Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

Season ticket renewals

The club do announce season ticket numbers in the annual accounts

2017/18: 20,968

2016/17: 20,481

Of course it may be that the club decided to release more season tickets in 17/18 and this makes no mention of the size of the waiting list but we will get a number for the 18/19 renewals come the next round of accounts.

@Hoegsar

I think you''re a bit off with that- while I don''t think we''ll see a huge drop off I don''t think we''ll have the same numbers as before.

Of course there will still be over 20K season tickets sold.

There is no competition for people''s attention on the sporting front is there.

And after the season finishes and people get a bit of sun on their backs they will look forward to next season again.

Why not get a season ticket? It is better value and you are assured of certain things that others aren''t.

It is no good people assuming that because some moan that they aren''t loyal or firm supporters.

As a youngster, I used to stand at the River End in the early 60''s. And I will never forget the PA announcing the next home game at the end of each game as people were streaming out, and every time, there was a bout of "you''re joking" or "I''ve got better things to do".

No surprise that those same people were there next home game saying the same thing.

Its a Norfolk trait I think. I was saying to my Grandson last night that we run Scousers down and take the mickey but they get behind their team even when they are losing and have no hope. It is in their DNA.

Going back a bit further:

2015/16: 20,773

2014/15: 20,431

So appears we sell around 20,650 on average per season. Considering we have a capacity of 27,244, there are approximately 6,600 tickets available for home and away fans for casual sale. One would assume that those on a waiting list would attempt to attend so let''s look at average attendances for the same period:

2017/18: 25,720

2016/17: 26,354

2015/16: 26,973

2014/15: 26,368

So far this season we''ve seen a drop of 634 in the average attendance. I''m assuming we count this as tickets sold rather than bums on seats, and I know of many occasions when friends can''t be bothered to go and even struggle to give the ticket away.

My point in all of this, I wouldn''t be at all surprised to see renewal figures below 20,000. Given the perceived lack of desire to publicise this, we may have to wait until the next set of accounts come out.

@Barclay Wazza

Good research.

I do think the availability of casual tickets will play a role in season ticket numbers too. I know some people who''ve kept season tickets because generally it would be tough to get tickets on a game by game basis.

As we''re now not selling out most weeks people are more able to pick and choose and might not feel the need to keep a season ticket. I know I''ve not renewed and one factor was that I''m fairly sure I''ll be able to get tickets to most home games if I decide I want to go.

[quote user="king canary"]@Hoegsar

I think you''re a bit off with that- while I don''t think we''ll see a huge drop off I don''t think we''ll have the same numbers as before.[/quote]
Looking at the figures the average is just over 20k. I''m fairly confident that will be the same again next season.

I was going to mention it before but as the casual prices have dropped as well, someone mentioned recently that the benefit of having a season ticket over paying for all the games as a casual only amounted to the cost of 2 or 3 games tickets. So for those who couldn''t make all the games, it quickly becomes more economical (albeit more of a faff) to renew.

For a few seasons now, I''d not been enjoying the football and beyond the social side of a few beers with the mates I couldn''t see the value of spending out half a grand on something I didn''t enjoy. I didn''t renew this season for the first time in about 15 and I thought I''d buy the odd ticket here or there or pick up mates where they couldn''t go. I think I''ve been to about 4 games and to be honest... not really missed it.

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]Going back a bit further:

2015/16: 20,773

2014/15: 20,431

So appears we sell around 20,650 on average per season. Considering we have a capacity of 27,244, there are approximately 6,600 tickets available for home and away fans for casual sale. One would assume that those on a waiting list would attempt to attend so let''s look at average attendances for the same period:

2017/18: 25,720

2016/17: 26,354

2015/16: 26,973

2014/15: 26,368

So far this season we''ve seen a drop of 634 in the average attendance. I''m assuming we count this as tickets sold rather than bums on seats, and I know of many occasions when friends can''t be bothered to go and even struggle to give the ticket away.

My point in all of this, I wouldn''t be at all surprised to see renewal figures below 20,000. Given the perceived lack of desire to publicise this, we may have to wait until the next set of accounts come out.[/quote]The accounts don''t show the number of season ticket sold, and in any event I am confused by the "logic" through this thread that the club is saying nothing about the numbers because sales have dropped off markedly. Surely if that was the case there would be reminders that it wasn''t too late to renew or buy for the first time?

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]The club do announce season ticket numbers in the annual accounts

Of course it may be that the club decided to release more season tickets in 17/18 and this makes no mention of the size of the waiting list but we will get a number for the 18/19 renewals come the next round of accounts.[/quote]Thanks for that info as although a shareholder who receives the accounts i have never found that detail but there it is on Page 1 of The Strategic Report. The figure of 22,000 is often bandied about which obviously is a little wide of the mark and there is no waiting list anymore .On the official site that section is not available for fans to join it upon payment of a £50 deposit as used to be the case.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]The accounts don''t show the number of season ticket sold, [/quote]Page 1 of The Strategic Report Purple.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]The accounts don''t show the number of season ticket sold, [/quote]Page 1 of The Strategic Report Purple.[/quote]Oh that is stupid of me. Thanks. But  I THINK - I am starting to doubt my own logic now - that my other point holds good, that if sales were badly off then if anything the club would be trying to drum up interest. It might well be that sales are down but that is not obvious to me that silence on the subject means that.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]“The Waveney/Tillson anti-club Conference Call is a daily feature. Big Smile [:D]”

Apart from going to Bolton together they hardly know each other 😉[/quote]

I went to a game with the old plod once we didn''t get on and have hardly communicated since

[quote user="BarclayWazza"]The club do announce season ticket numbers in the annual accounts

Of course it may be that the club decided to release more season tickets in 17/18 and this makes no mention of the size of the waiting list but we will get a number for the 18/19 renewals come the next round of accounts.[/quote]
Im not sure 20968 is right Wazzy thought if thats what it says in accounts, I heard we finished up with & capped it at 21,500 st holders last season ??

