Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Dwight Gayle available

[quote user="king canary"]I saw the number ''£18m'' associated with him and nearly passed out.[/quote]Not as much as I did when I saw WBA want 25m or more for Jonny Evans!The transfer market has gone beyond ridiculous and into some strange parallel world, whereby decent players are going for kings ransoms, and truly great players cost the average GDP of a small independent country...

I''d be surprised if there were many PL takers, perhaps Brighton but imo he''s a good Champs striker but not up to PL; would cl army be a decent signing at this level, but one we can''t afford

@Indy

All the reports I see from West Brom fans is that Evans has been utterly superb since he joined them- a classy centre back with extensive Premier League experience, £22m doesn''t seem too out of whack, all things considered.

Gayle strikes me as a modern day Robert Earnshaw- too good for the championship but never quite good enough to do it in the Premier League on a regular basis.

Was going to post this earlier, especially when I saw Newcastle were prepared to listen to reduced offers in order to move him on. If Nelson was to move then he would be the ideal striker to target.

Then I saw Newcastles idea of a reduced offer to as 18million! 18million for Dwight Gayle!

However, if we are going to complain about Jonny Evans for 22million, what about Stoke signing Kevin Wimmer for 18million? Spurs made 18million profit on a guy that''s played about 15 games for them!

So let''s get this straight, £50 million now only gets you Jonny Evans and Dwight Gayle! WTF is going on!?

Bizarrely arsenal are getting rid of Gibbs for only £7million, but are now hoping to get Evans as part of that deal.

And then Inter are trying to get Mustafi on loan for 5 million, with a view to a permanent deal for £23million if he plays 50% of games. Arsenal brought him for £35million this year

Football has completely lost it this year I think.

On a side note, who would want to be an Arsenal fan?

Stuck with the same failing manager for another 2 years, a season already unravelling, 2 key players (Ox/Sanchez) almost certain to leave, 2 defenders leaving, Ozil not signing a new contract & leaving on a free next year. And we through we had it bad...

if he is still there 2 hours before the deadline id chuck in a season long loan bid offering half his wages with no recall clause

If Nelson does leave (hopefully not) then it would be nice to see the board really commit to Gayle. Even if it leaves us with a few quid lost.

Thought Fulham had agreed a deal?

Have we put in a late bid based on Nelson possibly going to Swans, could we then afford it? Think I''d rather keep Nelson at this stage of the window.