Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Stump

Weird crushes.

I always thought it was odd when the likes of Britney Spears were getting lauded as beauties when I thought Lene Marlin was just better all round. Better singer by a mile, and I thought she had quite the natural beauty about her.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

I always thought it was odd when the likes of Britney Spears were getting lauded as beauties when I thought Lene Marlin was just better all round. Better singer by a mile, and I thought she had quite the natural beauty about her.

That was a name I'd totally forgotten about for 20 odd years. I had to look her up. I remember this song being played alot. Hummed along to the chorus! 

https://youtu.be/RD7kFCSfvvY

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

That was a name I'd totally forgotten about for 20 odd years. I had to look her up. I remember this song being played alot. Hummed along to the chorus! 

https://youtu.be/RD7kFCSfvvY

This was her best-known song. The paradox with Marlin was that she preferred doing slow-paced and more melancholic, wallowing pop, yet her biggest hit was this one, which was the opposite.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Yesss...

Is that a YESSS or a “maybe” yesss… ? (Either is acceptable)

Some quality necromancy going on to resurrect this thread. Although if we're going to mention singers that don't seem to go overboard but could be understated, how does Sara Bareilles sound?

EDIT: This reminds me of an amusing episode in a German lesson in sixth form. I cannot remember (it was over 25 years ago) how the heck the lesson went there, but one lad said his three favourite women were Margaret Thatcher, Mother Teresa (!) and Margarita Pracatan. That had a whole bunch of us completely scratching our heads.

One of our physics teachers admitted to a crush on Carol Vorderman. Gotta say, he had a point.

Edited by TheGunnShow

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Shaved heads. Sides only, one side or both, not the top, I'm not that ****ing weird 😁

*See Laura Lexx or Maisie Adam

Not sigourney weaver in alien 3 tho. Altho having revisited it recently the film is much better than I remember. 4+  and the avp films are utter Ipswich tho. 

Probably for another thread but I wouldn't want hair now I'm bald. Way too much effort 

Edited by The Raptor

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Screenshot_20230616_050805_Facebook.thumb.jpg.437e1368371aba7443fd58a692ab9406.jpg

Fantastic. I might use that as my new wallpaper.

Not on my phone ... I mean all over my frekin house.

Edit.. Why can't I scroll away? 🫣

Edited by scoop
  • Haha 1

On 06/10/2014 at 22:08, Johnny Stump said:

Resurrecting an old thread.

Who do do have a thing about, a little bit off kilter.

Victoria Coren for me.

Maybe that''s not so strange.

That's not even remotely strange. It would be weird of you didn't.

On 20/07/2022 at 20:51, Herman said:

Now she is definitely not a weird crush. 

Have  to  agree, Hermano . An educated slightly hippy chick, whats not to like?. 

13 minutes ago, Herman said:

I'd put Sally Phillips in the same category. 

I'd happily  put em in the same triple bed as me. 😉🤘😇

• Haha 1