Talk Show Host

What y'all listening to?

4 hours ago, Herman said:

For the Wordle guys.

And there was me thinking of the Carpenters yesterday😂😂

All appalling song in many respects but one that has obviously been stuck around (deep) in my psyche after 50 years 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

All appalling song in many respects but one that has obviously been stuck around (deep) in my psyche after 50 years 😄

Yep I had Carpenters too.

Me oh my oh...😁

Edited by Wings of a Sparrow

4 hours ago, sonyc said:

It's not the best CCR song either to be honest. 😀

A mix of stuff in hope that 1 out of 4 at least might find an audience.

I was (still am) a House of Love fan. Yet I like this Soft Science version of one of their songs.

Secondly, disco! But mainly it's the funky bass line. Same for the third song...which is over 50 years old but could be now. Typically deep lyric in his songs. No wonder Nick Cave and Bowie were hugely influenced.

Lastly, Cerys M plus choir (of course). Translation from the Welsh is interesting and you can appreciate the values held by the men from the valleys.

• Like 2

One of the initial Psychedelic songs that inspired so many others. Great Rickenbacker playing from McGuinn and vocal harmonies that nobody performs anymore.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posibly already posted these so apologies (I was drunk. Put a breathalyser on my phone!)

Anyway. This afternoon. We have mainly been practicing these...

• Like 1

Take The Skinheads Bowling can be put up as many times as you like.

A bit of contemporary classical from R3.

And a bit of beauty from Aphex Twin thanks to 6music.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Herman said:

Take The Skinheads Bowling can be put up as many times as you like.

A bit of contemporary classical from R3.

And a bit of beauty from Aphex Twin thanks to 6music.

Aphex Twin grew up in Lanner which is a village half a mile over the hill from me and whom I played football for. He was best mates with my youngest son's mate. And despite all the weird press he gets at times, they all say he is a really nice bloke.

• Thanks 1

I 'force' myself to listen to this at least once a week so I don't forget how amazing it is. Cheer up Trent!

• Like 3

Anyone else heard Still House Plants? Stuart Maconie described them as his new favourite band on his Freak Zone show on 6Music. I can’t quite commit to it, but I can’t help feeling there’s something there…

(He also played your Aphex Twin track @Herman)

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1

That's an odd one Nuff. It starts off a bit like Slint but stays with the weird rather than going noisy. There's something there but it will need a few listens to see if it clicks.

2 hours ago, Herman said:

That's an odd one Nuff. It starts off a bit like Slint but stays with the weird rather than going noisy. There's something there but it will need a few listens to see if it clicks.

Yeah, definitely will either suddenly click, or become unlistenable. I had it on earlier and safe to say my wife was not impressed. 🤣

• Haha 1

On 13/06/2022 at 01:47, The Raptor said:

I 'force' myself to listen to this at least once a week so I don't forget how amazing it is. Cheer up Trent!

Even without the lyrics, the  sentiments of isolation, despair, regret, and hopelessness are overwhelming. 

A mate of mine at uni travelled around America and spotted a big water tower with 'Reznor' on the side. There was a house near there and he spoke to the old lady there. She turned out to be Trent Reznor's gran and his family was the company that owned the water tower. She invited him in and he took some photos of some of the toys Trent had played with there as a child, one of which was this gorilla with glowing orange eyes. Very disturbing and explains an awful lot. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1

Great show from the Stereophonics live from the Principality on BBC2 tonight, well worth a catch up on iplayer

10 hours ago, Van wink said:

Great show from the Stereophonics live from the Principality on BBC2 tonight, well worth a catch up on iplayer

I watched that too, didn’t realise they could still get such a massive crowd

Foals new album “Life Is Yours”….. halfway into it I can say it’s their best album since “Total Life Forever”. Actually really good so far and more song than atmospheric based, which the last two were.

1 hour ago, KernowCanary said:

Foals new album “Life Is Yours”….. halfway into it I can say it’s their best album since “Total Life Forever”. Actually really good so far and more song than atmospheric based, which the last two were.

Seen foals a few times, they're brilliant live but felt they started to drift musically over last few albums. Will give the new one a listen now

• Like 1

On 18/06/2022 at 22:43, Van wink said:

No thanks. 

MUSE from the Isle of Wight Festival on Sky Arts last night was pretty good.

Still much prefer their older stuff, but some of the newer ones are becoming classics too.

*I know MUSE are a bit marmite.

• Like 1