Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Norovirus

This winter vomiting bug spreads like wildfire through minimal contact.

As an act of social responsibility shouldn''t NCFC be providing hand sanitisers at all entrances to FCR for the foreseeable future?

If we get a spread the attendances will tumble, less people will buy food and drinks and so the action is cost effective.

Oh my days.  If I get it I''m going to be sick for a couple of days, it''s not the bloody end of the world.Also, last year 3m people were ''infected'', the population is what, 65m now?  You do the math.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Oh my days.  If I get it I''m going to be sick for a couple of days, it''s not the bloody end of the world.Also, last year 3m people were ''infected'', the population is what, 65m now?  You do the math.[/quote]

You should probably ask someone to do the English aswell.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Oh my days.  If I get it I''m going to be sick for a couple of days, it''s not the bloody end of the world.

Also, last year 3m people were ''infected'', the population is what, 65m now?  You do the math.
[/quote]

I think this would be an excellent move. As Norwich have upwards of 500k people passing through their gates each season it would confirm Norwich as a caring club. The cost would be minimal, and the kudos from a PR perspective would be well worth the investment.

As for the 3m people who were "infected" - do you know what percentage attended football games? I suspect it would be higher than the 5% of the UK population. Notwithstanding that, any initiative that could reduce the percentage of people being affected by a virus should be welcomed.

Everybody should produce a certificate from thier Doc or local BUPA health centre showing that they have passed a medical in the previous 7 days and be made to wear an official NCFC face mask (available in the Canary Store reasonably priced at £9.99 - every penny raised towards the Jan transfer kitty) before being allowed in.

[quote user="Nick"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Oh my days.  If I get it I''m going to be sick for a couple of days, it''s not the bloody end of the world.Also, last year 3m people were ''infected'', the population is what, 65m now?  You do the math.[/quote]

You should probably ask someone to do the English aswell.

[/quote]If was a pedant I could say exactly the same to you; but I''m not that pathetic.

[quote user="ABC A Basingstoke Canary"]

I think this would be an excellent move. As Norwich have upwards of 500k people passing through their gates each season it would confirm Norwich as a caring club. The cost would be minimal, and the kudos from a PR perspective would be well worth the investment.

As for the 3m people who were "infected" - do you know what percentage attended football games? I suspect it would be higher than the 5% of the UK population. Notwithstanding that, any initiative that could reduce the percentage of people being affected by a virus should be welcomed.

[/quote]One, it''s not 500k different people though.I don''t see the relevance of your statistics, if football supporters make up 10% of the population then the maths tell us that only 5% of that 10% would fall ill.  Minimal.People get ill all the time unfortunately.  The chances are that amongst 26k people someone may be infected, and if that''s the case then it''s bad luck.  I could walk into my local Tesco and someone there may be infected.As long as people have an ounce of personal hygiene the chances of the virus being spread is extremely low.

"You do the math."

I think you will find it is maths

I''m not too sure if the ground could cope with the delay involved either

[quote user="ncfcstar"]The chances are that amongst 26k people someone may be infected......[/quote]You just have to hope they don''t discover they have it just as the whistle blows for half-time! [:$]

I''ve never really understood hand sanitisers as the solution to these problems. Do the germs only get spread via our hands? I could wash my hands with whatever sort of sanitiser you put out, but if I then go and cough in the face of the person stood next to me, surely that''s going to pass the germs on anyway?

And given the lack of usage the toilet hand washing facilities get, I''m not sure little squirty bottles of hand sanitisers by the gates would be a particularly wise investment!

" I could wash my hands with whatever sort of sanitiser you put out, but if I then go and cough in the face of the person stood next to me, surely that''s going to pass the germs on anyway?"

Then don''t cough in somebody''s face

Does anybody know anything about transmission and how to prevent it? Listen to the public health campaigns, they aren''t lying to you...

People worry about this sort of thing to much, come into contact with the germs and your immune system in most cases will fight it off. People with poor basic hygene wont wash their hands after going to the toilet, do you really think they are going to start improving at the sight of a hand sanitiser at a football ground? For those who worry about it maybe invest in one of those white anti-contamination suits at least we''d get a good laugh.

If you''ve young kids at school or nursery you might aswell give up now on any of this idea of avoiding bugs and germs.

As the Cat says - "don''t cough in someones face"

Because people touch their faces several hundred times a day, then my understanding of hand sanitizers is to reduce the amount of "splodge" one puts on their face and thereby inhaling or ingesting (eg through involuntary licking of lips) etc. The root of the "splodge" could be an unhygienic oik who doesn''t wash their hands - and its various routes to your hands and face ranges from door handles to sharing a packet of crisps.

I would recommend watching "Contagion" to anyone who has a cavalier approach to infection control!

Oh come on ABC, would you recommend ''''Aliens'''' for anyone thinking of going on a journey into space. I agree everyone should practice basic hygene but honestly people really shouldnt start watching movies and applying it to real life you''d never leave the house, in any event i dont think hand sanitizers would have been the solution. You''ll probably bring to match days more germs in your pocket with your loose change that you keep handling, when two people before you it was in the pocket of some incontinent tramp who used it to buy his special brew, than you''ll get from the person''s hands sat next to you.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]I never wash my hands and I''m very partial to free bar snacks![/quote]It''s the Knobovirus that you should be worried about.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]I never wash my hands and I''m very partial to free bar snacks![/quote]

You dirty `aipeth, education about personal hygiene has always been a problem area for retards! It`s very well known you know.

[quote user="Lets be aving you"]

"Just don''t kiss anyone when you go to the match....especially with tongues!

Even if we are winning 6-0."

Keep it safe. Just get them to tickle your tadger.

[/quote]

Unless your neighbour is an off-duty policewoman in which case something else might get felt.......[:O]

Buy your grub in the concourse and take it over to the hand sanitizer dispenser.....Squirt a couple of blobs on your purchased grub.....Then scoff grub and digest.....

Sorted, and now you''re immune from the Norovirus....

Anyway, that Norovirus bug multiplies in ketchup, brown sauce and mustard...... and many other relishes.....FACT!

I should have been a Doctor.....