Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

Sigur Ros have a new album out so here's something brilliant from when then were still a young band.

• Like 2

A up and coming band featuring Robert Peston on vocals, Ed Balls on drums and John Wilson (of 'Front Row on R4) on guitar.

I think they've found their niche (it's not this).

On 10/09/2023 at 17:30, A Load of Squit said:

A up and coming band featuring Robert Peston on vocals, Ed Balls on drums and John Wilson (of 'Front Row on R4) on guitar.

I think they've found their niche (it's not this).

Brilliant, but not sure Malcolm Maclaren would have seen this as the end result all this years ago.

I heard this today and loved it. A powerful piece of music with cellos and effects. As far away from Erasure/Yazoo style synth-pop as possible.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Herman said:

I heard this today and loved it. A powerful piece of music with cellos and effects. As far away from Erasure/Yazoo style synth-pop as possible.

Like it.

I’ve had a headache for days now that is ruining my sleep and this video pretty much sums how I feel right now!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

There's far, far better Banshees songs he could have picked 😁

They are one of those bands you forget about for years and then something pops up that made me listen to The Scream recently.  I would guess my judgement is coloured by having played it a lot during my teens but I think it has some great tracks, Jigsaw Feeling included.

That led me back to The Sky’s Gone Out by Bauhaus (I hadn’t realised but I must have had a bit of a late-teen Goth phase, before Goths existed) I know they have a bit of a cheesy reputation but if you view it as a Grand Guignol type tongue-in-cheek thing, it is great. Really inventive. And I still love this (although not on that album) - who remembers that they mixed in dub reggae?

• Like 2

I’ve recently read Peter Hook’s book about The Haçienda and then his book about Joy Division. I’m now reading Jon Savage’s book about Joy Division but I’ve been listening to my favourite New Order tracks and I think this is my number one favourite by them.

9 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

I’ve recently read Peter Hook’s book about The Haçienda and then his book about Joy Division. I’m now reading Jon Savage’s book about Joy Division but I’ve been listening to my favourite New Order tracks and I think this is my number one favourite by them.

Yeah, that's a great song off a great album.

'nobody' decent film. A bit of a john wick clone but very watchable fun for a couple of hours.

A cracking soundtrack. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Sounding pretty timeless

All the way from.... er, Weybridge. 😬 Sounds good. 👍

Morganway - an utterly wonderful band from East Anglia destined for really big things.  Listen and enjoy!

Edited by Naturalcynic