Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

A hardcore punk, rock opera, in four acts. An ambitious 4 track epic that mixes many musical genres from classical, folk, hardcore, thrash and others that you will pick up. It's not an easy listen at first because so much is going on but after numerous listens in the car it starts to click. Act 3 is the most coherent.

Going through a post-punk/New Order style band phase at the moment as these 3 are great within that genre. If you're into New Order or The Cure give this a listen because it'll be right up your alley

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 1

First concert in a while. Going to see Max as part of Coventry's City of Culture events. Voices seems very appropriate.

• Like 1

Saw this band at Shiiine in November 2021 and they were the best out of all the bands there, including GlasVegas, Black Grape, The Coral, Feeder and Cast.

Also saw them last month at the legendary Jacaranda in Liverpool. Remind me of Joy Division and Kasabian.

mqdefault_6s.webp?du=3000&sqp=CM64rpEG&r

I was introduced to Walter Leigh as a result of discovering Ruth Gipps. He was arguably born the wrong time, signing up for the army in WW2 and dying in Tobruk in 1941, aged 36. 

Not one for the harpsichord especially but this piece never disappoints...1934.

• Like 1

The other half likes this certain band and has been obsessed with them since their debut album. I personally think they are sh*t and have been forced to listen to their forthcoming album, as a friend of her’s who works in music media managed to get an advance CDR copy of it.

She loves it and I personally think it sucks, so have been forced at gunpoint to listen to that tripe all afternoon. Give me Porcupine Tree any day of the week over that Kerrang cr@p.

Edited by KernowCanary
  • Like 1

On 11/03/2022 at 17:21, Herman said:

First concert in a while. Going to see Max as part of Coventry's City of Culture events. Voices seems very appropriate.

Marvelous. Highly impressive music, opening with the Ukrainian national anthem. Warwick Arts Centre a very good venue on a fantastic campus. 

On 12/03/2022 at 20:23, KernowCanary said:

The other half likes this certain band and has been obsessed with them since their debut album. I personally think they are sh*t and have been forced to listen to their forthcoming album, as a friend of her’s who works in music media managed to get an advance CDR copy of it.

She loves it and I personally think it sucks, so have been forced at gunpoint to listen to that tripe all afternoon. Give me Porcupine Tree any day of the week over that Kerrang cr@p.

Porcupine Tree are one of those bands that are both little heard of but also have a large and loyal fan base. 

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Porcupine Tree are one of those bands that are both little heard of but also have a large and loyal fan base. 

Our drummer was in an early Hemel band with Steven.

Although I’ve been aware of Porcupine Tree and No-Man for about 30 years I’ve never been persuaded to listen to anything by them.

8 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Our drummer was in an early Hemel band with Steven.

Although I’ve been aware of Porcupine Tree and No-Man for about 30 years I’ve never been persuaded to listen to anything by them.

My brother is a big fan of them so tried to persuade me to try them out. Another one of those bands that didn’t really click for me. 

If you haven’t heard it already, give their album “Stupid Dream” a try. A friend of mine was before he heard that album, only liked certain songs and wasn’t too fussed by whole albums of their work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

of all the shítty results at the weekend, by far the worst was my darling daughters narrowly failing to make it to Eurovision. They came through the semi final the week before, then the final of 5 competitors, but eventually lost in the super final 

They would have been a smash at Eurovision

Ok, lyrics like "Fúck boys they keep me dry like an umbrella" and "She’s the virgin Mary, baby I’m the whóre" might have upset the Euro bigwigs, but we would have found a workaround

Tökum af stað / Turn this around

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man