The Positive Brexit Thread

Chinese made Melton Mowbray anyone? 

American coq au vin, with extra coq? 

Mmmmmm.. 

It should be fun when the Mouse Brains want to travel to the EU

A hefty amount for two comprehensive travel insurance policies

lowering value of the pound

and a long wait in the non EU passport queue

The only saving grace is that chronic stupidity is not classified as a pre-existing condition 🤣

Haha, **** ole Jools has changed the thread title. Project Fear is now Project Fact.

How refreshing it is to be able to read intelligent posts and not have to wade through reams of righty nonsense.... RTB and Jools

I've reinstated the simple Swindo for the novelty value - a man of almost infinite ignorance who never fails to come up with something even more stupid each time

And talking of stupidity

"The government's plan to create so-called freeports will have a "negligible" benefit to the UK economy, trade experts have warned."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/freeports-brexit-benefit-trade-a9621166.html

From one failure to another, this nonsense falls apart by the day

Farage Slams Project Fear Claims There Will Be Chaos at Ports After Brexit Transition

Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage has rejected claims that there would be chaos at Britain’s ports if the EU fails to agree on a new trade deal with the UK, adding that it would not be in Europe’s interest to block the flow of trade.

Following five months of negotiations, London and Brussels are at a stalemate over the terms of a new agreement. Britain wants to regain control of its laws and regulations, and the European Union has said that it will not agree on a deal unless the UK stays aligned with some of the bloc’s rules.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said that he will take the UK out of the Customs Union and Single Market at the end of the transition period on December 31st, 2020, with or without a deal.

Asked if he thought the EU’s negotiator Michel Barnier would want to scupper trade between the UK and EU, resulting in “chaos”, Mr Farage told talkRADIO’s Julia Hartley-Brewer on Tuesday: “Only if Monsieur Barnier wants chaos.”

“Only if Monsieur Barnier wants to make it difficult to sell French wine and German motor cars in Britain, then yes,” Mr Farage joked, before clarifying: “Of course not.”

The UK operated a £72 billion trade deficit with the EU in 2019, selling more to the bloc than was purchased from it, while having a £46 billion trade surplus with the rest of the world.

According to Statista, in 2018 the UK was the third-largest importer of German-made cars, behind China and the United States, but ahead of mainland European nations France and Italy.

The Brexit Party leader said: “We are entering the end game of the Brexit negotiations, so you have to expect that Brussels and their allies in the United Kingdom will paint as bleak a picture as they possibly can.”

Remainers and their European allies have indeed sought to paint bleak pictures of Brexit in the past four years. Such as that the vote to leave in 2016 would result in an immediate shock to the economy, leading to the loss of 500,000 jobs. Instead, before the coronavirus pandemic hit the Office for National Statistics reported record-high employment rates in February 2020.

Leaving without a deal also reportedly could result in a shortage of sandwiches, cheese, Mars bars, and clean drinking water. Arch Remainer and businessman Sir Richard Branson even claimed that a no-deal would be “more damaging to Great Britain than almost the Second World War”.

Mr Farage continued that from the British imports side, the UK is doing trade with nations where there is no deal, and no current restrictions are holding up incoming goods.

He said: “The reality is, we do trading in goods all over the world. Look at some of those container ships coming into Southampton today. Big container ships with thousands of containers on them.

“Do you think that because it’s coming from China there’s some little man that opens up each container and goes through them? Of course not. We have things called ‘trusted trader’ schemes. Most of the companies we deal with are known to us, in most cases trusted by us.

“If we can manage to do trade smoothly with the rest of the world, we can do so with the European Union.”

By Victoria Friedman

• Like 1

This is a great thread for highlighting all the flip-flops, lies and general BS the brexiters sold the country. What an epic scam. Never forgive or forget these people.

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

This is a great thread for highlighting all the flip-flops, lies and general BS the brexiters sold the country. What an epic scam. Never forgive or forget these people.

😀

The BBC has today confirmed it is culling 520 jobs 👍 A further seventy on top of the 450 job losses announced at the beginning of the month.

520 Lefty bigots sacked from the BBC and 180 Lefty bigots sacked from the Guardian 🍾🍻🥂

We're winning Righties 👌😀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jools said:

The BBC has today confirmed it is culling 520 jobs 👍 A further seventy on top of the 450 job losses announced at the beginning of the month.

520 Lefty bigots sacked from the BBC and 180 Lefty bigots sacked from the Guardian 🍾🍻🥂

We're winning Righties 👌😀

Working for the BBC or the Guardian doesn't make someone a Lefty

People work to earn money, and they take jobs where they can get them 

• Haha 1

It's hard now to find anything put out by the brexiteers that has not been exposed as a lie

Yes, the argument goes, they aren't the brightest of folk so should be forgiven their stupidity

But if a child of four can count to ten then a brexiteer should be able to read words that demonstrated they were being lied to.

Still, at least brexiteers will have plenty of practice in counting - how much their travel insurance will now cost, or the vets bills if they want to take their pet with them

They could even count the loss of the fags and booze they used to be able to take back. 😆

Just now, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

🤣 That's a cracker! 😂

Seriously though, the only Righty I can think of at the BBC is Andrew Neil and his show has been axed 👎

Name me one Righty at the Guardian 🙃  

Just now, Jools said:

🤣 That's a cracker! 😂

Seriously though, the only Righty I can think of at the BBC is Andrew Neil and his show has been axed 👎

Name me one Righty at the Guardian 🙃  

I'm  not talking about the journalists

I'm talking about the staff behind the scenes. I, nor you, would know if they are lefties or righties

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

It's hard now to find anything put out by the brexiteers that has not been exposed as a lie

Yes, the argument goes, they aren't the brightest of folk so should be forgiven their stupidity

But if a child of four can count to ten then a brexiteer should be able to read words that demonstrated they were being lied to.

