Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Naismith?

Naismith is not as bad as many are making out. Perhaps his role is from the bench, but even so he can offer something. Granted it might not be value for money, but that''s something that can''t be helped now.

Naismith cannot help the money that''s been paid for him or to him. He looked good in preseason with Watkins and Wildhsut and I still hope we''ll get something from him when played correctly in a confident on form side.

He is that bad. He offers nothing. A No.10 who doesn''t assist like Wes or chip in with goals like Pritchard.

He is so bang average.

[quote user="Matt Morriss"][quote user="It''s Character Forming"]

We seem to have found out who is our best team and matchday squad the last few games and Naismith has been absent. 

Also some new players who were struggling initially have improved greatly.

Talk about downgrading our squad to mid-table level was (hopefully) premature.

Finally

Amazed it has taken 2 years and 3 managers to realise that Naismith and Martin are utter donkeys and directly negatively impact the team everytime the bl00dy play.

So glad King Farke has realised this early doors. He also quickly realised Bassong, Bennett, Mulumbo, Whittaker amongst others were total deadwood.

Farke will be bigger than Lambert and Neil, the future is yellow.[/quote]

The fact you think it was Farke''s decison to get rid of Bassong, Bennett, Mulumbo, Whittaker and others demonstrates you know f*** all about football. That would have been down to Webber.

Martin was never a "donkey" for us - he may now be relegated to a backup role in the squad as he gets older, but he has been a key member of teams for many managers from Lambert onwards, NCFC and elsewhere.

Exactly.  For me he is slow, doesn''t play passes that create anything, doesn''t take chances (I''ve lost count of the number of 1v1 chances I''ve seen him fail to take) and having him on the pitch is largely having a passenger.

At the moment I''d even question him getting onto the bench.

Some have said that his movement off the ball is good and we''re not bright enough to see it.  Well, I''ve certainly never seen anything that justifies him actually being on the pitch for us.

Allowing for his transfer fee and the wages we''ve paid him (at a time when we''re running out of parachute payments) I think he''s our worst ever signing in (lack of) VFM terms.

The irony is that AN was clearly desperate to recruit him, but I think that Naismith rapidly realised AN''s limitations as a manager, which made things even worse (hence it wasn''t entirely a coincidence that the team went on that appalling run after Naismith joined).  If only we''d stuck to our guns and offered him a contract with a relegation clause...

I thought it had been stated that EVERY player''s contract had a relegation clause, in that their wages went down?Or do you mean he was out if we got relegated?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]I thought it had been stated that EVERY player''s contract had a relegation clause, in that their wages went down?Or do you mean he was out if we got relegated?[/quote]I can''t be certain but the rumour is he would only come here if we scrubbed the relegation clause. To be fair the manager and almost all fans were very keen to get him here and it turns out to have been a heart over head decision.It wouldn''t be so bad if we '' only '' lose the transfer fee if he goes on a free but he''s on such good wages that we can''t even do that.It''s b*oody annoying but it''s not the first time we''ve bought a dud and it won''t be the last.

In the positions he plays with a fully fit squad he''d be keeping one of Maddison, Josh or Pritchard out of the team. Can anyone honestly say they would be happy with that?

My understanding was exactly that Nutty, I doubt they''d make exceptions for one player it''s just a standard policy for our club and rightly so.

If he was playing well, I''d have no problem with him keeping Josh, Madders or Wes out the side. But if he isn''t performing, he shouldn''t be starting. Simple as that. I''ve no doubt he can bring good things to the squad and he has shone in one or two games I''ve seen, he just needs to be able to do that more frequently like Wes or Pritchard with match winning performances to be worth what we paid for him, and we''ve simply just not seen that.

Oh gawd.....I''ll probably be told off for this, deep breath.......but imo, we have a bit of an issue on our left hand side as competition to Murphy.  Husband came on last week to replace him - he did well, but is not ideal for that position - and Naismith is able to play on the left, in fact did very well there for Rangers and Everton.  So we may need him more than people think as the season progresses.