"I went to a game with the old plod once we didn''t get on and have hardly communicated since".Sounds like a tale ripe for commissioning for the ITV Sunday night drama slot.Apples

[quote user="Diane"][quote user="BarclayWazza"]The club do announce season ticket numbers in the annual accounts

Of course it may be that the club decided to release more season tickets in 17/18 and this makes no mention of the size of the waiting list but we will get a number for the 18/19 renewals come the next round of accounts.[/quote]
Im not sure 20968 is right Wazzy thought if thats what it says in accounts, I heard we finished up with & capped it at 21,500 st holders last season ??
[/quote]Having goofed myself I am wary but...I believe the figures are what are given in the accounts, but those accounts figures are for the year just gone, not the year in progress, so I think Wazzy''s figures are a year out, and they should be:2017/18: ???2016/17: 20,9682015/16: 20,481The figure for the current season will be in the accounts out this autumn.

[quote user="Diane"][quote user="BarclayWazza"]The club do announce season ticket numbers in the annual accounts

[/quote]The last news item relating to renewels was published in Mar 2016. Maybe they stopped doing it when Mcnally left.http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/yellow-army-snaps-up-season-tickets-despite-norwich-city-s-relegation-dogfight-1-4463068The report does differenciate between corporate & non-corporate season tickets but says that the combined figure will be capped at 22,000.

I think the pint is that the club hasn''t tended to tell us the renewal figures, at this point, for several years - and probably only did then because the limit was reached.

The s/t number will be in the accounts - as reported above - though does it break down into renewals vs ''new''?

The issue of average attendances is always a tricky one - the away following can be a factor, a number of times this season there''s been plenty of empty seats in the away area, but the flexible partition thing has helped reduce this; at least we can sell blocks that haven''t gone to away fans.

Going back to the point made by the original post the club has in past seasons tended to put out an announcement or press release after either the first or second deadline saying how many have renewed. It was notable that they didn''t do so last year until much later which makes me think they were working through the ST waiting list before making any announcement. I suspect we lost quite a lot of ST holders last summer but the gap was plugged by people on the waiting list. i''m not sure this season that there is a waiting list any more?

Certainly when sales/renewals have been very high they have been very happy to put announcements out to that effect so its not stretching credibility that disappointing renewal numbers may have led to them deciding not to make an announcement, particularly as people may be more inclined to buy tickets on a casual basis if there is better availability.

Based on people I know and the number of people i''ve seen say they will not renew I would not be surprised if numbers are not down to 17,000-18,000 this year.

[quote user="Jim Smith"] Based on people I know and the number of people i''ve seen say they will not renew I would not be surprised if numbers are not down to 17,000-18,000 this year.[/quote]
Jim, I made a bet with Tilly that we would get over 20,000 and I''m still confident that I ll win [:)]

Jim, I think the point is that they haven''t done what you think they have. I''m pretty sure we had precisely the same discussion last year and the year before about there not having been an announcement. But I''m happy to be proven wrong if you can find it.

Branston - they didn''t do it last year. They did it in the years prior to that.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/7410453.stm

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/norwich-city-announce-record-first-deadline-season-ticket-sales-1-822144

http://www.edp24.co.uk/business/early-season-ticket-sales-are-up-for-norwich-city-football-club-1-3971074

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/yellow-army-snaps-up-season-tickets-despite-norwich-city-s-relegation-dogfight-1-4463068

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Anybody on the waiting list ? Or know anybody who is.[/quote]There is no longer a waiting list as i said earlier on this thread that the official site no longer allows you to join and pay your £50 deposit.

I’ve renewed my 3 season tickets and I’m sure most others will have renewed as well!

For me I have found home games to be hard work this season, but I’ve still gone along to most where I could because I’m a City fan.

I really can understand why some will not renew, it’s a lot of cash and the performances generally have been grim.

I am fortunate, I can afford to renew and I will, I can fully understand why others will not renew, they are all good fans but have tough choice to make.

As for those passing comment who never bother to come..... ferk off😀

Hoola Han Solo wrote the following post at 05/04/2018 5:45 PM:

Good post vw 👍🏼

Cheers 👍

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]The EDP are saying they will make an announcement on Season tickets tomorrow, and it''s going to be "Big news".[/quote]

Probably a free plastic wallet to keep it in

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]The EDP are saying they will make an announcement on Season tickets tomorrow, and it''s going to be "Big news".[/quote]
Do you have a link for that please, cant see it ??