Still, at least brexiteers will have plenty of practice in counting - how much their travel insurance will now cost, or the vets bills if they want to take their pet with them

They could even count the loss of the fags and booze they used to be able to take back. 😆

🙃

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

So Number 10 put forward a man with no intelligence to lead the Intelligence committee?

And now they've lost their **** over the guy that won. They really don't want the Russia report to come out.

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

So Number 10 put forward a man with no intelligence to lead the Intelligence committee?

And Labour have backed a patriotic Brexiteer in Lewis instead of the useless Grayling 👍 😀

7 hours ago, Herman said:

Well, why write such bollox? And maybe learn a bit about Thatcher and the Falklands. 

I was demonstrating that not everyone shares Mr. Deighton's views on Britain position on the global stage. Some people are not prepared to give up on their country or take their orders from the Chancellory in Berlin.  Obviously, it's all too much for you lefties to stand up for your country. Which probably explains why you never win elections.

4 hours ago, Herman said:

Chinese made Melton Mowbray anyone? 

American coq au vin, with extra coq? 

Mmmmmm.. 

Herman like extra coq. Who would have guessed!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bill said:

It should be fun when the Mouse Brains want to travel to the EU

A hefty amount for two comprehensive travel insurance policies

lowering value of the pound

and a long wait in the non EU passport queue

The only saving grace is that chronic stupidity is not classified as a pre-existing condition 🤣

Only the foolish would travel abroad without travel insurance. What is your point?

1 hour ago, Bill said:

How refreshing it is to be able to read intelligent posts and not have to wade through reams of righty nonsense.... RTB and Jools

I've reinstated the simple Swindo for the novelty value - a man of almost infinite ignorance who never fails to come up with something even more stupid each time

And talking of stupidity

"The government's plan to create so-called freeports will have a "negligible" benefit to the UK economy, trade experts have warned."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/freeports-brexit-benefit-trade-a9621166.html

From one failure to another, this nonsense falls apart by the day

you've re-instated Swindon because everyone else has blocked you. What happened to clucky nora?

1 hour ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

People work to earn money, and they take jobs where they can get them 

Perhaps they could learn to code?😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

I was demonstrating that not everyone shares Mr. Deighton's views on Britain position on the global stage. Some people are not prepared to give up on their country or take their orders from the Chancellory in Berlin.  Obviously, it's all too much for you lefties to stand up for your country. Which probably explains why you never win elections.

Patriotism isn't simply having Union Jack tattoos, being rude to foreign people and singing "Two World Wars..." it's about doing what is right for your country and all its people. Sometimes that means cooperation, making joint decisions that will benefit other countries as well as yourself and generally being civilised and putting away previous animosity to ex-enemies.

Sadly Rocky all you and your brexitty chums have done is willfully hand over your country, your fellow workers and your children's futures into the hands of the most greedy and self serving politicians this country has ever known. You sold us all out and you don't know why except to "own the libs". Rather pathetic really.

The government is now changing its brexit slogan of 'let's get going' to 'best stay at home'

as many brexiteers will find themselves priced out of foreign travel

41 minutes ago, Herman said:

And now they've lost their **** over the guy that won. They really don't want the Russia report to come out.

sounding like it is even worse than I thought - could be more than just Fat Boy taking dodgy backhanders to.... 'play tennis' 🙄

if it touches on LeaveUK and other brexiteers being funded by the Russians, as with Banks, then it will open up a whole can of worms as the pressure will be on to take it further

And with the orange faced arsole in the US about to be booted out there will undoubtedly follow investigation into dodgy Russian funding of him and his campaign

stuff that is certain to tie up with the UK side of things

'Gislaine Maxwell meet Nigel Farage, he's in the cell next to yours'

I suspect the intention was to try to keep it under wraps until Parliament shut down for the summer (Weds 22nd) - it needs to be raised before Parliament closes = so allowing further investigation over the summer

For all his political views Lewis is not a yes man, and so was backed by the others to ensure 'fair play'

Just as with trying to block Parliament having a vote. and the proroguing of Parliament the right is never too keen on open democracy

Thankfully, being a Tory doesn't always mean you are corrupt

On 07/01/2020 at 20:24, Rock The Boat said:

I spent ten years working as a consultant for the EU in both Brussels and Luxembourg. At all their major sites they have a supermarket selling luxury products at knock down prices, not just for the politicians but also for the fonctionaires (the civil servants). Tax-free and vat-free Champagne cost a couple of quid back in the day.

Each Friday lunchtime I would go and buy a crate of Champagne and a side of smoked salmon and invite a group of bureaucrats to my office for a free drinks session during the afternoon which meant I got plenty of projects channelled my way. The trough was deep and they emptied it on a regular basis.

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Perhaps they could learn to code?😂

You worked as a consultant for the EU?

😆

• Haha 1

So Rocky worked as a corrupt EU mandarin. Jools was best mates with David Bowie. And best of all, Swindo had a brief affair with a supermodel. Jimmy Hill smiles down on our brexiters.

• Haha 1