PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

5 hours ago, Van wink said:

Yep agreed.......I've not been following the election closely but it appears that some press outlets are suggesting things may be a lot closer in the election than the conventional wisdom, is that just press talk trying build up a bit of extra enthusiasm for their broadcasts tonight or is there a narrowing in the polls?

As Herman says, there has been a bit of a tightening, and there is an idea that some people polled won't say they support Trump, in the way some Tory voters in the UK won't admit it. But I suspect the pollsters have factored this in this time.

I have pored (!) over the permutations and Biden will win the popular vote, and I believe he will win in the electoral college (unless and until the Supreme Court weighs in) if he wins only one out of Texas, Florida or Pennsylvania. Even if Trump wins all three Biden could still win, but it would be much harder.

I don't object to the US electing Republicans (though I would generally prefer that they did not) but Trump is a crook who has run the country just as you would expect a crook to run a country, trampling over its supposed democratic safeguards, and will carry on in the same vein given the chance. And he will be even more of a disaster for the wildlife and ecology of the US and of the planet in general.

Early hours, early days, but the detailed uncertaintly makes its a bit more interesting than I thoughtYikes.jpg.0e65544a958fceb7337102bd4e3cb859.jpg

Currently talk of Biden not having overwhelmed Trump with the later having a slight edge with it likely to go to the wire at the end of the week. From what I see it's looking good for Biden.

30 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Watching the BBC, they seem to think Trump is doing well 

Looks like a tight race

Yes it is, but the mail votes are making it a potential red herring. They think Trump has the momentum because there is no key Biden state wins except Arizona, but what Biden needs are the rust belt states and they will be later on in the week.

4 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Trump "votes cannot be cast after the poles are closed"

🤣

Clearly a wall metaphor against Mexicans bringing Chinese viruses

• Like 1

No, he's lost and he knows it.... the is the fascist coup stage of the election.... hold tight. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 23.37.51.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 23.42.26.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 23.43.28.png

Trump has had luck to have the uninspiring Biden as an opponent, but the later only needs a few more states. 

I stated on here weeks ago that I would not put any money on the outcome of this election and it looks like trump may pull it off with the help of the supreme court..if indeed it goes that far. That is the one and only reason that his latest pick for supreme court judge was rushed through. I fear all is lost and it will be the real end of democracy in the USA for years to come.

Well this is certainly interesting.  This should have been a walk in for the Democrats. Regardless of the final result are there parallels with the UK election?

Edited by Barbe bleu

Jesus! Trump declares victory and says the rest of the votes shouldn't be counted. That's from page 1 of the Dictators Handbook. Trump is nothing more than a puny Putin. What a disaster for democracy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SHRIMPER said:

I stated on here weeks ago that I would not put any money on the outcome of this election and it looks like trump may pull it off with the help of the supreme court..if indeed it goes that far. That is the one and only reason that his latest pick for supreme court judge was rushed through. I fear all is lost and it will be the real end of democracy in the USA for years to come.

FVCKWIT

20 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Jesus! Trump declares victory and says the rest of the votes shouldn't be counted. That's from page 1 of the Dictators Handbook. Trump is nothing more than a puny Putin. What a disaster for democracy.

FVCKWIT

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

No, he's lost and he knows it.... the is the fascist coup stage of the election.... hold tight. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 23.37.51.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 23.42.26.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 23.43.28.png

No he's won Surfer. It's just the mail-in fraud and vote stuffing of the Dirty Democrats that can stop him now. 

Still believe those fake polls of the MSM?

The American people have spoken and their votes said Trump. 

5 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Well that says more about the BBC

You could make a fortune, Sky Bet have just gone from 1/6 Trump and 5/2 Biden to 4/5 Biden and Evens Trump, not sure what happened and why that is ? 

6 minutes ago, Well b back said:

The live betting is going mad, can anyone explain what’s happened for it to do so ? Biden just went in to 8/11

In most of the states still up for grabs Biden is trailing Trump but in some of them - I think Pennsylvania is an example - the votes still to be counted are mail-in from urban areas and so may  have a pro-Biden preponderance.