comprehend how a tiresome **** who insists on persisting with the most pointless personal jibes, like yourself, feels? More to the point, why would I care?

You really are unbelievably boring.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

I see that the EU have signed their fantastic trade deal with New Zealand. And they didn't have to leave the EU to do it. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

The sh!t show continues.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-66126185

Fears for Vauxhall Luton van plant's future due to Brexit

Yes - Until a few days ago I was of the opinion that the EU would relax the CoO rule - but for the EU it's about much bigger fish i.e not only UK but RoW including US imports and won't renegotiate it. It's a protective measure.

The UK car industry is about to be largely squashed out of existence between two or three much larger market behemoths. Squelch.

The continental car industry with its much larger domestic market and soon arriving / ramping up multiple 'Giga' can survive short term 10% tariffs selling to the UK but the other way around the UK selling to EU I suspect not.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

I see that the EU have signed their fantastic trade deal with New Zealand. And they didn't have to leave the EU to do it. 

https://www.euronews.com/2023/07/09/ambitious-balanced-and-green-eu-and-new-zealand-sign-free-trade-agreement

EU - Ambitious, balanced and green

Liz Truss for the UK - Desperate, desperate and desperate.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Also New Zealand joining Horizon too.

Are we missing the boat again ?

We want to participate in Horizon.

Is the EU demanding that new Zealand joins the EU to participate in Horizon?

5 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

We want to participate in Horizon.

Is the EU demanding that new Zealand joins the EU to participate in Horizon?

We chose to leave Horizon. Another British ukip led brainfart.

• Like 1