Total waste of money!

Then for what hes done for us he would have been a bad buy if he''d of cost £1M!

Yes he can play football with the ball at his feet but physically his legs have gone which makes him to slow and hes weak. Hes tries to blag his weaknesses by talking to his team mates and the ref!

Only still at the club cause no one wanted him on his ridiculous wages!

@LDC

The opinion of most Everton fans when he came here seemed to be ''don''t play him out wide.'' I''d guess he''s even slower now than he was then also.

He was nothing more than a utility man/substitute at Everton.

Not strictly true, but for the most part you are right. One of my friends is a Toffee and was surprised we went in for him. That said, like us, he thought he''d do much better for us than he has. He struggled for form in his first season for Everton, making most of his appearances from the bench under Moyes, but under Martinez he was played down the middle and had a great season. The next season he was poor again which resulted in him being sold to us. Very up and down looking back at his history. At 31 it was always a bit of a weird signing, but I assume the aim was to take the strain off Wes. Should have just played signed Pritchard earlier and played him there to begin with, or just played Maddison. Hindsight hey!

At the time I thought I could see the idea behind it- play Naismith off Mbokani to allow us to he a bit more direct. Wes tends to drift and go looking for the ball which can leave a lone striker a bit isolated and I thought a player of Naismith''s style could offer something different. However it really hasn''t worked out.

I was also one who thought in the Championship his quality would show through and again it didn''t. I can''t criticise his work rate but I can''t really think of a single aspect of his game that really stands out.

It may come to the surface that Steven is paddling with Russ. I’m not saying their ship has sailed but I don’t think that anyone is manning a rescue craft for them.

Farke said he has picked up another knock so depends on how long that keeps him out.

I''d be fine with never seeing him in a Norwich shirt again.

I''d be fine with Naismith coming good. Never understand why people want players and managers not to do well for the club

I don''t think anyone doesn''t want him to do well for the club. Obviously if he comes in and suddenly plays brilliantly I''d be delighted. Just based on the past 18 months worth of evidence it doesn''t seem likely.

To be fair during September he''s come in handy for those who are blessed with moaning as their first language ☺☺

I like Naismith and know that Klose wont let him drown, he''ll still have a part to play this season, mark my words

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="T"]I''d be fine with Naismith coming good. Never understand why people want players and managers not to do well for the club[/quote]No s*it Sherlock.The problem is I doubt any of us will long enough to see it happen.

[/quote]I logged on here from Lanzarote looking for an outburst of positivity from you Smithy but you have failed me ![:D]

I would love it if Naisy, turned things around. That would be fantastic. So far though he has been next to useless, one of the biggest wastes of money we have ever had, and continues to be. It would be a shock if he was not the top earner at the club.

Now I don’t believe everything that managers say, I would suggest that part of their role is to release information in a way that they want to manage situations. I think that saying he has an injury is the way Farke wants to handle this, but I don’t think that’s the full story.

I believe that he has been cut adrift and presently no one is pulling him into the boat, not even chief lifeboat launcher Timm.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="T"]I''d be fine with Naismith coming good. Never understand why people want players and managers not to do well for the club[/quote]No s*it Sherlock.The problem is I doubt any of us will long enough to see it happen.

[/quote]I logged on here from Lanzarote looking for an outburst of positivity from you Smithy but you have failed me ![:D][/quote]You''re on holiday Tilly.......there must be better things to do than read the nonsense on here [:(]

To be fair Im pretty sure that Tilly logged in to see how Rays Funds picks were doing Smithy so maybe had a quick read whilst he was here

I''d love nothing more than for Naismith to turn his form with completely around and become one of our best players contributing to a successful team which at the price we paid for him he should be!

But at his age he isn''t going to get fitter and quicker, so the chances of the above happening are the same as getting 6 numbers!