PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

9 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Now here's an odd thing that I don't understand WBB, so you'll have to help me with this. 

For almost a year now you've been running a couple of threads updating us daily on the global attempts to keep yourself from being stricken down dead from this nasty coronavirus. Yet you seem quite happy to allow unborn children to be murdered in their mother's womb. That seems like one rule for them but one rule.for you. How is that fair?

That’s a weird thing to approve of.

A baby dies inside the womb. If it is not removed the mother could suffer serious infection or even death and you approve of people abusing that woman on Trumps say so ?

You have no idea of my views on wether a woman who has had consensual **** and gets pregnant has an abortion either.

Just now, Yellow Fever said:

You could of guessed we'd not get an original thought but a cut & paste of third party dubious claims.

Well, YF, those are the things Trumpski has achieved and in the face of adversity --- Matters not a jot if I've chosen to copy & paste.

I like what he's achieved and he's a friend of the American & British people 👍

8 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

You could of guessed we'd not get an original thought but a cut & paste of third party dubious claims.

My short answer to that of course is that he winds up all the right people 😎

38 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

‘Dubious’ is putting it kindly. Too much trouble to go through the entire list, so two items will suffice to show what an alternative reality Trump supporters inhabit. One is the claim that he has ended family separations. Really? The other eyebrow raiser is a headline that says Peace in the Middle East but which is followed by a list of actions not  one of which brings peace in that region closer and with most of them actually making it harder to achieve.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

‘Dubious’ is putting it kindly. Too much trouble to go through the entire list, so two items will suffice to show what an alternative reality Trump supporters inhabit. One is the claim that he has ended family separations. Really? The other eyebrow raiser is a headline that says Peace in the Middle East but which is followed by a list of actions not  one of which brings peace in that region closer and with most of them actually making it harder to achieve.

I decided not to give a view on the list as I intimated I wouldn't, like some kind of trap. I was curious because I cannot really understand the degree of advocacy for him. I did feel the response wasn't very personal but maybe Jools strongly feels aligned to those points?

There is a feature either in the Guardian or the Independent yesterday of Trump in 8 graphs. It was a fact checker and very illuminating. You may have read.

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

I decided not to give a view on the list as I intimated I wouldn't, like some kind of trap. I was curious because I cannot really understand the degree of advocacy for him. I did feel the response wasn't very personal but maybe Jools strongly feels aligned to those points?

There is a feature either in the Guardian or the Independent yesterday of Trump in 8 graphs. It was a fact checker and very illuminating. You may have read.

You would have to ask Jools that!  He has a long history (particularly with Brexit) of posting pasted screeds usually much longer that this and when the many fallacious claims and arguments are pointed out then he will be struck dumb, leaving the inescapable impression that he has either not read or read but not understood the contents, because he never has a comeback.

I would be surprised ifJools is strongly aligned to these points in the sense of having thought them through and considered the counter arguments before coming to a decision. In lieu of having a cogent argument himself he just found a rightwinger’s idiot list and posted it.

5 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

You would have to ask Jools that!  He has a long history (particularly with Brexit) of posting pasted screeds usually much longer that this and when the many fallacious claims and arguments are pointed out then he will be struck dumb, leaving the inescapable impression that he has either not read or read but not understood the contents, because he never has a comeback.

I would be surprised ifJools is strongly aligned to these points in the sense of having thought them through and considered the counter arguments before coming to a decision. In lieu of having a cogent argument himself he just found a rightwinger’s idiot list and posted it.

Given the point format Jools posted, here is that article from the Indy, also in points, looking at claims and reality, plus a comparison with the previous administration in some points.

Trump in charts: Nine graphs visualising everything from coronavirus and the economy, to Twitter use and golf trips 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/trump-charts-2020-election-golf-twitter-coronavirus-economy-immigration-data-b1209224.html

• Thanks 1

The big problem is, and I feel it is intentional, that "his" posts are full of inaccuracies but so long that most people haven't got the time or patience to pull them apart. They are easy to rip to shreds but time consuming and by the time it has been properly fact checked it is already flying aroud the internet like a winged turd.

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

The big problem is, and I feel it is intentional, that "his" posts are full of inaccuracies but so long that most people haven't got the time or patience to pull them apart. They are easy to rip to shreds but time consuming and by the time it has been properly fact checked it is already flying aroud the internet like a winged turd.

I just wanted to understand the psychology I think. i.e. what is the motivation, what is the source of such a strong conviction. 

3 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I just wanted to understand the psychology I think. i.e. what is the motivation, what is the source of such a strong conviction. 

Methamphetamine? 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Jools said:

My short answer to that of course is that he winds up all the right people 😎

Get back from dining in one of my favourite North Norfolk haunts and the previous nine posts to the above statement tells me I'm spot on 😎

2 hours ago, Jools said:

1. Fastest-growing economy in history. The U.S. economy grew at 33.1% in the third quarter of 2020, a record. 

>> A statistical freak based on a decline of about 50% the previous two quarters. 

>> The economy was proceeding at the same growth rate for 15 years until March when the lack of a national response to the Virus cratered the economy which has not recovered. 

2. Lowest unemployment in 50 years. The U.S. hit 3.5% unemployment, the lowest in 50 years. Black, Latino, and Asian American unemployment was the lowest on record. Poverty hit a record low — for minorities and for Americans in general

>> Even if true for a month or two, it’s not anymore. The economy was generating jobs for all sections of society for 15 straight years prior to March so he was doing no better or worse than Obama. 

3. Victory over ISIS and radical Islamic terror. The U.S. smashed the so-called “Islamic State” and killed its leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. Though recent events in France remind us of the need to be vigilant, Trump suppressed the terror threat.

