Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

39 minutes ago, Herman said:

Nobody is moaning about that Swindon. Even hardened Remainers think Rishi is doing a good job. He's currently showing a level of competence far more than anyone else.

moaning about the Government !

The government's handling of brexit and the lies they keep coming out with. Their handling of Covid has been very poor on the whole, bar a couple of exceptions, Rishi being one of them.

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I see

Pointing out the government lies and their failures that led to such an horrific death toll is moaning. ?

City lost last night 2-1, I suppose that is moaning as well.

16 minutes ago, Herman said:

"She said the UK would "be vulnerable to WTO challenge because of its border policy. This is because the UK plans to temporarily give the EU preferential treatment, which could be a breach of WTO rules if there is no UK-EU free-trade agreement in place."

About as 'vulnerable' as anyone would be vulnerable to feeling cold after jumping into the Wensum in midwinter.

The above falls under WTO rule 'most favoured nation' that has been explained on here since way back. If Truss has only just realised this then it should be of grave concern.

Not the consequences - but that we have someone 'in charge' who clearly hasn't the slightest idea about this.

What next.... her stunning realisation that the eurotunnel goes under water ?

2 hours ago, Herman said:

The government's handling of brexit and the lies they keep coming out with. Their handling of Covid has been very poor on the whole, bar a couple of exceptions, Rishi being one of them.

Rishi Sunak keeps delivering Liberal policies. I can't figure out what he is doing in the Tory party

6 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Rishi Sunak keeps delivering Liberal policies. I can't figure out what he is doing in the Tory party

Next Tory leader by the looks of it, and the way Johnson's been going for the last few months I'd guess it will be sooner rather than later.

2 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Next Tory leader by the looks of it, and the way Johnson's been going for the last few months I'd guess it will be sooner rather than later.

Yes he seems to be popular on all sides. At least he uses straightforward language unlike most politicians

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Government offers 50% off eating out, giving a £1,000 bonus for staff kept for three months when the furlough scheme ends, he will cut VAT on food, accommodation and attractions from 20% to 5% from next Wednesday & also announced a £2.1bn "kickstart scheme" to create more jobs for young people YET SOME OF YOU ARE STILL MOANING. THERE IS NO PLEASING YOU. He's doing an amazing job and I admire it.

Problem is Johnson is doing an abysmal failure of a job and you admire him too

19 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

oh dear

The Liberals are no longer a going concern politically - they merged with the SDP yonks ago - and even then they were pretty low on government investment

Any wonder you didn't know the A11 had been dualled

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Or, pointing out that money can now be found to help people to eat out, but took a pro footballer into shaming the same government into providing meals for kids through the summer

offering tax cuts to house owners while turfing the homeless back on the streets

putting up money for training youngsters - that should have been in place a decade ago

charging medical staff to park at their place of work - hospitals

even charging tax on covid19 tests for employees, as well as previously charging migrant NHS staff to be treated at their place of work - the hospital

so many stupid ideas that are put up then reversed when those not so clueless point out the flaws

and a PM who blames Care staff for not following the advice ........ that was not given

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Next time he will unveil his mask, Scooby Doo style, and reveal Jeremy Corbyn.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Yes he seems to be popular on all sides. At least he uses straightforward language unlike most politicians

I wonder if Johnson's ego will stand for Rishi getting ALL of today's headlies?😀

On Cummings current record I would make sure, if I was him, that I was well protected, when he visits some of the military bases

And not for the reasons you might think either

Edited by Bill

4 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Is that the passport is the wrong shade of blue?

New British passports to be produced in PolandAt least it's not got any mention of the EU on it !

6 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

It's good that you've used the Polish flag as the background. 🤣

Apples

I think it is the flag of Monaco upside down...😜

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

It's good that you've used the Polish flag as the background. 🤣

Apples

It may be because after the brexit vote they are now printed in Poland by a Dutch/French company

Instead of being printed in the UK as had been with those 'naughty' EU style passports the contract (£260m) went to a  'furriner' company, with a loss of English jobs

poor simple, deluded brexiteers

Bills

Edited by Bill

35 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

New British passports to be produced in PolandAt least it's not got any mention of the EU on it !

One of the benefits of Brexit? 

Sorry, the ONLY benefit of Brexit? 

On reflection: Is this really a benefit? 

14 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

He does indeed. I find it more difficult to criticise him despite being someone who wouldn't vote for his party. He seems honest, direct, succinct and demonstrates emotional intelligence. Maybe he is just good at the optics, even though he can resemble a thunderbird puppet at times.

It's easy to provide critical comment of course (you can always find an angle) and whoever was trying to put together a package to navigate recovery post pandemic will struggle. He also knows we are heading for a significant recession, unemployment levels of the Thatcher years and probably social unrest. Of all the cabinet he is the most believable.

20 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

He is very deliberately and competently trying to attain power I assume. Who in their right mind would join the Liberal Party with the idea of actually gaining power to govern the country? 

Or do you mean "Liberal" in the American sense? Which means any policy or outcome that isn't supported by the bat sh*t crazy right wing nut job screw everyone but the top 0.05% crowd?