>> Yes some things happen on your watch even if you didn’t try very hard - a bit like daddy giving you control of the real estate business some deals happen despite you - if you leave the Army doing exactly what it was doing these things can happen. 

4. A border wall and immigration enforcement. The Trump administration constructed 400 miles of new and replacement wall on the southern border

>> The key word being replacement. New wall construction is about 5 (five) miles. 

It ended family separation, and stopped the migrant caravans.

>> The courts ordered them to stop separating families and there never were migrant caravans - just a Fox News story to gin up votes before an election. 

5. Diplomatic opening with North Korea. Trump brought the U.S. back from the brink of war with North Korea

>> the US was never on the brink of war with North Korea

meeting with Kim Jong-un and laying the foundation for negotiations toward the complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

>> maybe someone should tell that to Kim Jong Un who has taken his meeting and the PR and stuck two fingers up at Trump. 

6. Peace in the Middle East. Trump moved our embassy to Jerusalem, recognized Israeli sovereignty in the Golan Heights, ended the Iran deal, and killed Qasem Soleimani.

>> We could debate the wisdom of any of those moves, but let’s not quibble there

He forged peace between Israel and Arab states, and kept us. out of war.

>> The recent agreements between Israel and Gulf States is an Israeli initiative and these states have never been at war. 

>> and caving to Turkey and Russia to betray our Kurdish allies is just cowardly. 

>> Shall we throw in subsurviance to Saudi Arabia and helping them conduct war in Yemen?  

7. Three Supreme Court justices and record appointments. Trump put three originalist conservatives on the highest court and confirmed more federal judges in his first term than any president in four decades — most notably at the appellate level.

>> If these are “achievements” they are for The Federalist Society and Senate Leader Mitch McConnell who blocked judicial appointments in President Obama’s last term. Trump just outsourced the issue. 

8. Historic achievements for black Americans. In addition to economic prosperity, Trump also created the Opportunity Zones, enacted prison reform, funded HBCUs, and ended funding restrictions for religious HBCUs and seminaries.

>> BS All round

9. Creating USMCA to replace NAFTA. Trump created the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA), a free trade agreement with stronger protections for American workers than NAFTA, which had encouraged jobs to leave the country.

>> More BS, it’s a relatively minor tweak To create NAFTA 2.0, but he had to rename it. 

10. Standing up to China. On trade, on opioids, and on foreign policy, President Trump was the first in 50 years to stand up to China’s ambition to dominate the U.S. economy and the world. He also slowed the coronavirus with the China travel ban.

>> More BS. The trade deficit with China has significantly increased And US farm income has collapsed since he started the trade war requiring a massive bailout by the US taxpayer. 

>> The CoronaVirus response is the worst in the developed world, so even taking the claim at face value it was insufficient. 

2 hours ago, Jools said:

11. A stronger military, and Space Force. Trump restored U.S. dominance by rebuilding the military

>> The military that has been funded by every President was funded by this President too - there was no “rebuilding”

. He also created a new branch of the armed forces, the Space Force.

>> So we have signaled  an explicit intent to militarize space, created a new burocracy  and stole Star Trek’s flag but added no new capabilities to the national defense. 

And he launched Operation Warp Speed to deliver a coronavirus vaccine.

>> And has failed to deliver it on his own timeline. 

Trump stood up for the idea of America, its history, its heroes, its law enforcement, and its Constitution, against radical forces sowing destruction in the streets of our nation.

>> That would be standing up for those who idolize the Confederacy, white supremacy and religious theocracy over the actual ideals expressed in the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution, 

>> And you can add to that ignoring the laws that flow from that Constitution at every opportunity.

Only Trump could have done it.

>> on that point I agree with you.

See answer back in - line above. A bigger line of BS could only be found coming out of the White House itself. I’m surprised he forgot to claim the tax cuts or gutting Obamacare in that long list. 

5 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Based on Fox voter analysis from 2018? Hmmm. Still I suppose there hasn't been anything like a deadly pandemic to change voters' minds. Anyway, the obvious point is that if you are so confident then you will take that £100 bet, won't you?

Just give the £100 to your chosen cause, Purple...

Cut out the middle man 😎

1 hour ago, Jools said:

Just give the £100 to your chosen cause, Purple...

Cut out the middle man 😎

I wouldn't bother with this loser Purple. Scrounger would only bet if he new he could claim it back from the tax-payer.

8 hours ago, sonyc said:

Trump gives their toxic views legitimacy. For the first time in decades they can air their nastiness and the have the most powerful man in the world on their side. I dread to think what four more years of this man will do.

• Like 1

5. Diplomatic opening with North Korea. 

Surely Dennis Rodman deserves the credit for that. Trumps just jumped on the bandwagon

45 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

5. Diplomatic opening with North Korea. 

Surely Dennis Rodman deserves the credit for that. Trumps just jumped on the bandwagon

Indeed! And Kim Jong-Un Played Trump like a red-neck strumming a banjo. Utterly embarrassing for the USA.

You see Jools, there are these things call cell phones, that can document the illegal harassment tactics - quite literally attempting to run Biden's tour bus and supporting cars off the road. See below at about 16 seconds. 

America will overcome these thugs.... their reckoning with reality and justice is coming a lot sooner than they might think.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/biden-camp-cancels-austin-texas-event-after-pro-trump-ambush-on-campaign-bus

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/biden-campaign-cancels-austin-rally-trump-supporters-reportedly-harass-bus-on-i-35

These yahoos (and I have lived in Texas, wonderful people, so not an insult towards Texans) are scared that Biden might just win.... TEXAS. Yes, deep red TEXAS could actually elect a Democrat, not a Republican. 

Texas.jpg

Edited by Surfer